EUC fashion...

Points for creativity but what exactly is that supposed to protect? He has every other protective gear needed, kneepads, wristguards and even a thicker jacket for abrasions. But the helmet? Nah, skip that one, not needed. The MMA mask obviously is enough at those speeds. Surely.

I know that he would probably have to sacrifice the hair in order to fit a helmet over it. It looks like that thing is pretty much the same as dreadlocks, which basically means that its one thick block which doesn't really move into any direction.

But I guess the question is that is your hair worth it to split your wig into the street? Guess you can look good in the casket? If you crash in a manner which doesnt splatter your head like a watermelon that is...

5 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

But the helmet? Nah, skip that one, not needed.

How often do you actually land on the tip of your head? Almost never, especially on the asphalt.
I think he is protected just fine.

As for the hairstyle itself - 10/10, never change it. :wub:

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

Well I think that MMA head mask is actually gonna be quite good at protecting his head from impact damage if he can only stop it sticking to the ground and ripping right off.

Likewise that front mask could work to protect his face if he could only keep it in place. I know we can't say never but I think a direct bonk to the top of the head in an EUC accident is quite unlikely, and hair of that magnitude and robustness will do something to protect his skull briefly unless it gets prolonged contact with the road.

• Like 1

I don't think that mma mask has back of head protection, and I bet it would immediately get dragged right off in any meat-crayon situation since there is nothing holding it on except the goggle band. If he likes the way it looks, sure, but I seriously doubt it has any protective benefits worth wearing that while riding beyond an initial impact. I just don't see how that will still in place beyond the split second of impact, which is better than nothing but can also give him a false sense of protection. 

On 4/24/2024 at 6:18 AM, atdlzpae said:

How often do you actually land on the tip of your head? Almost never, especially on the asphalt.
I think he is protected just fine.

As for the hairstyle itself - 10/10, never change it. :wub:

I uh... Don't really know what to say. What does that mask look like it is made out of? Do you think helmets are made as big as they are just for the hell of it?

No, that mask won't really do much no matter which way you fall. Hit your head and it barely softens the impact. Feel free to go out and give it a go if you feel doubtful. Needless to say it doesn't really offer any abrasion protection either. Go for a slight slide and your face is a meat crayon very quickly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

No, that mask won't really do much no matter which way you fall. Hit your head and it barely softens the impact. Feel free to go out and give it a go if you feel doubtful. Needless to say it doesn't really offer any abrasion protection either. Go for a slight slide and your face is a meat crayon very quickly

Yes, you're right, it really needs a rigid shield.

Also, I'd be worried it catches on something and "snaps" a neck.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

No, that mask won't really do much no matter which way you fall.

On the plus side it'll probably catch some teeth on their way out !

If I were him, and my priority was the hair, I'd still rather have that face mask than just the surrounding kick shield - if nothing else it will keep the bugs and rain out out of his face while riding, and nice to have something between your eyes and the road in the event of a crash...

Edited by Cerbera

Of course, we can't have this conversation without at least mentioning this man. It is unclear if he rides a wheel but I sort of hope he does..

image.png.cb4772642c75e5b8220edda05ae6e0c3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1