Post your complaints about Inmotion here

Funky

(Split from the "new i5" topic because this is about Inmotion)

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

A far more promising concept that that new Inmotion dual wheel abomination.

I thought it was AI joke post. Is that wheel being made for real? If yes - Inmotion as company is digging tier own grave slowly, but surly.  Doesn't help that all of their wheels have had problems since V12.. (Some may say what problems, etc.. Yeah sure, keep being a fanboy.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer

34 minutes ago, Funky said:

I thought it was AI joke post. Is that wheel being made for real? If yes - Inmotion as company is digging tier own grave slowly, but surly.  Doesn't help that all of their wheels have had problems since V12.. (Some may say what problems, etc.. Yeah sure, keep being a fanboy.)

Early V10s caught fire, V8s cutout due to control board failures...InMotion had issues long before the V12.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Inmotion as company is digging tier own grave slowly, but surly

Sad but true. One bad strategic and design decision after another, one engineering and quality control failure after another. In my eyes they went off the rails with the design of the V12, which I dislike just as much nowadays as on the day it was presented. Just that square four-diodes headlight alone is a terrible design choice.

Edited by mhpr262

I put this into its own topic. All you Inmotion haters (and legitimatecriticizers), this is the place for you;)

-

I can't make any excuses for technical issues they seem to have with each(?) new model. But I'm happy they do something like the E20, even if I think it's stupid and imho they should offer a modern version of the V5 instead (well, maybe that's also coming?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

At least everyone can agree 2 wheeled EUC is dumb idea.. :D I really thought it was a joke!

I also would love to see V8/V10 modern new wheel.

V8 weight is perfect for carrying around and it's dam light enough. We have gotten new batteries made last few years. Small battery size wheel with amazing power/speed is possible now! 

They can make V8 now that goes easily 40kmh speeds. Just add bigger tire width and little bit more copper in motor..

Edited by Funky

36 minutes ago, Funky said:

At least everyone can agree 2 wheeled EUC is dumb idea

For the sake of argument, having two independent wheels with adaptive/controlled individual forks & suspension & smart torque control could produce an interesting device. But an adequate implementation is impossible in the current state of EUC industry and within a reasonable price. 

Another point worth mentioning is that twin wheels (i.e. two wheels which are driven by a single axis and close one to another, which is what Inmotion seems to be doing) is not much different from just one very wide wheel. Remember the "bublik" ("bagel/donut") custom EUC made by a Russian, which you can find somewhere on this forum? It had a 7" wide tire, iirc. It should provide the same tradeoff of "easy to stand or slowly go forward but difficult to turn and dangerous at speed"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoos said:

Remember the "bublik" ("bagel/donut") custom EUC made by a Russian, which you can find somewhere on this forum? It had a 7" wide tire, iirc. It should provide the same tradeoff of "easy to stand or slowly go forward but difficult to turn and dangerous at speed"

At least one looks cool and other looks dumb.. :D 

In motion in the images of the E20 we see that only one wheel touches the ground to turn. You can also alternatively use a single wheel in a straight line. So Inmotion, on this weird thing: why put two if it's not useful for the wheeler? It's only on both when the EUC is stopped. :blink1: I'm joking here to cheer some people up.

Edited by varamontelo

Posted (edited)

Instead of making junk. They could have made a super duper last mileage wheel..

All manufacturers are doing the same thing. Making small clown wheels or very big monster euc.

Kingsong - Basketball. 

Begode - Mten4 Malnourished.

And now Inmotion - 2 Wheelie. 

How stupid they all can be. Instead of making idiotic products. They could have made something that people actually will use. :facepalm: (And want to buy..)

Edited by Funky

I think it’s easy to forget on this forum, which is mainly American, Canadian and European, that there is a big EUC market actually in China and other Far Eastern countries. The market for the big, powerful and expensive Beast Wheels is only really in the West.. Inmotion and Kingsong are by far the biggest makers and sellers of EUCs globally, but most of their volume sellers are the smaller lighter weight wheels for the Chinese and Far Eastern market. ..I expect this new version of the Twinkie wheel will be aimed primarily at those markets, not in the West. 

I feel a bit torn about the new IM bicycle (not an EUC technically 😂) I think the E20 is recycling an old, failed idea and repackaging it to make it modern-feeling. It's weak, it'll be outgrown in a heartbeat, and being an IM product, it'll likely be expensive. But on the other hand, I can see why they would make it. One of the biggest barriers to entry into the world of EUCs is the learning curve - and if it's as easy as they say to pick up and master in 3 minutes or less, then I can see the allure. I would love to have my wife and one of my kids take an interest in EUCs, but they think it's too dangerous and are afraid of falling on their faces. By making the learning process dramatically easier, it oculd open us up to a world of new EUC riders - at least in theory. Don't get me wrong, I think IM has made a lot of missteps and poor decisions as of late, but this one... the E20 just might pay off.

I found it rather odd that they are making it a kickstarter campaign though. Do they not have the funds necessary to fully launch it? I know they've done this sort of thing in the past for some of their other products, but it just seems weird. Maybe IM leadership doesn't have enough faith in the product launch themselves, so they created a kickstarter campaign to ensure that it has the highest chances of success - And if they don't receive enough funding through kickstarter then they can scrap the whole project without going into a giant financial black hole. Just conjecture, of course, but it makes sense in my head. 😊

Another thing that just came to mind is the fact that the V12 Pro and V13 pro haven't seen the light of day yet on any major vendor's site for sale - only a few obscure vendors around the world. Nobody seems to be selling it, which makes me go "hmm". While those products are actualy EUCs, this new one from IM is not. And I somehow don't foresee why any EUC vendors would be jumping up and down to stock it on their shelves, at least in 2024. It just doesn't seem like there would be much (or any) commercial demand for it.

I wonder if the E20 will only survive the conceptual stage, or if it'll be a legit hit to bring in brand new riders? Only time will tell.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
typos