My Commander GT Pro Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Thank you EWheels (@Jason McNeil) for access to this newest powerhouse of a wheel. Will be great to directly compare it to the ET Max which I also have. I'm expecting the suspension to feel much different (better than the ET?).

What will Dawn and Roger think of it as they race up Mt Baldy on the mountain curvies :)

Stay tuned.

20240303_112010

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What will Dawn and Roger think of it as they race up Mt Baldy on the mountain curvies :)

Well, Roger has already bought two ET Max's.

And Dawn has bought an ET Max.

So they are already invested in the ET Max.

My guess is that Dawn on an EX30 will pass Roger on the ET Max, and on the GT Pro up the mountain. :) 

Someone need to bring a Commander Pro 50S into the mix.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

Oh no!

Another trial and tribulation delay.

Don't the manufacturers understand the concept of PDI.

If not, they should have send the demo wheel to a distributor / dealer first to get it PDI'ed prior to passing it on to Youtube influencers.

Luckily Roger has it all on video to protect himself from being accused of breaking the wheel.

At least it didn't burst into a fireball like what happened in NYC with the S20, courtesy of U-Stride.

Edited by techyiam

3 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

extreme bull "Gt lineup" is cursed :D I would drop "GT" from name of next model. 

It does seem like that, doesn't it.

The distributors / dealers gave basically no love to the Commander GT.

Extreme Bull is not doing themselves any flavor by not checking over a demo wheel prior to shipping, when it a wheel as important as this.

38 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Extreme Bull is not doing themselves any flavor by not checking over a demo wheel prior to shipping, when it a wheel as important as this.

I think extreme bull has even less employees than begode, so it is hard to expect any QA.  But being CEO, I would personally check at least that single one demo wheel, that what I would ship to most watched reviewer in US :D. And probably add some spares to box if needed. Probably even some gummy bears for test pilot, risking his live pushing top speed... lol.

I hope they will ship spares soon so we can see in Marty channel what it can do. 

Edited by daniel1234
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

I think extreme bull has even less employees than begode, so it is hard to expect any QA.  But being CEO, I would personally check at least that single one demo wheel, that what I would ship to most watched reviewer in US :D. And probably add some spares to box if needed. Probably even some gummy bears for test pilot, risking his live pushing top speed... lol.

I hope they will ship spares soon so we can see in Marty channel what it can do. 

It is a shame. Here we have somebody willing to give it a top speed run and the motor fails just rolling for a short distance.

this makes the testers nervous, and well as potential buyers.

Edited by techyiam

Wait until you "see" what most likely is the cause of the failure :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wait until you "see" what most likely is the cause of the failure :)

How about a quick little fun guessing contest; What's wrong with the wheel?:)

I think it could be a cable from the controller at the top that the manufacturer forgot to mount correctly with strips, and then it has gone into clinch with the tire, has been torn half way, hence the forward dip and now it rattles against or is wrapped against the tire...

Anybody better suggestions?

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Anybody better suggestions?

According to Roger's initial assessment and what we saw in the video, the symptoms sounded serious.

But, if it turned out to be minor, then, it could be electrically related, like cabling, electrical contact, and etc (hall sensor related, phase wire connections?).

I had a similar issue on my EXN. Ended up being that the phases wires weren't zip tied properly and rubbed some insulation off. Also when disassembled one of the hall sensors had failed. Just poor QC from the motor manufacturer. 

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

Oh no!

Another trial and tribulation delay.

Don't the manufacturers understand the concept of PDI.

If not, they should have send the demo wheel to a distributor / dealer first to get it PDI'ed prior to passing it on to Youtube influencers.

Is it possible the wheel was fine when it left the factory. However, instead of being put in a container with a whole bunch of other wheels it was individually sent airfreight and treated with the usual respect given to parcels? 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Is it possible the wheel was fine when it left the factory. However, instead of being put in a container with a whole bunch of other wheels it was individually sent airfreight and treated with the usual respect given to parcels? 

Well, Marty didn't mention anything about freight damage during unboxing.

Additionally, Marty hinted that he now may know what the failure is.

But he hasn't given details. So we don't know yet, whether the issue is freight-damaged related or not.

It sounded like Marty will share his findings soon.

• Like 2

Thank you for your style: Cool calm collected, very good 🙂. and a little bit surprising: even less waterproof than my RS.. in 2024, and goop a lot 🫣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, very surprised about the build quality of this wheel and the waterproofing or lack there of is a joke. The circuit boards look like an old Atari game console. Didn't our friend @WheelGoodTime say "Thank goodness for (harsh but necessary) community backlash to finally convince them to improve. :) " in reference to Begode? If breaking out a tube of "goop" AKA black RTV silicone for every connection,screw and hole is an improvement, i would hate to see what they did in the past.

• Like 3

These videos are very valuable. I've lost so much confidence and trust with EUCs over the last month, I sincerely don't think I'll recover (hate to sound dramatic, but being honest).

For such an expensive and new EUC, these mistakes are inexcusable. Thanks for this video. They are worth so much to safety, the community, and to keep the companies responsible!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

So the culprit is that proper clean hall sensor signals are not getting to the control board.

Which could suggest that the hall sensor unit inside the motor could be faulty and thus a new motor is being sent over.

This reminds me of what happened to batch 1 Abrams. Except Veteran wanted to fix it with firmware.

Poor QC rears its ugly head again. This type of cost cutting isn't appealing.

No wonder Eevees didn't want to carry Extreme Bull euc line up anymore.

Note that the motors Extreme Bull uses come from the same source as Begode's (and maybe others). In this particular case, besides the Extreme Bull QC issues that I highlight, the failure is in a component (the motor) that is not manufactured by Extreme Bull.

I'm not apologizing for Extreme Bull but this particular failure could be argued as being not their fault.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not apologizing for Extreme Bull but this particular failure could be argued as being not their fault.

It does sound like that you are.

The motors that are received by Extreme Bull to put into its production line from a supplier are Extreme Bull responsiblility, as far as its customers are concerned.

The details are between the vendor and Extreme Bull. In mass production, there is a whole standard of QC for such process.

The same supplier can manufacture motors for more than one euc manufacturer. The QC could be different for each manufacturer, depending on how it was set up.

The blame lies squarely on Extreme Bull. They have to work closely with whoever supplied the motors.

Look at what happened to Kingsong. For their S22/Pro, they changed make of the motors a few times, until they got it right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It does sound like that you are.

The motors that are received by Extreme Bull to put into its production line from a supplier are Extreme Bull responsiblility, as far as its customers are concerned.

The details are between the vendor and Extreme Bull. In mass production, there is a whole standard of QC for such process.

The same supplier can manufacture motors for more than one euc manufacturer. The QC could be different for each manufacturer, depending on how it was set up.

The blame lies squarely on Extreme Bull. They have to work closely with whoever supplied the motors.

Look at what happened to Kingsong. For their S22/Pro, they changed make of the motors a few times, until they got it right.

I think you're splitting hairs with that argument, but sure, I'm an apologist for Extreme Bull. Guilty :)

• Like 1