Strange new model names in Begode import documents - Mten5, A5, T4 Max, Race, Future, Photon and Blitz

Mten5 - self explanatory

A5 - Purely a guess but seems like a blend of A2 and MCM5, so perhaps a lighter/smaller body a2?

T4 max - some other shitty variation probably....maybe the make the jump to 134v but that would take market share from blitz

Blitz - lighter master

Race - ?

Future - ? 168v ex30 type?

Photon - ?...perhaps something fast and small?

Posted (edited)

A5/Photon could be 100V(maybe more), 900Wh wheel without suspension. Rumored to be sub 50lbs. Having C40 motor??? (Don't think that motor thing is true..)

They won't make 900Wh setup just for Falcon.. They gonna reuse things on different wheels. Light wheel with C40 motor would be crazy. Range for sure wont be great, but amazing power for neighborhood/errand wheel.. Perfect for people who don't need big range, or want suspension.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Begode has listed names of wheels in the past that were never produced, like the MCM6, so there's no guarantee that these wheels will ever be manufactured:

• MTen5
  • A5
  • T4 Max
  • Blitz
  • Race
  • Future
  • Photon

Hoping that at least one of them (A5?) is a lightweight, ergonomic, performance wheel.

• 24s2p Samsung 50S
  • 40lbs
  • Centred handle with easily-accessible lift switch
  • IP67
  • 50km/h

Things it doesn't need:

• Suspension
  • Display
  • Speakers
  • Side lights
  • Kickstand
  • Programmable LED tail light
  • Built-in pads
  • Built-in velcro
  • SmartBMS
  • Super-wide tire
  • Heavy-duty pedals
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Begode has listed names of wheels in the past that were never produced, like the MCM6, so there's no guarantee that these wheels will ever be manufactured:

• MTen5
  • A5
  • T4 Max
  • Blitz
  • Race
  • Future
  • Photon

Hoping that at least one of them (A5?) is a lightweight, ergonomic, performance wheel.

• 24s2p Samsung 50S
  • 40lbs
  • Centred handle with easily-accessible lift switch
  • IP67
  • 50km/h

Things it doesn't need:

• Suspension
  • Display
  • Speakers
  • Side lights
  • Kickstand
  • Programmable LED tail light
  • Built-in pads
  • Built-in velcro
  • SmartBMS
  • Super-wide tire
  • Heavy-duty pedals

At least honeycomb pedals.. :D Smart BMS also doesn't add any weight, so it could be welcomed, but not really needed? How wide is to wide tire? I imagine you would want at least 3" space for tire.. As i have always said it's better to have space for bigger tire, than have no space at all. (Most tire options are at 3", otherwise you are looking at 2" bicycle tires that have few options and not the best..)

Everything else - right on.

Doh i myself have started to think about suspension, but it isn't really needed, if axle is thick/strong..

Posted (edited)

Another news of mine making it into a topic🤣. Some of these are already allegedly canceled by Begode, but i don't know which ones. I would guess that the A5 is a no go with the Falcon around. Mten5 would make sense, if upgraded with a Falcon style suspension. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Strange new model names in Begode import documents - Mten5, A5, T4 Max, Race, Future, Photon and Blitz
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Funky said:

Smart BMS also doesn't add any weight, so it could be welcomed, but not really needed?

In the live Falcon teardown, Mr Lin (Begode) said that their Standard BMS is more reliable than SmartBMS.
https://www.facebook.com/Begode.Levi/videos/381406490898602
In a single small pack configuration (like the A2), a SmartBMS isn't as useful (if something isn't working, just replace the whole pack).
A SmartBMS is more important when you have to balance multiple large cell groups.
A SmartBMS increases cost (running wires to all the different cell groups) and complexity (additional failure points). They can also introduce "phantom drain" as the SmartBMS bleeds off energy to balance the groups. This can be a problem if you don't charge your wheel for long periods of time (vacation).

How wide is to wide tire? I imagine you would want at least 3" space for tire.. As i have always said it's better to have space for bigger tire, than have no space at all. 

The wider the body, the more difficult it is to control the wheel with one leg. This can make mounting more challenging, particularly for short wheels where you can't use your knee or upper calf for support. 
Wide wheels are also harder to carry and walk with because their centre-of-gravity is further away.

Too thin isn't ideal either because you start limiting your tire choices and lose the cushioning provided by a wide tire. For me the sweet spot is 2.75-inch, but I'd be fine with 3-inch if it didn't impact weight too much.

Edited by Asphalt
extra word removed
  • Like 2