My Commander GT Pro Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

42 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

To be fair there are always issues with first batch wheels. I am getting a ebcp but may wait for batch 2 or 3 of the GT pro

Spec's wise, Extreme Bull wheels generally look appealing. So does the hydraulic suspension to me.

Build quality wise, gotta wait to see how it will unfold over the next batches.

Best of luck. :) 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Spec's wise, Extreme Bull wheels generally look appealing. So does the hydraulic suspension to me.

Build quality wise, gotta wait to see how it will unfold over the next batches.

Best of luck. :) 

The Commander Pro batch 1 was released with a cluster you-know-what build quality. The batches afterwards were much more polished in comparison. Hopefully they can do the same for this wheel but I would be embarrassed if this was my final product that I released as a finished model ready for purchase.

10 minutes ago, Gkindy said:

The Commander Pro batch 1 was released with a cluster you-know-what build quality. The batches afterwards were much more polished in comparison. Hopefully they can do the same for this wheel but I would be embarrassed if this was my final product that I released as a finished model ready for purchase.

Are you an owner of a Commander Pro?

Didn't Marty said that the 2nd batch wasn't all that improved. Marty still refers Extreme Bull wiring as spaghetti wiring.

Have you open up a Commander Pro yourself?

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Are you an owner of a Commander Pro?

Didn't Marty said that the 2nd batch wasn't all that improved. Marty still refers Extreme Bull wiring as spaghetti wiring.

Have you open up a Commander Pro yourself?

I own whatever batch came out with the red CNC handles. I’ve opened it up a couple of times now to do a tire swap and to look at the internals. Looked fine to me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gkindy said:

I own whatever batch came out with the red CNC handles. I’ve opened it up a couple of times now to do a tire swap and to look at the internals. Looked fine to me. 

Thank you for sharing you experience. Good to know.

Hmm.  The plot thickens. That's good news.

11 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Thank you for sharing you experience. Good to know.

Hmm.  The plot thickens. That's good news.

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t look like the inside of the ET max but it is considered an older wheel at this point. Really disappointed to see that this GT Pro batch 1 looks similar to the Commander Pro batch 1’s internals. Figured they would be continuing to improve.

1 hour ago, Gkindy said:

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t look like the inside of the ET max but it is considered an older wheel at this point. Really disappointed to see that this GT Pro batch 1 looks similar to the Commander Pro batch 1’s internals. Figured they would be continuing to improve.

1 year old isn't very old 🙂

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

1 year old isn't very old 🙂

It feels old when you have a child, haha. Just in the context of how many wheels have come out or are coming out it seems old.

• Like 1

So, in the end, spaghetti wiring was the culprit?

Phase cables weren't properly routed, so that they got into each others way, and as a result the connectors could not be properly seated with sufficiently good electrical contact?

Hmm. Luck of the draw in whether somebody would see face-planting or not.  And what is the top speed of this wheel, again?

@Ronin Ryder, or anybody else with a GT Pro, if I were you, I would give it a once-over the wiring and electrical connections..

@Marty Backe , did your hall effect sensor probing give you a misleading test result? What happened there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@Ronin Ryder, or anybody else with a GT Pro, if I were you, I would give it a once-over the wiring and electrical connections..

I can't believe people have the guts to ride anything from Gotway without opening it first, I never certainly have and never will. 

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

So, in the end, spaghetti wiring was the culprit?

Phase cables weren't properly routed, so that they got into each others way, and as a result the connectors could not be properly seated with sufficiently good electrical contact?

Hmm. Luck of the draw in whether somebody would see face-planting or not.  And what is the top speed of this wheel, again?

@Marty Backe , did your hall effect sensor probing give you a misleading test result? What happened there?

Obviously my Hall Sensor test wasn't very good. Some day I need to do it on a fully functioning wheel so I have a reference. Ronin will be getting the GT Pro that I have when we are done with it. So he shouldn't have to open it but he's free to do so :)

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm shocked.  One of the, in my eyes, most honest and well-considered testers on the "EUC stage"
is now put on ice by the manufacturer because he tells the truth about what he sees and experiences.
Yes, it's a test wheel.. How about delivering a test wheel that is at least safe to ride?
or does anyone think "lets give a pre production wheel to some of the best knows youtubers, aka influencers,
maybe they crash and breaks their neck. Fun fun...
Shame on you Begode/EB, shame.  You have just proven that you have not grasped one bit of the concept
"in the end, the customer is king"

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear Begode is going to begrudge you of testing their wheels...see what i did there..:D They should take a page out of failing Inmotions book and bolt the phase wires to the controller so there is no chance of them vibrating out at 50 mph. I don't know how anyone could ride one of these knowing the phase wires are just pushed into the connection with no locking mechanism whatsoever. Good luck and hope everyone remains safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I don't know how anyone could ride one of these knowing the phase wires are just pushed into the connection with no locking mechanism whatsoever. Good luck and hope everyone remains safe.

Begode have used that plug for phase wires since forever. It really doesn't come undone easily in normal use (if not pulled / strained) from above. If it did, it's in so many models we'd hear it about it failing constantly if that was a common thing. But yes, Begode / EB should probably revisit that sooner rather than later.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

It really doesn't come undone easily in normal use (if not pulled / strained) from above.

On my T3, it is super tight. One would need to use pliers to pull them out.

However, it the connector is slightly off spec's, one would not know the wiser.

I prefer the mechanical fastener style, especially for 60+ mph wheels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@Marty Backe

Based on your first impressions, is the GT Pro easier to accelerate than the Lynx? How about braking?

I just got the wheel back from Roger. My first big ride is Thursday. But the wheel weighs >20-lbs more than the Lynx. You can probably answer your own questions :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robse said:

did you cut out the scene from where you ride over the edge, or was it just too dark so one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the cape and the night? :cheers:

Upcoming video :D