Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

1 hour ago, Suzuha said:

"I can't give basic numbers that would get us within 1% of the speed over reporting because I was trying to post a graph so instead I left everyone with no idea at all."

Not to mention EMA just explained how to connect an unsupported model to EUC world.

If you're reading this Jason, I would love take his early reviewer spot. I can give pull force test numbers, give accurate GPS top speeds at properly calibrated 20% safety margin, (25% with these hyper wheels due to the insane wind resistance) and give what I think is a much more nuanced account of the pros and cons of the wheel.

Ah so that's what this was about. Saltyness for the early review access...😔 It always is when people try to tell me how to do things in a condescending way. Good luck go ahead, try take the spot, it's a free market. 😉

For the GPS thing, I discovered all the answers, including EMA's and yours, at the same time. I was just trying to help. I also committed earlier to check again once I have access again to the wheel and euc world supports the wheel (it's with @Hsiang now). This is what I get, I'll stick to wheel speed if that's the result. Gps is really a radioactive topic. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

10 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Ah so that's what this was about. Saltyness for the early review access. It always is when people try to tell me how to do things in a condescending way. Good luck go ahead, try take the spot, it's a free market 😉. 

For the GPS thing, I discovered all the answers, including EMA's and yours, at the same time. I was just trying to help. I also committed earlier to check again once I have access again to the wheel and euc world supports the wheel (it's with @Hsiang now). This is what I get, I'll stick to wheel speed if that's the result. Gps is really a radioactive topic. 

You perceive GPS speed as a radioactive topic because you're simply wrong and everyone with integrity knows it. GPS speed is accurate, wheel speed is not. Simple as. Hsaing is complicit too. 70mph!!!! When he's doing 54.6 😂. I respect the reviewers that state the real facts and have a genuine interest in EUC and the truth. Wheelgoodtime and many others come to mind. Glad to hear you say you are trying, but getting butthurt about being called out for not seeking truth and then saying "if I keep getting called out I won't report the truth" is childish.

34 minutes ago, Suzuha said:

You perceive GPS speed as a radioactive topic because you're simply wrong and everyone with integrity knows it. GPS speed is accurate, wheel speed is not. Simple as. Hsaing is complicit too. 70mph!!!! When he's doing 54.6 😂. I respect the reviewers that state the real facts and have a genuine interest in EUC and the truth. Wheelgoodtime and many others come to mind. Glad to hear you say you are trying, but getting butthurt about being called out for not seeking truth and then saying "if I keep getting called out I won't report the truth" is childish.

No, it's your inability to give feedback without being condescending that caused the thing. You're not going to be able to obtain a lot of things in life if you give feedback this way. Not my problem though.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey Ronin

At 0:57 seconds of the review, did you have wobbles? i noticed the wobbles on the video. It seems the blitz isn't that stable, or did you notice it when you were riding? You can see in the video the backend tail part wobbles on the blitz, is it too top heavy or too tall?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, kintips said:

Hey Ronin

At 0:57 seconds of the review, did you have wobbles? i noticed the wobbles on the video. It seems the blitz isn't that stable, or did you notice it when you were riding? You can see in the video the backend tail part wobbles on the blitz, is it too top heavy or too tall?

It did appear to be a slight wobble coming on.
It came on as foot placement was changed.
Btw; I thought the video he did with Hsiang was excellent. 
Kudos!

30 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

It did appear to be a slight wobble coming on.
It came on as foot placement was changed.
Btw; I thought the video he did with Hsiang was excellent. 
Kudos!

I'm curious if its the blitz height causing that wobble, some people ride 14D with 1 leg (which is crazy) and have no wobbles. 

Which video was the one with hsiang i saw Ronin's Falcon review, at the end of that video in the Restaurant was that Hsiang (the one you're referring to)? Didn't recognize him if it was... he didn't have his helmet with the tiny chin guard on lol

7 minutes ago, kintips said:

I'm curious if its the blitz height causing that wobble, some people ride 14D with 1 leg (which is crazy) and have no wobbles. 

Which video was the one with hsiang i saw Ronin's Falcon review, at the end of that video in the Restaurant was that Hsiang (the one you're referring to)? Didn't recognize him if it was... he didn't have his helmet with the tiny chin guard on lol

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

You must be one hell of a speed demon to make Master and Lynx riders eat your dust.

Agree :efef8189d7::D

In Paris, seems no one ride at 50mph and never see a leaperkim on the road like U-Stride riding his EX30 ... maximum 30mph on bicycle lane with ridiculous power usage.

So my thinking about leaperkim wheels in Paris : should leaperkim riders buy a begode falcon for replacement ? :D

In Paris, walker hate wheels, so my question : why leaperkim wheels, designed for high speed, ride among the people ? Because leaperkim wheels are not suitable to ride on paris road ?!?

Ex.n can slalom very easily with easy power usage :wub:

Hope that blitz will do the same :)

7 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

Ex.n can slalom very easily with easy power usage :wub:

Hope that blitz will do the same :)

I doubt it.

Why would the Blitz have better power efficiency?

Actually, is the EX.n more nimble than the Patton?

Leaper Kim suspension wheels are really smooth riding wheels if the right spring is chosen.

You need to ride a Lynx if you want to find out why they are so appealing to many riders.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

... You need to ride a Lynx if you want to find out why they are so appealing to many riders.

true enuf... dont assume any thing till you have experienced it... otherwise its hearsay...

36 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

why leaperkim wheels, designed for high speed, ride among the people ? Because leaperkim wheels are not suitable to ride on paris road ?!?

Yeah Leaperkim seems to make the best products, but they are too hardcore in performance and appearance to be acceptable on my local multi-use paths...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Yeah Leaperkim seems to make the best products, but they are too hardcore in performance and appearance to be acceptable on my local multi-use paths...

I think the general public is usually not intimidated by the S18 in white? 

On 8/9/2024 at 8:45 AM, Suzuha said:

"I can't give basic numbers that would get us within 1% of the speed over reporting because I was trying to post a graph so instead I left everyone with no idea at all."

Not to mention EMA just explained how to connect an unsupported model to EUC world.

If you're reading this Jason, I would love take his early reviewer spot. I can give pull force test numbers, give accurate GPS top speeds at properly calibrated 20% safety margin, (25% with these hyper wheels due to the insane wind resistance) and give what I think is a much more nuanced account of the pros and cons of the wheel.

Well to be fair I wouldn't want to watch a review of a wheel from a cornfield in Ohio. And I really don't care how much my euc can pull. As long as it can carry me that's what its for. Are people trying to tow cars on their EUC or something?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I really don't care how much my euc can pull. As long as it can carry me that's what its for. Are people trying to tow cars on their EUC or something?

I wouldn't mind an EUC with swappable power packs and a trailer full of batteries & provisions...

Edited by MacGyverCanada

7 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Well to be fair I wouldn't want to watch a review of a wheel from a cornfield in Ohio. And I really don't care how much my euc can pull. As long as it can carry me that's what its for. Are people trying to tow cars on their EUC or something?

Uh no....people that know how to ride a wheel well can push the wheel to its limit. Funny you seem to have trouble imagining that

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2024 at 3:45 PM, Suzuha said:

The best way to achieve this is to post a review of one of your wheels in the video section. Call it an audition. Tag @Jason McNeil. If you are very entertaining, engaging and personable with amazing editing and production values like @Ronin Ryder's latest piece then there is no reason why you wouldn't get very high likes and upvotes and then maybe you could join the youtube team without needing to replace anyone. Good luck. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Gotta support Ronin 100% on this one. He is one of those riders who actually test the EUCs close to some of their limits. So that comment from Suzuha was just strange and unlogical.

I really hope testers from now on tho will be able to show us real speed if speed is something they do test at all (, or speed relation to PWM). And I am thankful Ronin is looking into this as well as telling us more about the FEELING of different EUCs. And for me that is the most important part. I do hope for a followup video on the Blitz when he have tested it more, and maybe comment from his fellow NY riders as well.

Now I also wait for someone to test the Blitz off-road capabilities, even if it is NOT an off-road EUC. I sure have some potential to be one. 
Reason Begode say it is not is what I believe two folded (three?)

1. The use of a high speed motor vs high torque 
  2. The use of light weight materials where more strength is needed for an off-road EUC.
  3. (future upcoming off-road version ?)

it's definitely an off-road EUC, travel and weight are key feature, it will challenge the capability of the Extreme (which i considered the king atm) 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Thanks for this message. It's really appreciated. I will come back with GPS % difference data once I get the wheel again. I will try to contact @Sebato see how he can support wheels early on. I have the same with the DB dev. 

No prob, Ronin! I greatly respect your willingness to experiment with GPS, and openness with your experiences. We count on people like you, and know that we'd rather see you stay safe than be a crash tester (that'd be a bizarro reviewer responsibility). Looking forward to exploring and discussing the GPS % difference.

Stay safe out in those NYC streets. I used to be on Long Island and those drivers gave me PTSD!

• Like 1