After my vacation I have a EU for sale

^tom^

For my vacation in the USA I like to have a good EU like the GotWay 18.

But I can not take my one from home with my because of the IATA regulation.

So I can buy one from China and let it send to the USA directly.

At the end of my vacation I have the same IATA problem and can not take the wheel home.

So I have to leave it there (until my next vacation and the batteries will be dead until then) or I have to sell it.

Is anyone interessed to buy a used GotWay 18 middle speed (680wh) for arround USD 1050.-?

(plus shipping plus PayPal fee if not payed by cash or personal check in advance)

I can drive and the wheel will be normaly used for arround 6 weeks with a total of arround 500 street miles.

PS: For sale by middle of october in Newport News VA

If anyone prefer another EU (but only high-end product) or the high tourque or high speed version, let me know

Thanks for your interessting.

I have to buy it until end of July.

So I have to have a buyer until end of July too.

During my vacation I am not willing to take the time to look for a buyer.

As I wrote in my first post: Arround USD 1050.-

New pice is by USD 1550.- incl. shipping to the USA

But maybe I found another solution to take my Rockwheel with me, so I do not have to buy another "good" wheel.

If I can so, I will sell the Rockwheel GR12 by end of my vacation for USD 590.- incl. replacement tire, tube and shipping  to the lower 48 staates

July and October? Heck, I'll drive and met you in Virginia, I looking at the gotway... Need fer speed gotme... Will check in closer to 'end of vacation' date... No looking as in buying...

July and October? Heck, I'll drive and met you in Virginia, I looking at the gotway... Need fer speed gotme... Will check in closer to 'end of vacation' date...

​Smile, but I am looking for someone who like to buy a EU, because I can not take it back (only without the batteries).

Pick Up is possibile in the OBX NC area , or Newport News VA between Oct. 12th and Oct. 17th

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2015, 3:12:40, ^tom^ said:

IATA regulation

"It is important to re-iterate that the prohibition on the carriage of lithium metal batteries on passenger aircraft only applies to lithium metal batteries when shipped by themselves (PI 968 Section IA, IB & II). The prohibition does not apply to lithium metal batteries packed with equipment (PI 969) or contained in equipment (PI 970). "

found here link

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2015, 3:48:49, spikes2020 said:

"It is important to re-iterate that the prohibition on the carriage of lithium metal batteries on passenger aircraft only applies to lithium metal batteries when shipped by themselves (PI 968 Section IA, IB & II). The prohibition does not apply to lithium metal batteries packed with equipment (PI 969) or contained in equipment (PI 970). "

found here link

So does it mean we will be able to bring along EUC on plane no matter how many Wh the batteries are?

On 9.11.2015 17.41.10, z3n said:

So does it mean we will be able to bring along EUC on plane no matter how many Wh the batteries are?

Not 100% sure, but I think Lithium metal -batteries refer to primary cells (ie. non-rechargeable batteries). AFAIK, lithium-ion is not lithium metal (and Li-Ions are rechargeable, ie. secondary cells):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery

This article is about disposable lithium batteries. It is not to be confused with Lithium-ion battery.

Lithium batteries are disposable (primary) batteries that have lithium metal or lithium compounds as an anode.

By comparison, lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable batteries in which lithium ions move between the anode and the cathode, using an intercalated lithium compound as the electrode material instead of the metallic lithium used in lithium batteries.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived