Smart glasses support in EUC World app - I want your input!

Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Yes :) When EUC World 2.50.0 will be released, you will need to turn your Engo 2 on, start the EUC World app, open app menu, navigate to "Smartglasses" and finally turn on "Enable smartglasses" switch. EUC World will automatically find your glasses and connect to them. That's all :) Of course you will want to customize views to suit your preferences so they will show what you want to see :)

Any news on the planned release date of 2.50.0 ?

22 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

Any news on the planned release date of 2.50.0 ?

"There will also be an EUC World update version 2.50.0 in late September/early October"

• Like 1

Great job Seba & Blkfri

Too bad they don't extend their concept to MC helmets, unlike other AR-glasses here everything is in the central part so it could easily be mounted on a full-face helmet nose guard to display the data on the visor(+ no frame/glass/assembly chain, the cost would be greatly reduced)
~$199 for the all-in-one part suitable for helmets i'm in 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

awesome work Seba ! i just created an account here just to reply on this topic, and subscribed to Euc world Premium. i also just bought Photocromatic engo glasses 

this hud display looks incredible ! its going to be a great feeling riding with all those stats always visible

maybe you mentioned it already , but the 3 features im most interested in showing on the screen

voltage , safety margin , gps speed

Great work on this app, and development of the smart glass integration! ill be patiently waiting everyday for new version 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rickjames said:

awesome work Seba ! i just created an account here just to reply on this topic, and subscribed to Euc world Premium. i also just bought Photocromatic engo glasses 

this hud display looks incredible ! its going to be a great feeling riding with all those stats always visible

maybe you mentioned it already , but the 3 features im most interested in showing on the screen

voltage , safety margin , gps speed

Great work on this app, and development of the smart glass integration! ill be patiently waiting everyday for new version 

sorry for double post , cant figure out how to edit post. i click 3 dots on my post and edit isnt there

my edit was going to include a discount with Engo glasses. use code GEO at checkout 10 %off. i tried like 10 codes and finally this 1 worked

also id love to see wh / mile be added to what i can see in the glasses

happy riding !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seba said:

2.50.0 is live now, so you can play with smartglasses :)

AWESOME , thanks man ! So excited to play around with my Engo glasses very soon. They get here tommorow ! I'll post a little review in a couple days with the EUC world integration

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rickjames said:

I setup them up with Activelook app first, you can adjust where the HUD shows up by adjusting all directions.

EUC World also allows to adjust image position, and doesn't need Activelook app. Just an info for those users like me, that tends to avoid unnecessary apps installed on their phones :)

6 hours ago, Rickjames said:

Within 4 rides using these glasses, they are a part of my gear like wearing my helmet now. They fit well in my covered helmet too. I can't imagine a ride without them lol !

I have exactly the same feelings. I can't imagine riding without these glasses now.

7 hours ago, Rickjames said:

I always loved new emerging tech like this, kind of why I got into the wonderful world of Electric unicycles. I'm a data nerd, so this whole integration with EUC World was calling my name as soon as I saw Seba's post on Facebook about this. Fantastic work man ! :eff034a94a::efefae4566:

Thanks! :) Actually it took a lot of time spent looking for a technology that would work in our use cases. Unfortunately whatever I found was too heavy, bulky or unconvenient, has poor battery life or didn't protected eyes during a ride or not allowed custom content to be displayed.

7 hours ago, Rickjames said:

battery life is also good I think. From 100% and after 4 rides and 3.5 hours of usage, they are at 70%

In my tests I reached about 9 hours of runtime with auto brightness, high refresh rate and gesture sensor on. But disabling gesture sensor doubles battery life.

• Like 2

Glad you are not relying on ActiveLook as for me it’s a bit clunky. If your screen goes into screensaver mode the speed freezes but the trip timer continues and trying to get connection to a Garmin is more miss than hit. Tried out your Eucworld connection and it works seamlessly with loads of screen options. 100% 👍 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 9:23 AM, Raptor said:

Hello,

I would like to buy Enco2 Photochromic, but maybe someone knows if it is still available somewhere?

On Enco's page it says sold out :(

You can also check the fb marketplace or other websites commonly used in your country to sell second-hand goods
When I took a look earlier this summer, I found several photochromic listings for ~$200 barely used & ~$150 for the classic ones
While it might be useful for euc's to have this data in real time, it doesn't seem to be relevant for cyclists/runners so they just dump them after a few rides

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 3:44 AM, Seba said:

Apparently, over the weekend EUC World users bought out the entire stock of glasses :) Let's hope that the lack of availability will not last too long. I also recommend that you check https://eunicycles.eu/en/ regularly, as it is very possible that you will be able to buy these glasses there in the near future as well.

The market for AR glasses is growing rapidly and may explode soon. I wouldn't mourn the loss of any one product, yet. 

I have a couple sets inbound and think they can easily be adapted to work with EUC World. I'll post here or in a separate thread after I test them out.

Edited by litewave

On 10/14/2024 at 9:23 AM, Raptor said:

I would like to buy Enco2 Photochromic, but maybe someone knows if it is still available somewhere?

On Enco's page it says sold out :(

Looks they are again in stock at https://engoeyewear.com/products/engo-2-photochromic. Both standard and large shield options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Looks they are again in stock at https://engoeyewear.com/products/engo-2-photochromic. Both standard and large shield options.

Cool, ordered a pair standard size, will be interesting to see how they work with my slight astigmatism, the return policy made me confident to try it.

• Like 2

Just deciding what fields to have on view. At the moment I have speed, battery %, distance and safety margin I think. Voltage might be there as well. 

If I had a wish list it would be breadcrumb navigation- like the Beeline Moto 2 - but I know that was never in the brief. I'm on Android and there is no navigation app for the Engo

Some images helping people to better understand how it works in EUC World :) 

2.jpg

1. Above is an example of a view that consist of four fields per each column. Each field can be customized (you can select what value will be displayed at each field).

4.jpg

2. View with four fields in left column and two small and one large field in right column. Again, fields are fully customizable.

5.jpg

3. View with two large fields per each column. Fields are.... :)

6.jpg

4. Look at the bottom right field showing speed - field is highlighted. In this case speed alarm was active, so speed field is in alarm state.

7.jpg

5. Weather radar view, oriented in the direction of riding. And it works great, as it started to rain after few kilometers... BTW In case of thunderstorms, you will also see nearby lightnings on this view.

11.jpg

7. Engo 2 photochromic glasses with standard shield size. Recommended for most users.

12.jpg

8. Engo 2 photochromic glasses with large shield size. They provide better eye protection, but may not fit some helmets and are harder to turn on.

13.jpg

9. Me wearing Engo 2 with standard shield.

14.jpg

10. Me wearing Engo 2 with large shield. Note of how the helmet rests on the upper edge of the glasses shield, which caused the glasses to slightly slide down from the nose. 

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Seba said:

7.jpg

5. Weather radar view, oriented in the direction of riding. And it works great, as it started to rain after few kilometers... BTW In case of thunderstorms, you will also see nearby lightnings on this view.

That's pretty cool, is it possible/viable to get google maps navigation in some magic way?

Hello everyone,
I also received my Engo photochromic version today. It took only one day to reach Tallinn, Estonia. It's really great with Eucworld! Well, it's also very good in the dark. However, it bothers me that these glasses are transparent even in daylight. All this technical monster looks like. With normal lenses, these glasses are just like nice sunglasses, but apparently cannot be used in the dark. The glasses could darken to a greater extent or the glasses could be replaceable. I'm already thinking that maybe I should also buy the ones with blue glasses. At the same time, it's like a pointless expense :)