Uniwheel first impressions

Gimlet

2 hours ago, esaj said:

I'm fairly certain Solowheel stopped using LiFePos in Xtreme & newer "Classic" and the current chemistry is NMC. Only the oldest models have LiFePo's? And AFAIK, they're not the A123 cells like here, but more "traditional" LiFePos that have much lower specific power.

Could be - there is just one side stating lifepos but 2 sides saying sony vc3. And one of these saying 160wh.

googling sony vc3 brought me to:

I assume thats all to say to solowheel regarding this topic - it seems not to be comparable. Sorry.

• 9 months later...
On 4/5/2016 at 6:09 PM, LorenW said:

I must say I am very excited about this wheel. I very much look forward to its release and availability in the United States.

Sadly, its release in the US or anywhere else seems very unlikely.

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Sadly, its release in the US or anywhere else seems very unlikely.

I think the Uniwheel was a good idea that just was not followed through fast enough and the big names like Gotway and Kingsong came out with game changers that made the uniwheel undesirable compared to the high powered wheels.

12 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think the Uniwheel was a good idea that just was not followed through fast enough and the big names like Gotway and Kingsong came out with game changers that made the uniwheel undesirable compared to the high powered wheels.

I don't think the targeted customers for the Uniwheel were the same as for the Gotway or Kingsong touring wheels. The Uniwheel would have been rather in direct competition to the InMotion V8, a comparatively light commuter wheel for short and medium range trips. Even now the Uniwheel would be the lightest 16" on the market and that probably won't even change any time soon.

Archived