Smart glasses support in EUC World app - I want your input!

Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

YESSSSSS!

I've been looking into smart glasses and/or helmets for a while, and I've never found anything solid. At one point I almost pulled the trigger on the Tilsberk HUD, but it requires a subscription to calimoto and doesn't work with any other kind of GPS app. Plus it seems to be worthless if you go offroad.

So this seems like a MUCH better idea, especially if it's feeding in data from EUC world. Plus it's cheaper than the Tilsberk!

I am 1000% on board with this!

• Like 1

I would have to try them to see if they could work with my old broken eyes, but if I could focus the info, and they could work comfortably inside helmets etc then yes, I am all over in this in terms of enthusiasm ! Although the information EUCW provides is a great start, the ultimate thing for me would be a rear view camera we could see underlaying the information. It does seem more logical in a lot of ways to build that sort of thing into the helmet, but if there was a way to get that into these sort of glasses that would be amazing. 

Edited by Cerbera

2 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

YESSSSSS!

I've been looking into smart glasses and/or helmets for a while, and I've never found anything solid. At one point I almost pulled the trigger on the Tilsberk HUD, but it requires a subscription to calimoto and doesn't work with any other kind of GPS app. Plus it seems to be worthless if you go offroad.

So this seems like a MUCH better idea, especially if it's feeding in data from EUC world. Plus it's cheaper than the Tilsberk!

U should check out Xreal its working without any troubles on Samsung with dex

• Upvote 1

I voted yes only cause these glasses also work with my garmin epix2 watch.  Otherwise, i would hav voted no...

19 minutes ago, bpong said:

I voted yes only cause these glasses also work with my garmin epix2 watch.  Otherwise, i would hav voted no...

I'm currently developing support for the datafield version of my Garmin app (Wheeldash). I plan to start field-test these glasses in a few days/weeks to ensure it fit EUC riders needs but I'm quite impressed by the product so far.I t's really lightweight aren't obstructive at all (probably not as other smartglasses designed for entertainment. To be honest that's an assumption as I didn't try any other smartglasses). The fact that's the glasses are photochomic is a great thing too as it can accommodate to various weather conditions.

1 hour ago, Blkfri said:

The fact that's the glasses are photochomic is a great thing too as it can accommodate to various weather conditions.

I would hav rather hav a choice between clear and photochromic.  Its all good, ... will do some r&d on current owners and what they think if their performance and the lens themselves...

Hopefully i come across a majority of happy owners !

bpong

It seems cool; I'd buy them if they were reasonably priced.
I have never seen a "smart helmet" that checks all the boxes.

I wonder how configurable the heads-up display would be.
Can I see stats from EUC world like speed, altitude, GPS location, voltage, and environmentals?

Edited by Jayzao

5 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

YESSSSSS!

U can use dex and setup your own hud with this glasses.

I've using Everysight smart glasses https://www.everysight.com/. It can do quite a bit of things--taking photos/videos, voice command... except not yet connected to any wheel apps. If someone can work with Everysight company and have EUC app information display through their glasses would be more than great! I wonder if that's possible. Is this another option?

Edited by Scubadragonsan
  • Like 1

Is it possible to implement a rear camera view if the camera is attached backward on a helmet? For my particular reason of EUC use, the rear camera view would be most important feature.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

I wonder how configurable the heads-up display would be.
Can I see stats from EUC world like speed, altitude, GPS location, voltage, and environmentals?

You can do pretty much anything you want as long as it involves (simple) monochrome images or shapes. It's basically a whiteboard and it's up to the dev to define/design the user interface as well as the data to be displayed. There is also a proximity sensor that can be used to switch between views. I heard it can sometimes be tricky to trigger when using an helmet but I didn't try it yet (I only coded one view so far). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is it possible to implement a rear camera view if the camera is attached backward on a helmet? For my particular reason of EUC use, the rear camera view would be most important feature.

Not with the Engo, while you can play a few frames you can't really use them to display a video, if you want some integration with EUC World it's better to use a rear bike radar like the varia imo.

• Like 1

I like the idea but the reviews of ENGO 2 are not all that favorable, reviewers complain about comfort and visibility.

• Like 1

can you tell the manufacturer to make it roomier for people that already wear prescription glasses or even clips onto existing glasses?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I like the idea but the reviews of ENGO 2 are not all that favorable, reviewers complain about comfort and visibility.

I can't tell for now, but I will post some kind of review about that when I'll have time to properly test them. I'm sometimes wearing them when I'm coding and they don't feel uncomfortable at all, but keep in mind I'm used to glasses (my prescription glasses are pretty much the same weight as the Engo 😅).

• Like 1

Seba;

im sorry to say this, but can you change my vote from yes to NO... the glasses would be great for your app, i have no doubt.  but if im spending dollars in that amount or more, i want more to the display capability other than just showing data fields.  i use your app primarily in audio mode,  listening to audio prompts for speed.  if the glasses had the ability to display a moving map from my epix2, that would of sold me on the sale of those glasses.  for what they are designed for, they are perfect for that application.  but i would want more so i have to change my vote to NO...

1 hour ago, bpong said:

Seba;

im sorry to say this, but can you change my vote from yes to NO... the glasses would be great for your app, i have no doubt.  but if im spending dollars in that amount or more, i want more to the display capability other than just showing data fields.  i use your app primarily in audio mode,  listening to audio prompts for speed.  if the glasses had the ability to display a moving map from my epix2, that would of sold me on the sale of those glasses.  for what they are designed for, they are perfect for that application.  but i would want more so i have to change my vote to NO...

Well technically you can draw a polyline on the Engo so you can probably use that to draw a simple track and compute coordinates to display your current position but you won't be able to display a map like on your epix.

blkfri,

dont misunderstand my no vote....these glasses easily meet the task of displaying important data for any activity.  its just i want more functionality in a pair of smart glasses and compatibility with other devices.   if one just wanted a pair of smart glasses to display data info only,  these glasses will do easily...

No. Not these, because they are not usable at night. Is there one that is transparent instead?

The extreme riders who can use HUD display in San Francisco and New York mainly ride at night, wearing motorcycle helmets, because traffic in the city settles down, so the streets are theirs. They use EUCWorld on a phone strapped to their arm to monitor stats.

They tried the WearOS watch view but battery depleted too fast and didn't last the whole ride. I wonder if that will be an issue with glasses too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeorgeFrancis said:

No. Not these, because they are not usable at night. Is there one that is transparent instead?

The extreme riders who can use HUD display in San Francisco and New York mainly ride at night, wearing motorcycle helmets, because traffic in the city settles down, so the streets are theirs. They use EUCWorld on a phone strapped to their arm to monitor stats.

They tried the WearOS watch view but battery depleted too fast and didn't last the whole ride. I wonder if that will be an issue with glasses too.

ENGO 2 has photocromatic version with lowest being cat 0, isn't that suitable for night riding?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeFrancis said:

As @Rawnei said you have a photochromatic version, HUD is clearly visible in low light conditions and there's an ambiant light sensor that allows automatic brightness adjustment. I mostly ride during early morning or late afternoon/evening so that's something I'll be able to test.

The glasses are supposed to last 10+ hours, but that's to be confirmed.

Edited by Blkfri
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bpong said:

blkfri,

dont misunderstand my no vote....these glasses easily meet the task of displaying important data for any activity.  its just i want more functionality in a pair of smart glasses and compatibility with other devices.   if one just wanted a pair of smart glasses to display data info only,  these glasses will do easily...

I got your point, while I admit being hyped by the product I totally get it may not suit everyone needs/requirements 😁. As a Garmin app developer I can just tell you won't be able to get these kind of map from your Epix (Garmin API is quite limited when it comes to navigation) , you'll have to use your phone to archive that.

I don't think non-sport smartglasses are suitable for riding. They are typically not lightweight enough to be comfortable during long rides. On the other hand, smartglasses designed for sports often have fewer features due to limitations in weight and size.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...