Ronin

12 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

nosfet.tech2024_09_24_00_32_252c2f506c-f70d-4dc9-b534-0f7d258bd4f4.jpg

Doesn't work like that, it's dependent on the lens used or if they use StVZO standard to bounce the light.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

Screenshot_20240923-185629_Instagram.png

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

This image is worth a thousand words.

Yes, and unfortunately not in a positive way!

58 minutes ago, bpong said:

more of the same old, marketing hype that the euc community sees every season.  if this new euc manufacturer wanted to showcase bits and pieces of their upcoming new euc,  perhaps providing a set of pedals built similar to nylonove or the erides aluminum pedals would have provided the euc community a valid reason to welcome this 'new' manufacturer.  instead,  this 'bit' is no different than what people replace on some of their rides.  there will be more reactions to these 'pedals'.

After I saw this POS pedal my interest in this wheel dropped from 100 to 10% or less.

What else can you expect if this new company already fails completely in the selection/manufacture of the pedals? smh

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

whatever they are posting is not helping their promotion.  i find it strange that they cannot understand this.  the pedals on the lynx were a joke;  and they charged such a high price on this  euc.  i wonder what else nosfet will release for our viewing...  depending on what it depicts,  i sincerely hope it can put their wheel in a more positive light...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

With 8 beefy bolts spread out over a large area to spread the stress I don't feel it's a problem.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/33861-inmotion-v12-pedal-snap/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/34554-begode-extreme-review-off-road-thrills-durability-insights/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/31824-v13-first-batch-defect-motor-screws-breaking-in-shear/#comment-461662

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/wwhzbz/i_keep_losing_screws_on_v12_pedal_hangers/

Right. They should use nails instead. :efef2e0fff:

Axles, pedal rods, and carry handles are in the horizontal plane. I think they bend or break more often.

What would you do differently?

Ideally, the parts should be designed so that vertical loads are carried by the parts, instead of the screws - particularly for areas with frequent load cycles, prone to fatigue. Screws should be used for their tensile strength rather than shear strength.
If a fastener must be used in the vertical shear plane, then the shearing force should be applied to the shank part of a bolt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/33861-inmotion-v12-pedal-snap/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/34554-begode-extreme-review-off-road-thrills-durability-insights/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/31824-v13-first-batch-defect-motor-screws-breaking-in-shear/#comment-461662

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/wwhzbz/i_keep_losing_screws_on_v12_pedal_hangers/

Ideally, the parts should be designed so that vertical loads are carried by the parts, instead of the screws - particularly for areas with frequent load cycles, prone to fatigue. Screws should be used for their tensile strength rather than shear strength.
If a fastener must be used in the vertical shear plane, then the shearing force should be applied to the shank part of a bolt.

You missed the part where I wrote spread out over a large area.

If nothing more - it will be lesser variant of Leaperkim. Same time maybe better build quality than Begode.. Somewhere in middle?

And the people who made Apex are riders.. :D Don't joke. If you can't make decent pedals - the simplest part on EUC aside of Trolley/Carry handle. You already Failed. (Or they know people will change them anyways.. So no points trying to make something decent???)

Sorry - Not sorry. I'm saying how things are.  Same Ol Same Ol - Hype over nothing. This wheel will not be anything amazing. Same thing as we already have on market, only new look/name.

Let me guess - next photo you will have built in power pads? Let me tell you something - Real riders want flats sides, so they can add their own power pads.. Have this new EUC maker done any homework about wheels and what people want? Pedals having removable studs are number one by long shot. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Those pedals look bad. Very small looking and no proper removable studs. Those little nubs (which already suck) are probably going to be useless because of those raised ridges.

I’m also not happy to hear it’ll be a linkage suspension. In my opinion coil forks are the clear winner for their low friction, simplicity, longevity, crash protection etc. Linkage seems like a step backwards to me.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, litewave said:

Waaah, my size 18 feet are too big for the tiny pedals....

Waaah, the studs are too big and will hurt my toes ....

Waaah, I can't install my favorite vibrator ....

etc., etc., etc.....

Actually, small, slippery pedals have been the plague on EUCs up until recently. I though we've grown up this phase.

We're expecting this wheel to be next level, not the previous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aztek said:

Actually, small, slippery pedals have been the plague on EUCs up until recently. I though we've grown up this phase.

We're expecting this wheel to be next level, not the previous.

Just source and install whatever pedals you like. There have been several options for years.

No need to nitpick every new wheel before we know all the details or at least a prototype appears in the wild.

• Haha 1

Just now, litewave said:

No need to nitpick every new wheel before we know all the details or at least a prototype appears in the wild.

Actually, this thread is made exactly to do this: nitpicking the new upcoming wheel before we have the full info. 😂

It is such by design, with the expectation of the wheel creators as well.

Even Begode can make better pedals, aside of wheels themselves..

Beats the point of buying it. If first thing we need to do is buy different pedals.. They should give us option to buy wheel without pedals then. :D

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aztek said:

Actually, this thread is made exactly to do this: nitpicking the new upcoming wheel before we have the full info. 😂

It is such by design, with the expectation of the wheel creators as well.

Maybe @Ronin (the thread originator) should speak for himself. I think he takes a more balanced and constructive approach in his reviews.

Perhaps the word "nitpick" was too kind. I really meant "whine".

• Haha 1

Whining and Calling out Facts are different..

Crying about wheels color - that would be wining. Crying about wheel weight - that's winning. But talking about pedals that have milled studs instead removable ones - that's not winning, that's an actual disadvantage. And worse quality product. Every single wheel whit these types of pedals - user often change them to aftermarket ones. Just showing how bad the original pedals are. Why would we need to change anything on wheel - those pedals should be made right in fist place. 

They call themselves EUC riders.. (The company makers.) But misses the most basic things - removable studs on pedals and being big enough. Yes these pedals will be usable.. But they could been better. As most serious riders will install aftermarket pedals..

Edited by Funky

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Whining and Calling out Facts are different..

Crying about wheels color - that would be wining. Crying about wheel weight - that's winning. But talking about pedals that have milled studs instead removable ones - that's not winning, that's an actual disadvantage. And worse quality product. Every single wheel whit these types of pedals - user often change them to aftermarket ones. Just showing how bad the original pedals are. Why would we need to change anything on wheel - those pedals should be made right in fist place. 

They call themselves EUC riders.. (The company makers.) But misses the most basic things - removable studs on pedals and being big enough. Yes these pedals will be usable.. But they could been better. As most serious riders will install aftermarket pedals..

Do you have aftermarket pedals on your 18XL?

22 minutes ago, litewave said:

Do you have aftermarket pedals on your 18XL?

If you read my signature under each post - Yup. Because original ones where stupid. I bought pedals the same time i bough my wheel. (Because i knew i want/need them.) They where 250$.

250$ that should not have been needed to spend - if manufacturer made right kind of pedals. 2023 version wheels now come with honeycomb pedals - which are way better than flat grip-tape ones, that my wheel had.

If i had bought 2023 version wheel - i would not have needed the 250$ pedals.

I have even thought about spending extra and buying nylonove. But i won't - because i want whole new wheel..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Funky said:

If you read my signature under each post - Yup. Because original ones where stupid. I bought pedals the same time i bough my wheel. (Because i knew i want/need them.) They where 250$.

Whatever, but glad you found some that work for you.

Sorry, but the extra info exceeds my bandwidth. :efee8c29ce:

image.thumb.png.af17318656011b69f4b79c389cf63a8f.png

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Just source and install whatever pedals you like. There have been several options for years.

I think it's a rather easy problem for the manufacturer to solve so the customer don't need to spend extra money on new pedals.

Personally I solve it with 3D printed overlay instead of spending all that money in vain.

• Like 1