Fixing Kingsong Chinesium problem with superglue and baking soda (Kickstand selfdestructs.)

Finn Bjerke

This part here holds the kickstand
image.png.98d7a13a631eb0fe84352e72f2fabac6.png

IS made of chinesium and mine selfdestroyed.  Like this:

434402737_10161601066929539_263074479355

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/595319538/videos/pcb.7354353951329171/1167337104433940

I fixd it with superglue and baking soda, superstrong but Kingsong still make shitty products. More info about superglue and baking soda here

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

More info about superglue and baking soda here

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great idea ...... I can get the sparepart from a shop close to me instead of importing from China . So this upgrade is just a temp fix

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

Please stop discriminating/racist comments. 

Just out of interest, what would be considered the politically correct term for that then ? I've always considered that term descriptive rather than derogatory; I think it is meant descriptively here rather than in any sort of racist way.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

Please stop discriminating/racist comments. 

Is it really racist if referring to companies located in a particular country? Seems like no one cares when bashing "American" companies, products, or culture.

Having said that, I have often defended the EUC companies in China on this site and am grateful for the wheels they produce. We wouldn't have the numerous great wheels we have today, at the prices we pay, without them. I am certain that US manufacturers can't presently compete at this level of quality, innovation, and price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I've always considered that term descriptive rather than derogatory; I think it is meant descriptively here rather than in any sort of racist way.

What does Chinesium mean? Chinesium (slang, derogatory) low quality product made by China (from Google search). The fact that you mentioned a product that is associated with a race, you may be unintentionally making a racist comment. Race and ethnicity are not always easily separable. You may say you are using it descriptively, but at the same time, it's also targeting a group of people who may not even be involved in the manufacturing process. If you don't like KingSong products, then say you don't like KingSong products. You don't need to blanketly say the whole race makes bad products. That's the connotation of the term Chinesium. Guess who came up with that term? The world is using a lot of Chinese made products. Some are good, some may not be so. If you don't use Chinese products, that's your choice. But if you do, like most of us, don't be hypocritical. Americans surely can do a better job, sadly but they can't. That's really the fault of American businessman greed and government hypocrisy shortchanging the American people like you and I. Time has changed, some derogatory terms still may be used by people in UK. But Americans have learned not to use them because it doesn't make a better society or a better world to live in! I have no intention to lecture you on morality. It's just my understanding and reaction to the use of this term.
Edited by Scubadragonsan
  • Like 3

Meh the wheel is crap and it's parts also is crap.. You bought that crap - so you can't cry about breaking crap parts. :D 

You already could see that metal is so thin there, that they will break over time. (I guess it's metal. Any other material would be just stupid. Maybe very solid plastic of some kind.. Still i would not use plastic on a kickstand, as it will break very fast.) 

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I've always considered that term descriptive rather than derogatory; I think it is meant descriptively here rather than in any sort of racist way.

This is always how I kind of looked at it. I'm Chinese (see profile pic) and I see it this way although on some other forums, certain members disguise their own  "thoughts" behind the critique of Chinese made products. Either way I don't think @Finn Bjerke meant it in any negative way . Just my two cents.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Scubadragonsan said:

What does Chinesium mean? Chinesium (slang, derogatory) low quality product made by China (from Google search).

Interesting - that is not what I typically infer from reading that term.

To me 'chinesium' refers to a very specific kind of cheap and porous metal that once was (and frankly often still is!) typically found in products that emerge from Chinese Factories. For me it is simply a way of neatly encapsulating ALL the companies that use that kind of metal, which just so happens to be nearly ALL our EUC manufacturers !

You wouldn't be called racist (at least in the UK) for referring to (for example) 'French Onion soup', which is called that because that specific clarified sort of soup originated from France. It is not a judgement on the French as a people ! There are other types of (non-clarified) Onion soup, which is why some differentiation is necessary.

So I just don't really understand why that is particularly different from referring to a certain type of metal after the country that most widely proliferated it. Would it still be considered 'racist' if 'Chinesium' had become synonymous with being the best metal in the world ?

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Interesting - that is not what I typically infer from reading that term.

I think how the term Chinesium is perceived may come down to usage. French soup doesn't have any negative connotation. If someone had a bowl of nasty French soup and started to call it dirty French soup and this expression starts to be used by some indiscreet individuals/groups to put down French soup, that could lead to people perceive dirty French soup is not only about French soup, but also about French too. Remember our soon-to-be elected President Trump??? said about 
Chinese Virus! Do we know whether Americans, Indians, Vietnamese, Indonesians, British or anyone....can make better EUCs? Sometimes it's good to take a look at ourselves before coming up with this broad meaningless terms. Is US so corrupted and incompetent that we outsource so much of our work to China and keep blaming China for our shortcomings?

• Like 3

I appreciate @Chriull's work here to keep conversations on the up and up. To be accused of racism can be a serious thing, but I don't think the word c*ine***m comes any where close to racist, especially because it's referring to a product rather than a person. I regret using the term and offending members. I have nothing against Chinese people, especially the ones who work at King Song, my favorite company in the world.

There is no accusation or categorization of discriminating or racist "acts". Discriminations won't get better when they are funny, nice or unintended. And it seems to be "used" a little more often by some members.

It is not necessary to disparage an entire nation if the products of a few companies show individual quality defects.

• Like 1

We feel ripped off and cheated when we spend thousands of dollars, only to find that the components of our wheels don't hold up under the intended use. That's why we are depending on King Song to make quality products; it's like Apple products, there isn't any company that comes close to when it comes to actually getting work done on a computer, and as far as I can tell, the S22 pro is the best for jumps and just the thrill of getting off road on a mountain bike trail, so we need King Song to provide us with the products because no other company can.

Edited by woke rider
more
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Chinesium =  Racist ? 

What is the term "Snowflake" then? Poetic? I hope so. 

Get a dictionary. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.64f20309ee877d24929764155ff771f5.png

Got the sparepart ---- I dont trust it. To weak ... What are we paying for ? Ill never buy Kingsong again. I regrett buying this crap. Hoping my V14 will be better build. However s22 have good thangs too. Very versatile... My v11 and v13 never a problem, Kingsong s22 is bad construction. bad materials weak ass aluminium bolts. etc

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Superglue + baking soda can do a lot but it does not last long since the structure is to rigid and more often than not self destructs  

• Like 1

@Finn Bjerke you’ve already been warned and asked by a moderator not to use the term here. Nobody’s interested in getting Into a fight about terms. How about you just respect the moderator and don’t use it here? You can use the term cheapium instead. 

• Like 1