168v Begode Super Master Pro?

I need Begode to hurry up and get this thing out there into the light so I can figure out if I actually want it! If they don't hurry I'm going to have to buckle down and mod the heck out of my EX30 to turn it into an ultra long-range cruiser... There are tons of rides I've wanted to do for years out in the middle of nowhere (no chance to charge) that this kind of wheel would actually enable me to do!

Edited by Arbolest
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I need Begode to hurry up and get this thing out there into the light so I can figure out if I actually want it! If they don't hurry I'm going to have to buckle down and mod the heck out of my EX30 to turn it into an ultra long-range cruiser... There are tons of rides I've wanted to do for years out in the middle of nowhere (no chance to charge) that this kind of wheel would actually enable me to do!

There are 10 days of national holiday at present in China. Therefore, we have to wait until the end of February to get latest news, however, I am sure this new wheel will be released this year.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:31 PM, Arbolest said:

If it is in the middle of nowhere you could drive there with a car first and pre-position/hide a gas generator

On 2/5/2024 at 11:31 AM, Arbolest said:

I'm coming up with ways of charging/discharging using MPPT solar charge controllers, you may be interested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg X said:

Sounds like they are making my dream EUC, but of course instead of making it perfect they have to use an inferior cell...

I don't understand that decision since this wheel will be the most expensive, with the highest sustainable performance... The people willing to buy something this expensive would prefer to pay extra for better cells.
For now I'm intrigued and will wait around to see what they come up with before settling on a 168V wheel.

1 hour ago, xiiijojjo said:

Sounds like they are making my dream EUC, but of course instead of making it perfect they have to use an inferior cell...

I don't understand that decision since this wheel will be the most expensive, with the highest sustainable performance... The people willing to buy something this expensive would prefer to pay extra for better cells.
For now I'm intrigued and will wait around to see what they come up with before settling on a 168V wheel.

If it’s 6000Wh I suppose 50E cells should deliver enough power for the intended use.

2 hours ago, null said:

If it’s 6000Wh I suppose 50E cells should deliver enough power for the intended use.

Is there such a thing as too much overhead, when it comes to safety?

I'd want to use this EUC to haul a lot of equipment, so for me every bit of power towards safety would be well worth the money... But I suppose you are correct when it comes to how most people would use this EUC.

The main limit on 50e is the regen (and in turn recharging), I've overpowered several times unexpectedly while braking. You dont have the same headroom while braking as you do accelerating imo. Having a 6kwh pack will negate a lot of 50e s downsides but why compromise when 50s can be used.

That being said a aftermarket molicel p50b 6kwh pack would be a game changer as it could safely charge at 3 phase ac ev chargers at max load (usually maxing out at 22kw where I live, but pack can take 30kw). Would need a custom charger etc but that would be a incentive to move up to the minimum voltage ev DC fast chargers use......