2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

@Ronin Ryder Thank-you for capturing the opinions of different NYC riders.
I hope Begode integrates their feedback into the next generation Falcon:

• move the power and lift buttons to a more easily accessible location
  • improve top speed by 5mph
  • reduce weight
  • Upvote 3

So the Falcon is only 1000 watts, ewheels only published the 2800 watts peak. The freespin is basically the same as a King Song 14D. And the Falcon is Ugly and it's way overpriced.

If Begode would implement modern battery technology to reduce weight and show their commitment to fire safety then that would be leading the industry for version 2 of the Falcon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, litewave said:

The Falcon has a lot of promise, but I'm waiting for the v2. Hopefully Begode will continue to listen to feedback and improve it quickly. I really want to buy this for the suspension, but otherwise the Falcon offers no real improvements over the MCM5v2.

These are the must-have improvements I think we can all agree on:

1. Better performance - top speed of 50-55 kph at a minimum. The current version is the same as the MCM5v2 which is now four (five?) years old.

2. Bigger battery - 1200-1500w would improve range. Yes, I know what the costs are, but many can be offset.

3. Beefier and taller trolley handle.

4. Reduce weight. @houseofjob made suggestions how to improve.

5. Better street tire. It's doubtful we will have any good aftermarket solutions like the Michelin City Grip II or Pirelli Angel.

6. Relocate buttons and charge port to the top cover.

1200-1500Wh for lighter weight - sign my on. If it's lighter - i'm all in. :D If it's heavier - i'm not for it.

You forgot about centered handle - if they are remaking trolley handle being beefier - they can add simple bar in middle for centered carry handle.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, litewave said:

The Falcon has a lot of promise, but I'm waiting for the v2. Hopefully Begode will continue to listen to feedback and improve it quickly. I really want to buy this for the suspension, but otherwise the Falcon offers no real improvements over the MCM5v2.

These are the must-have improvements I think we can all agree on:

1. Better performance - top speed of 50-55 kph at a minimum. The current version is the same as the MCM5v2 which is now four (five?) years old.

2. Bigger battery - 1200-1500w would improve range. Yes, I know what the costs are, but many can be offset.

3. Beefier and taller trolley handle.

4. Reduce weight. @houseofjob made suggestions how to improve.

5. Better street tire. It's doubtful we will have any good aftermarket solutions like the Michelin City Grip II or Pirelli Angel.

6. Relocate buttons and charge port to the top cover.

I have the mcm5 v2 and a falcon, and a patton.   The acceleration and power is way safer and stronger than the mcm5 and faster acceleration than the Patton.  Ive cutout emergency braking on the mcm5 or going up a 2 inch curb.  Falcon has amazing torque and feels far safer to push.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wgm said:

I have the mcm5 v2 and a falcon, and a patton.   The acceleration and power is way safer and stronger than the mcm5 and faster acceleration than the Patton.  Ive cutout emergency braking on the mcm5 or going up a 2 inch curb.  Falcon has amazing torque and feels far safer to push.

There have been many who have said otherwise that the Falcon seems to have the same top end and maybe a bit more acceleration than the MCM, but I hope you're correct. 

Still, I'm going to wait, even though I really want it.

Edited by litewave

4 minutes ago, litewave said:

There have been many who have said otherwise that the Falcon seems more to have the same top end and may be a bit more acceleration than the MCM, but I hope you're correct. 

Still, I'm going to wait, even though I really want it.

I can see that but at my weight of 205lbs it feels like I'm playing with fire on the mcm5 sometimes vs the falcon feeling more like a faster accelerating Patton with reliable power.   I do not like the street tire like others are saying tho.  Waiting for a tire change video to drop so I don't screw something up.  I'm sure it's great on perfectly smooth roads but those don't exist in Philly.

Edited by Wgm
  • Like 1

I also would like bit more top speed (even if i would rarely, if ever use it..)

I would love if buttons/charge port would be at top (at least buttons..)

Centered carry handle maybe?

BUT how likely is that V2 (or what ever) Falcon will have those changes? A2 didn't get any changes at all over these years. (It only got new board/battery cells..) Falcon getting changes - it sounds like pipe dream to me.

By the way - have any wheel gotten that dramatic changes over years? I think not.. So this is a pipe dream. You're better off waiting 2-3 years and hopping there will better release in future. :(

Edited by Funky

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Hey Ronin so does the street tire ride like a MTEN4 (saw you had one in the video)? it didn't seem people had trouble riding it, just that they don't like it. You didn't seem to have any problem with the tire either.

13 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Couldn’t be any easier. No tube, no glue, no sealant, just take the old one off and put on the new one and shoot air to it!

Thank you! I just bought a knobby tire just in case lol 

2 hours ago, kintips said:

Hey Ronin so does the street tire ride like a MTEN4 (saw you had one in the video)? it didn't seem people had trouble riding it, just that they don't like it. You didn't seem to have any problem with the tire either.

I didn't have any issues but it seems like the knobby version is more comfortable. That's the version @Ben Kim(Lazyrider in the video) bought. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

@Ronin Ryder Thank-you for capturing the opinions of different NYC riders.
I hope Begode integrates their feedback into the next generation Falcon:

• move the power and lift buttons to a more easily accessible location
  • improve top speed by 5mph
  • reduce weight

Sure. Almost 30 years of riding experience with the 5 guys combined. Their input was interesting, imo of course. 

• Upvote 1

I dont to know why people insist these smaller wheels to go faster. When I cruise around on mine I’m only going 35kmph. It’s built this way for a reason, they are not performance wheels, and were not promised to be so. If I want to go fast, I have two Leaperkims for that. 

Well, got it out on some trails today with the knobby….. 3 total hours worth. I had to cut my riding short because of a blown shock & one of the motor phase wires disconnected from main board…. Ugh. No jumping was involved! Just rooted trails that are bumpy.

All the wetness on the shock photo is Oil…. And FYI, it was still running with the phase wire like this but making horrible grunting/grinding noises like the knobby was rubbing something…. However it was not & the sound was coming from within the motor. Slow hand rolling revealed shuttering which was a dead give away to pull the cover and have a looksie.

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

Edited by Standard4130
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

On 7/22/2024 at 4:43 AM, t0me said:

I've been using the smaller - water or beer bottle sized :-) - pouches for a while too.
The handles and stand make excellent tie down points for all sorts of things.

The weight on the wheel makes far less difference to handling (that I've felt) than the weight on my back when on trails/jumps.    
image.thumb.jpeg.0055362fdb03912afdadffdbf439cf8c.jpeg

Great equipment! Can you specify where did you buy these bags? maybe some store links? Does a charger will fit the back bag?

• Like 1

My opinion, this is not a trail wheel at all, simply a smooth riding street wheel. I’m not at all surprised that happened. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Standard4130 said:

Well, got it out on some trails today with the knobby….. 3 total hours worth. I had to cut my riding short because of a blown shock & one of the motor phase wires disconnected from main board…. Ugh. No jumping was involved! Just rooted trails that are bumpy.

That's frustrating, and it just makes me more cautious. My king song  14D has been literally punished, and it's not a trail wheel either. I never had any problem like that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

My opinion, this is not a trail wheel at all, simply a smooth riding street wheel. I’m not at all surprised that happened. 

My opinion is that this could have very well happened on cobblestone streets, or simply from a multitude of curb drops…. Never got the wheel above 10mph on fairly lazy rolling trails…. No root larger than 3 inches tall. I recorded today’s adventures and screen grabbed 2 photo's of my brother riding the wheel, it’s only his 3rd day being able to ride a wheel & he rode it the entire outing. This is about the worse extent of the terrain I’m talking about.

IMG_5369.jpeg

IMG_5370.jpeg

Edited by Standard4130
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wgm said:

I can see that but at my weight of 205lbs it feels like I'm playing with fire on the mcm5 sometimes vs the falcon feeling more like a faster accelerating Patton with reliable power.   I do not like the street tire like others are saying tho.  Waiting for a tire change video to drop so I don't screw something up.  I'm sure it's great on perfectly smooth roads but those don't exist in Philly.

Same weight as I geared up & If you need help on swapping the tire I can help guide you. 👍🏼

5 hours ago, Skampster said:

I dont to know why people insist these smaller wheels to go faster. When I cruise around on mine I’m only going 35kmph. It’s built this way for a reason, they are not performance wheels, and were not promised to be so. If I want to go fast, I have two Leaperkims for that. 

Because they want something lightweight that goes fast. They don't want a "bear", to reuse @houseofjob's expression. His explanation was crystal clear in the video...He wants 35mph,which is far from Performance, and his tesla 2 can already do it,while keeping a tolerable weight for him. Therefore these LK wheels don't qualify for his use case, they are too big. It's just a rider's preference applied to a use case. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Upvote 1