2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

7 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

FFS.  The arms race continues...

Yup. Another pointless release in over-saturated market. :) At least hobbyist have so many choices of great and amazing wheels to choose from. :) 

Where guy like myself have no options at all. :D

While IM's product nomenclature is still all over the place, my biggest wish would be the P6 actually being a 6.5" rim = an mten4 alternative. V11Y/V12PRO Raptor controller and the tire straight off the RS scooter. Slap an IP rating on it and that would be my most sought after package this year.

On 6/22/2024 at 4:25 PM, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

According to the admin comments on the Inmotion Facebook Group, the V18 gonna compete with Leaperkim Lynx, Begode ET Max, and Kingsong F22.  However, Leaperkim is also working on a new wheel that will be considerably more powerful than Lynx. 

Okej so when is the power enought for an EUC?

I guess some take these to tracks or closed areas to race them, but how big is the market for that?

Bringing more power (and especially if it translate into speed) are you so keen on this to risk these to get banned?

As I understand it EUC is not allowed on US highways, so where will you ride a more powerful EUC? Is there any point or would we as community of riders be better of to ask of other things than more power?

As an example I made it very clear to Inmotion why I bought my V14, due to much batter battery monitoring and info of what is going on, and a easier service compared to my V11. The power had nothing to do with this. In fact I speed locked it to ť0kmh top speed with alarms sounding at 45kmh.

More power is not what makes me buy a new EUC anymore. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Okej so when is the power enought for an EUC?

I guess some take these to tracks or closed areas to race them, but how big is the market for that?

Bringing more power (and especially if it translate into speed) are you so keen on this to risk these to get banned?

As I understand it EUC is not allowed on US highways, so where will you ride a more powerful EUC? Is there any point or would we as community of riders be better of to ask of other things than more power?

As an example I made it very clear to Inmotion why I bought my V14, due to much batter battery monitoring and info of what is going on, and a easier service compared to my V11. The power had nothing to do with this. In fact I speed locked it to ť0kmh top speed with alarms sounding at 45kmh.

More power is not what makes me buy a new EUC anymore. 

You realize that this is just your personal opinion. Some people like myself enjoy pushing the limits. Different strokes for different folks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

If the posted videos and claims online by many riders are to believed, they are riding faster and faster on the roads and streets in the US, especially in NYC, and SoCal.

However, the bottom line is: can these performance wheels sell?

And the resounding answer is YES.

Just look at how well the Lynx is selling. And it is pricey to boot.

Pretty sure other manufacturers are going to place their crosshair on the Lynx.

I personally don't need more power for my use-case.

But I would like improved ease of access to torque for acceleration and braking, since I am not a big nor heavy person.

This important factor is one of the factors that makes the V12 so great for me. I don't lean into the front nor rear pads. I use for light support only. The V12 can be configured to be such a responsive, and effortless wheel to ride.

Recently, Kingsong released firmware V2.37 for their S22/Pro. This and other things I did to my S22 has transform it into a responsive, effortless, easy-to-ride city runabout. Cruising between 40 km/h and 50+ km/h has become so effortless and stable.

I almost never ride beside cars and trucks (except in bike lanes adjacent to main roads). I ride mostly on bike routes with very little traffic. For sections of the route where the roads are open and empty, I may speed up. Therefore, even the power of the S22 is fine. However, I do worry about headroom at lower battery levels. And so, I would probably look for high discharge cells, and a bit more headroom in my future wheels. Oh yeah, and the suspension got to be as good or better than a very well tuned S22 suspension.

Edited by techyiam

22 hours ago, Funky said:

All these "new" wheels are 18" wheels.... Marketing just makes them 20". Rim still is 14".

I won't lie - it made me laugh when i read the comment wanting another 18" wheel. :D When all of these wheels mostly are 18".

You would want a 16" then, with 12" rim. And marketing making them 18". :D Or did you mean 18" by marketing standards? Then it would be smaller. :D 

Eh my point still stands, having a high performance/high speed wheel from Inmotion that competes with the Lynx and F22 will be nice :)

Edited by Frolic0415
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

Eh my point still stands, having a high performance/high speed wheel from Inmotion that competes with the Lynx and F22 will be nice :)

V14 slower.. V13 is somewhat already there, just very heavy. (Meh to me all of those wheels are the same - big heavy power houses. :D I want small/light last mileage wheel, which aren't been made anymore.. Haven't seen a single wheel made in that category in last 4 years.) At least hobbyist have so many choices nowadays..

10 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

You realize that this is just your personal opinion. Some people like myself enjoy pushing the limits. Different strokes for different folks

I understand but where can you ride at these top speeds?

I understand but where can you ride at these top speeds?

Just because the wheel can go fast doesn't mean you ride fast all the time, one can ride fast in select few moments when the conditions are right, for example, there are many empty stretches or straight roads / bike paths around Stockholm where you can push very high speeds if it's your sort of thing.

Not to mention higher top speed = higher safety margin at lower speeds.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

I almost never ride beside cars and trucks (except in bike lanes adjacent to main roads). I ride mostly on bike routes with very little traffic. For sections of the route where the roads are open and empty, I may speed up. Therefore, even the power of the S22 is fine. However, I do worry about headroom at lower battery levels. And so, I would probably look for high discharge cells, and a bit more headroom in my future wheels. Oh yeah, and the suspension got to be as good or better than a very well tuned S22 suspension.

I quote you here to spin this a little, not saying you push the limits or you don't.

Just a thought to those that like to "push limits". If you do this on traffic do truck and cars keep the distance need to avoid you incase you have a puncture or a fault of the mechanic or electronics?

If we can ride at highway speed do not mean the EUC is suited for this.

So if you have this mentality dies this mean you drive a car or MC in the same way?

Right now we often operate in a grey zone under the radar of the police. But riding highway speed will bring you on the radar. So how long does that fun last and how do that impact other riders?

My personal opinion is the market can be closed very fast if people keep asking for speed or power that put us in the public eye in a bad way.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Not to mention higher top speed = higher safety margin at lower speeds.

The safety margin can be added without raising the top speed.

• Upvote 2

I quote you here to spin this a little, not saying you push the limits or you don't.

Just a thought to those that like to "push limits". If you do this on traffic do truck and cars keep the distance need to avoid you incase you have a puncture or a fault of the mechanic or electronics?

So if you have this mentality dies this mean you drive a car or MC in the same way?

Right now we often operate in a grey zone under the radar of the police. But riding highway speed will bring you on the radar. So how long does that fun last and how do that impact other riders?

My personal opinion is the market can be closed very fast if people keep asking for speed or power that put us in the public eye in a bad way.

I have a counter perspective.

I am from the UK, here EUC's are blanket illegal. There is no grey area. They can be confiscated and crushed.

However, you rely on the good will of the public and police to not have an issue. Therefore I will slow down around pedestrians. Stick to dedicated cycle lanes where available and will avoid all main roads (for the most part, I cross some). This has lead me to having multiple police pass me and do nothing. Pedestrians are curious and amazed instead of insulted and offended.

Buut... I still ride my Lynx at up to 55ish mph when the conditions are right. I will blast across the edges of farm fields at 45+ and do regularly hit 40+ on the cycle paths when I have great visibility and there are no hidden junctions.

I ride a motorbike, and I ride it exactly the same if not worse. I understand most people don't treat vehicles this way, but that's up to them. I wouldn't be in favour of speed limiting road vehicles to the maximum speed limit (70mph in the UK) nor would I expect every manufacturer to produce only vehicles that can barely do this speed.

America seems to have issues with rebellious attitudes and I don't condone the kinda riding you see on NYC videos where they are riding through traffic recklessly, but that does seem to be part of the culture there... EUC's just do it a bit too fast IMO. Other parts of the US lack any form of cycle network or 'back roads' that can be used to get between places without hitting main roads. So out of necessity I get why people use them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This implies having the performance available to go faster but having an arbitrary limit. Like if Porsche released a 911 Turbo but had a limiter put in place. Sure it's safer... but not everyone is on this planet to be as safe as possible.

On 6/23/2024 at 9:20 AM, Funky said:

Yup. Another pointless release in over-saturated market. :) At least hobbyist have so many choices of great and amazing wheels to choose from. :) 

Where guy like myself have no options at all. :D

You do have options, just not many. 

The begode mten mini is a last-mile vehicle. It will easily do a 3-mile commute there and back at safe speeds still faster than walking.

InMotion refreshed the v10f and now the V11y.

Sure they don't have all the features you may want, but the big wheels don't have all the features I want either. But they have some so I compromise.

I want Lynx performance with S22 suspension travel and no heavier than 38kg without pads. It's technically doable, but it doesn't exist so I compromise.

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I can provide a data point.

When I ride my euc in a bike path, I ride it like I am operating an e-bike or an e-scooter. When I am riding in a car lane, I ride like I am on a motorcycle. When I ride a motorcycle, some car drivers may or may not give more space margins. I almost never have cars around me when I ride my euc in a car lane. But I have observed that space margins given by other drivers are very much driver dependant. Personally, I don't find any of my wheels are capable of letting me ride and feel I have enough control to be in traffic with cars and trucks all around me. (What would be a good start would be for euc's to have proper headlight, tail light, turn signals and a horn.) However, I do see plenty of videos of riders in NYC who do seemed comfortable riding under those conditions.

Around here, local police do occasionally stop riders on euc's. And I suspect euc riders who ride with the flow of traffic are more susceptible to being stopped by police.

However, in the US, there seem to be plenty of places when enforcement seemed to be more lax.

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

In the US, and Canada, I don't think there are enough people riding euc's to put us on the fed's radar, based on accident statistics. There may be some local bylaws restricting e-bikes or e-scooters.

Edited by techyiam

36 minutes ago, PourUC said:

The begode mten mini is a last-mile vehicle. It will easily do a 3-mile commute there and back at safe speeds still faster than walking.

Toy..

37 minutes ago, PourUC said:

InMotion refreshed the v10f and now the V11y. 

One is old (design) and one is over 30kg..

37 minutes ago, PourUC said:

You do have options, just not many. 
I want Lynx performance with S22 suspension travel and no heavier than 38kg without pads. It's technically doable, but it doesn't exist so I compromise.

And i want simple 20kg waterproof wheel with small battery. I'm not asking for a suspension, lights, etc...

In past 4 years only Falcon has somewhat catch my eye.. It still doesn't have carry handle and easy to access lift button. So no.. i don't have any options what so ever. Even if i would buy that Falcon.. I would need to DIY a carry handle onto it, for one hand operations also build and wire a lift button right next to lift handle.

If i want lightweight wheel, i need to look at 201* year releases.. And i don't want a old model. We finally are getting waterproofing and all that goodness..

I want to pay top notch money for actually good wheels like hobbyist are getting, but in smaller/lighter package!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Not really that is not how it works, you can however put a limit on top speed using tiltback.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Toy..

And i want simple 20kg waterproof wheel with small battery. I'm not asking for a suspension, lights, etc...

In past 4 years only Falcon has somewhat catch my eye.. It still doesn't have carry handle and easy to access lift button. So no.. i don't have any options what so ever. Even if i would buy that Falcon.. I would need to DIY a carry handle onto it, for one hand operations also build and wire a lift button right next to lift handle.

If i want lightweight wheel, i need to look at 201* year releases.. And i don't want a old model. We finally are getting waterproofing and all that goodness..

I want to pay top notch money for actually good wheels like hobbyist are getting, but in smaller/lighter package!

1) It's a small lightweight wheel. Someone could call any wheel a toy. I ride my lynx as a toy, I also commute with it. Simply hand waving as if it doesn't meet 80% of your criteria is strange.

2) Being old but refreshed shouldn't be enough for a wheel to be dismissed. Then we go to the features it is missing which is an actual reason to dismiss. But alas, no wheel is waterproof at the moment just water resistant. So if you had your criteria but you didn't mind BBW's then you would still say that there are NO wheels that meet your needs.

3) V11y is a feather under 30kg

4) Something catching your eye should be irrelevant. You said all you want is a simple 20kg [water resistant] wheel with a small battery. The mten mini is all that (water resistant to an extent by design but not by certification), it just doesn't have a carry handle.

5) You saying you have no options what so ever ignores the concept of a compromise. No wheel has a 14" rim, is IP rated, has 130mm of suspension travel, has ~2500wh battery, has high torque, high top speed, is easily repairable, has an easily replaced wheel and easily repaired suspension. These are all the things I WANT, but I compromise. I don't get why you don't sell your kingsong because clearly that wheel doesn't work for you what so ever, that isn't a choice either. Sell it, give it away or throw it away. 

But no... I assume you still ride it which means despite having compromises, it still fits your needs enough. The V10f is a newer wheel in that same class so it should be an upgrade for you regardless if it fits all your desires.

I don't mean to be overly confrontational but you appear on literally every thread about a wheel saying how it doesn't fit your exact unicorn requirements. I carry my Lynx up one flight of stairs everyday. It's not ideal, and when I upgraded from the S22 I knew I was trading it's lighter weight and easier carry for more power. I compromised for the thing I wanted. You don't HAVE to compromise, but if you could stop turning every thread into some whine fest about how your EXACT requirements are not being sold when SOOO MANY other peoples exact desires are also not being sold. We just happen to compromise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PourUC said:

1) It's a small lightweight wheel. Someone could call any wheel a toy. I ride my lynx as a toy, I also commute with it. Simply hand waving as if it doesn't meet 80% of your criteria is strange.

2) Being old but refreshed shouldn't be enough for a wheel to be dismissed. Then we go to the features it is missing which is an actual reason to dismiss. But alas, no wheel is waterproof at the moment just water resistant. So if you had your criteria but you didn't mind BBW's then you would still say that there are NO wheels that meet your needs.

4) Something catching your eye should be irrelevant. You said all you want is a simple 20kg [water resistant] wheel with a small battery. The mten mini is all that (water resistant to an extent by design but not by certification), it just doesn't have a carry handle.

5) You saying you have no options what so ever ignores the concept of a compromise. No wheel has a 14" rim, is IP rated, has 130mm of suspension travel, has ~2500wh battery, has high torque, high top speed, is easily repairable, has an easily replaced wheel and easily repaired suspension. These are all the things I WANT, but I compromise. I don't get why you don't sell your kingsong because clearly that wheel doesn't work for you what so ever, that isn't a choice either. Sell it, give it away or throw it away. 

But no... I assume you still ride it which means despite having compromises, it still fits your needs enough. The V10f is a newer wheel in that same class so it should be an upgrade for you regardless if it fits all your desires.

I don't mean to be overly confrontational but you appear on literally every thread about a wheel saying how it doesn't fit your exact unicorn requirements. I carry my Lynx up one flight of stairs everyday. It's not ideal, and when I upgraded from the S22 I knew I was trading it's lighter weight and easier carry for more power. I compromised for the thing I wanted. You don't HAVE to compromise, but if you could stop turning every thread into some whine fest about how your EXACT requirements are not being sold when SOOO MANY other peoples exact desires are also not being sold. We just happen to compromise.

Hello, you understood everything, you are courageous in reading this member, many people have the same observation as you. For our comfort we need a good chair when reading it because it is long, daily and repetitive. For his comfort he should agree not to always write down his will which he tries to impose in his own way. This would be beneficial to the forum but it is not within my power. When we link old posts it comes down to each new member, I wish you a lot of patience.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

Says the guy who was so many options to choose from.. My only requirement is weight itself. I don't care about speed, power, suspension travel, etc..

V10f is same thing as my 18xl.. Yes 18xl works for me. I just want after 3 years of carrying 27kg something lighter. But same time something "modern". Aka lynx, s22, etc..

Yes Mten4 is last mileage wheel, but come on - get real.. It's 10" wheel diameter makes it more or less a toy. You can't ride it comfortably. 

Open your eyes for a second. Only wheel i can choose from is A2 OR Falcon... Great options.. A2 would also be same thing as my 18xl. So that leaves only 1 option - Falcon. It's same weight as my 18xl, but has way more power available to it. Also now i get suspension.. And modern design, ohh also water resistance.

Yes i am wining - because i'm not seeing any wheel being made from my viewpoint! Only thing being made is 30kg+ wheels.

Put yourself in my shoes who doesn't want a heavy wheel... See how happy you will be. How can i compromise, IF weight is the thing i'm mostly crying about. Falcon doesn't have carry handle and lift button. And i'm still thinking about buying it. So don't you start about compromises! You don't know me and my daily commutes requirements.

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Toy..

MCM5v2?

I have looked over all older wheels.. I said no old wheels. All old wheels have that small weak AXLE - that's why i mostly don't want old wheels..

One of Begode models had hollow bore axle, but i still din't like it's design. 

There's no point offering me an euc's names, because i have probably already have looked at it.

44 minutes ago, Funky said:

Says the guy who was so many options to choose from.. My only requirement is weight itself. I don't care about speed, power, suspension travel, etc..

V10f is same thing as my 18xl.. Yes 18xl works for me. I just want after 3 years of carrying 27kg something lighter. But same time something "modern". Aka lynx, s22, etc..

Yes Mten4 is last mileage wheel, but come on - get real.. It's 10" wheel diameter makes it more or less a toy. You can't ride it comfortably. 

Open your eyes for a second. Only wheel i can choose from is A2 OR Falcon... Great options.. A2 would also be same thing as my 18xl. So that leaves only 1 option - Falcon. It's same weight as my 18xl, but has way more power available to it. Also now i get suspension.. And modern design, ohh also water resistance.

Yes i am wining - because i'm not seeing any wheel being made from my viewpoint! Only thing being made is 30kg+ wheels.

Put yourself in my shoes who doesn't want a heavy wheel... See how happy you will be. How can i compromise, IF weight is the thing i'm mostly crying about. Falcon doesn't have carry handle and lift button. And i'm still thinking about buying it. So don't you start about compromises! You don't know me and my daily commutes requirements.

Absolute nonsense that "you" can't ride an mten4 comfortably. I ride mine all over nyc, easily 10-15+ miles per day. Now that I have an A2 I tend to use that for longer distances and save my mten4 for around the neighborhood, but the mten4 is totally comfortable and considerably more fun

• Upvote 1

There are already hundreds of lightweight EUCs on the market, but it's time for manufacturers to focus on creating competitive, high-performance models. EUCs don't just compete with each other; they're up against mopeds, motorcycles, and even cars. If the price of an EUC is comparable to a car or motorcycle, it needs to deliver on performance. A vehicle that can't travel 60km without needing a lengthy recharge won't attract new customers.

Without innovation, EUC companies risk extinction. Developing faster, long-range, advanced EUCs is essential for drawing in new customers, including those who currently ride motorcycles and mopeds. Increased speed and larger batteries will drive technological advancements across the board, benefiting even smaller EUCs.

Think about the resources required to develop a product that can't compete with standard transportation options. If EUCs aren't fast and efficient, they won't stand a chance in the market. Emphasizing speed and performance is crucial for the future success of EUCs.