My Commander GT Pro Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

The sluggish build quality and non water proofing goes solely to EB, but the motor failure is not to blame on EB alone. Even if they had done 1000 miles hard test riding they couldt not be sure of anything regarding durability of the motor. In fact there's probably still a lot of the original unpinned S20 motors riding along, unknowing the danger... Build Q is 2bad, but the rest? I don't understand why anybody expect good Q from any of the vendors in a V1 / Batch1 wheel. Hard competetion and little respect to quality goes hand in hand. And buying a brand new wheel seems the same as buying a brand new car with new inventions back in 1925..

Edited by Robse
wrongspell... ;-)
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:10 PM, daniel1234 said:

extreme bull "Gt lineup" is cursed :D I would drop "GT" from name of next model. 

Bad Mojo left over from Rockwheel GT? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As you say, we see the poor quality, the lack of serious control before selling to the public. The first idiots are the testers who risk their lives without looking at the manufacture of wheels, the precision of the elements, the waterproofness. The second idiots are the customers who buy the first copies without suspicion. The happiest in history are always the manufacturers. If you ask them the question: Customers equal man or woman who want to ride alive, or customers equal dollar pump idiots? They don't answer you. Money often erases human respect. Another model that will cause injuries. The trick would be to stay customers on a few more reliable brands and leave the most dangerous ones to save lives and budgets.

4 hours ago, Robse said:

The sluggish build quality and non water proofing goes solely to EB, but the motor failure is not to blame on EB alone. Even if they had done 1000 miles hard test riding they couldt not be sure of anything regarding durability of the motor. In fact there's probably still a lot of the original unpinned S20 motors riding along, unknowing the danger... Build Q is 2bad, but the rest? I don't understand why anybody expect good Q from any of the vendors in a V1 / Batch1 wheel. Hard competetion and little respect to quality goes hand in hand. And buying a brand new wheel seems the same as buying a brand new car with new inventions back in 1925..

The idea that nobody should buy a batch 1 wheel was beginning to disappear for the most part. Build quality overall has increased dramatically over the last few years, and even companies like Begode and LK have sent out parts to fix issues from early batches, even if they aren't safety related. That's given me a lot of confidence in buying batch 1.

However, for this particular wheel, it seems like we've just gone back a number of years to the old Gotway days of low build quality and hastily assembled wheels.

Thanks @Marty Backe for doing a teardown and giving us insight into this dud.

• Like 2

For me there are two categories of wheels: 1 - the reliable wheel that you buy to ride without fear because you choose the brand with the fewest problems in the first batch; 2 - the wheel that we know is uncertain with safety concerns, the one that the manufacturer sells in the hope that the first buyers will finish building at home. Each new wheeler may prefer their next day on their EUC, one wants to ride, the other wants to work for free instead of an unscrupulous seller.

22 minutes ago, Robse said:

And that's why I'm not a buyer of first batch wheels.

Totally reasonable buying response considering what we are still seeing coming out. Anyone would think this way, except for the risk takers or the more advanced enthusiasts with skills, patience, facility, and time.

Currently, we are still at the stage where the first batches are highly likely to have issues.

Knowing what I know now, I also don't buy from first batch, even though I lived close to Eeevees, and I am capable doing all my repairs.

For a new comer entering into this beautiful world of euc's, it can be quite a shocker.

For example, I am used to the reliability of Honda car and motorcycles. On top of that, in a short time after learning to ride an euc,  I learnt that euc's can cutout while riding on it.

If that is not enough, brand spanking new wheels can cutout due to poor QC, and other quality issues.

You would think nobody in their right mind would continue riding euc's once this is known, right.

But no...    It's too addictive.  People put up with it.... including myself.

So, after learning the hard way, I don't let myself buy first batch.

Now that I have more experience with buying and owning 4 euc's, I come to realize buying one year old models is even better than I could have thought.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, varamontelo said:

As you say, we see the poor quality, the lack of serious control before selling to the public. The first idiots are the testers who risk their lives without looking at the manufacture of wheels, the precision of the elements, the waterproofness. The second idiots are the customers who buy the first copies without suspicion. The happiest in history are always the manufacturers. If you ask them the question: Customers equal man or woman who want to ride alive, or customers equal dollar pump idiots? They don't answer you. Money often erases human respect. Another model that will cause injuries. The trick would be to stay customers on a few more reliable brands and leave the most dangerous ones to save lives and budgets.

I resemble this comment :blink1:

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I resemble this comment :blink1:

You do, but in your case it's not a negative, because you go in with your eyes wide open, a wealth of experience behind you, an exceptionally well-equipped workshop, and a close network of similarly qualified and eminently skilled friends to help you !  And it's damn helpful for the rest of us ! :clap3: Please keep being that guy !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3

I think that people are getting a bit overdramatic about Extreme Bull. Their wheels had excellent build quality and performance since the Commander pro,mini,50s...This GT Pro unit's quality sucks, that's a fact. It's always a risk to rush building a unit right before chinese new year. Staff just wants to go home, quality will potentially pay the price. The lack of waterproofing is not acceptable by today's standards. I'm convinced that this feedback will be escalated to Extreme bull. Discarding a brand for a faulty unit is a bit... Extreme 😉. 

Ps: Im always speechless and smh when i see batch 1 testers called idiots... 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

In my eyes, they are heroes.

But there is no denying there was a lot risk, since it was a wheel with a brand new 168 V controller, with an Extreme Bull reputation.

And there are always differences in point of views.

18 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I think that people are getting a bit overdramatic about Extreme Bull. Their wheels had excellent build quality and performance since the Commander pro,mini,50s..

Just curious, what was your basis?

It would helpful if you could back it up with a video.

Personally, I am seeing wheels such as the Lynx and ET Max leaving the GT Pro behind, based on videos posted so far.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Just like the top speed testers, they are the heroes we don't deserve but the heroes we need.

11 minutes ago, techyiam said:

In my eyes, they are heroes.

But there is no denying there was a lot risk, since it was a wheel with a brand new 168 V controller, with an Extreme Bull reputation.

And there is always differences in point of view.

Just curious, what was your basis?

It would helpful if you could back it up with a video.

Personally, I am seeing wheels such as the Lynx and ET Max leaving the GT Pro behind, based on videos posted so far.

This gt pro so far lacks, based on this unit. Im just replying about the Extreme Bull brand in general. But i wouldn't be surprised if they improve this wheel...or its next interation😉... oops! Nuff said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

You do, but in your case it's not a negative, because you go in with your eyes wide open, a wealth of experience behind you, an exceptionally well-equipped workshop, and a close network of similarly qualified and eminently skilled friends to help you !  And it's damn helpful for the rest of us ! :clap3: Please keep being that guy !

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Im always speechless and smh when i see batch 1 testers called idiots... 

I'm not, i am an idiot for buying batch 1/2 wheels. But I'm a risk taker and if it kills me then so be it. It was meant to be. At least i died doing something i love..:D

Some people unfortunately don't get that choice. It's also a hobby and not my transportation needs so i'm less effected than someone who relies on them. I am also confident in my "support" system ewheels. They have never let me down and always go above and beyond. Everyone has their limits though, you wouldn't catch me on a batch one "gooped" together Begode wheel.:roflmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does the spec of Commander GT Pro mention any kinds of features pertaining to waterproof or IP rating?

Otherwise, why do we expect that kinds of feature of waterproof and IP rating should exist and comment the wheel lacking this feature that they did not mention? 

Will you argue that a wheel lack of speaker if they did not even mention any spec of speaker?

IMG_0992.thumb.webp.1116283f532929b6556e148ef3ce4a40.webp

Edited by YCC

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Otherwise, why do we expect that kinds of feature of waterproof and IP rating should exist and comment the wheel lacking this feature that they did not mention? 

We might like one, but do not expect an IP rating in wheels that do not claim to be waterproof. However, every manufacturer knows the wheel will be used outside, and most make some effort to stop water getting into electronics anyway, as well they should. We are lamenting not particularly the fact that this one doesn't have an IP rating, but that so little effort has been made to step up their game. Their own sister company has come on in leaps and bounds in the last 2 years in the waterproofing department, and it is frankly staggering that EB are still kicking out new models with so little thought put into this crucial aspect of reliability.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Does the spec of Commander GT Pro mention any kinds of features pertaining to waterproof or IP rating?

Will you argue that a wheel lack of speaker if they did not even mention any spec of speaker?

IMG_0992.thumb.webp.1116283f532929b6556e148ef3ce4a40.webp

I'm comparing this wheel to the competition and expectations of the community. I'm not looking for A2 waterproofness, but some minimum level of protection when caught in a rain storm would be nice.

Even their earlier wheels have better weatherproofing. The Commander Mini was outstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Correct approach would be offer batch 1 wheels cheaper or with warranty, and make sure that user will understand that there will be issues and waiting for new parts.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm comparing this wheel to the competition and expectations of the community. I'm not looking for A2 waterproofness, but some minimum level of protection when caught in a rain storm would be nice.

Even their earlier wheels have better weatherproofing. The Commander Mini was outstanding.

Thanks for your clarification. It makes more sense to me. Commander GT pro lacks the feature of waterproof that other wheel have had.

25 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Correct approach would be offer batch 1 wheels cheaper or with warranty, and make sure that user will understand that there will be issues and waiting for new parts.

First batch user should receive 2 wheels for the price of 1 wheel.  And then a free return label, just like when you buy shoes online.  And then when the user has spent 1 or 2  month identifying problems and errors, as well as correcting and repairing the new wheel, where spare parts can be taken from delivered wheel number 2 - then what is left can be returned to the manufacturer for further investigation and learning.:cheers:

On 3/6/2024 at 9:17 PM, Cerbera said:

You really would think that in a demo wheel selected to go out to one of the most popular and widely viewed riders in the world, they would at least ride it themselves for 10 minutes before sending it out... that's all it took to show its fault; it really is shooting themselves in the foot to send such a perfunctorily QC'd machine out for review. 

Well, if I ever was considering buying an Extreme Bull, I am certainly not now, for at least another 3 years. And having seen the level of build quality and what seems to me like frankly negligent levels of sloppiness and non-waterproofing (or bodged gooped waterproofing) going on inside it I would think it necessary to teardown and fully inspect every machine that emerges from their factories before it can even be considered safe to put a foot on !

Well done Marty and Roger, for putting up with and maintaining their calm rationality in the face of such (forgive me) Extreme Bullshit !

To be fair there are always issues with first batch wheels. I am getting a ebcp but may wait for batch 2 or 3 of the GT pro

Edited by onewheelkoregro

6 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Best opinion I've read so far