Upgrading Kingsong s22 motor to 4000w - MAN ITŚ GOOD (DIY-PRO)

Finn Bjerke

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i went from this wheel is ok, to i love this wheel and wanna buy another during the holiday sales. there's alot to like with the s22. 

That's exactly how I feel too, except the part about buying another one. I like to try different designs. So I will be hunting for something that is going to be better than my S22. The Lynx does looks intriguing, but I am also curious about the Patton, Extreme, and the V14. In an Intro2Speed event, I had a lot of fun riding the Patton. I found the 16" wheels to be more immediate, more responsive, but I am hesitant because I am not sure how much stability I am willing to compromise.

As of right now, I am very content with my S22. It is very fun ride to be sure. There was a short journey to get here. But I am here. It sounds like I will have to try out the Michelin tire when the stock tire wears out. Wrenching on the S22 is quite pleasant.

I am glad you like yours too.

Kingsong got a lot right with the S22/Pro. It is just that they can't seem to get everything right.

• Like 2

I think that's the general consensus, when you finally get it dialed in its a really fun wheel. I bought the ex30 mainly for more range, I tend to do 50mi rides in the summer on a mix of bike trails and backroads. Having to stop and fast charge every 30 miles is a bit boring, hoping the EX will help. Interestingly at 30 mph the EX pwm is only around 33, huge safety margin!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crab said:

I think that's the general consensus, when you finally get it dialed in its a really fun wheel. I bought the ex30 mainly for more range, I tend to do 50mi rides in the summer on a mix of bike trails and backroads. Having to stop and fast charge every 30 miles is a bit boring, hoping the EX will help. Interestingly at 30 mph the EX pwm is only around 33, huge safety margin!

In that case, I wonder whether the Lynx would be a better fit. If you are not riding too much above 30 mph, perhaps the Lynx has enough range. And the Lynx would be easier to ride, and more agile and responsive.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

That's exactly how I feel too, except the part about buying another one.

well, i have 5 nice working wheels now, no problems except i have to remember not to step on it, while riding my s18. and btw, i normally don't try to ride thru my sugar sand gate openings, but the s18 handles the sugar sand the best. i guess it's the weight or the narrower profile of the jiluer tire. my molicel version s18 made it up my hill np! i think about stuff like i need a lab soon, if i took a wheel, which one to take? i'd probably take the s18 because it wouldn't hurt as bad if someone stole it. 

i'm pretty much restricted by my road to 30mph tops gps corrected. s18 says 31mph. haven't felt tiltback yet. 

so here's my theory as of right now, yes, i want another s22 real pro latest version, and now with 50s batteries(the 40t might be fine for me, but buying these things from dealers that don't even know what they bought is frustrating), at a holiday price. 

i'm in no hurry for adding any new wheel. that's why for me, esp with my mistrust in gotway/begode, and hearing leaperkim is ex gotway employees, whether true or not, time usually shakes out the truth. and i don't have anyplace here i can go over 30mph, yet. maybe in a couple of years they'll be a network of multiuse paths in here, and btw, i'm priortizing wheel right of way, because it's a difficult form of conveyance. a golf cart can stop and park, we can't. i'm curious about the fastace suspension, but really, that's it. i figure after the hype and later in the year, the price of the lynx will be around $3500 or less. the v13 remember had the "introductory" price of $3999 and that gave marty heart palpitations, $4200 for the lnyx doesn't. and i bought my last v13 direct from inmotion for $3419. and the later batches are much better. and i didn't buy the v13's to go 56mph, i bought them because of the build quality and bigger diameter motor. v13 in the pasture, is definitely point to point. someday my lower half will be strong enough to maneuver it(turn) like the s22. 

jack saying he didn't like the suspension made me hesitant as well. i really really love the suspension on all 5 of my wheels now and can't imagine a wheel having a better suspension for my washboard pastures. the s22 is so easy to work on, it will be interesting to see how this talcum powder sand out here eats on them. 

i haven't worked on any of the v13's yet, but they look pretty easy to wrench on as well. that and parts availability is real important. 

and disclaimer, i've never seen a gotway/begode/leaperkim/ any other brands except the wheels i've bought. 9bot, king song, inmotion, that's it! so i'm a terrible reviewer. i'm too big of a chicken to ride a gotway/begode wheel after following this forum since 2017. 

Screenshot_20231209_091350_Gmail.thumb.jpg.8b11635392544f8f7eb764976c342727.jpg

12 hours ago, techyiam said:

In that case, I wonder whether the Lynx would be a better fit. If you are not riding too much above 30 mph, perhaps the Lynx has enough range. And the Lynx would be 

Edited by Crab

yup, this is the nail in the lynx's heart for me! 

lots of humans love gotway/begode, even after breaking their legs, not me! u know how hard i'd kick myself in the ass if i bought a lynx going against my intuition, and it broke my leg like marty's?

if it's windy, like i just did to get 40 grams of thc, i take the v13. if i feel sporty, or want to practice u-turns without dislocating my hip joint, i take the s22. the students will start on the s18. 

i hope it turns out to be a great wheel, but i'm in no hurry to endanger myself or Bob.

https://voltride.com/leaper-kim/

5 minutes ago, Crab said:

20231209_122656.jpg

it's a rip off. $25 a gram. normally $60 a gram. i have to get the overlords in tallahassee to give me 5 times the allowance they normally give humans.

i need to get one of my buddies with a jet to fly me and Bob out west and score 50 pounds of fresh frozen flower.

Edited by novazeus

yeah, i rode my diy s22 pro up my hill in slo mo today, np. actually more solid of a wheel than my first v13 that neltrek disassembled for the motor bolts and tire change. i also rode the second v13 i bought, factory fresh, untouched by a dealer, and it's great. 

my first v13 needs a total going over after being disassembled. i was gonna try and pull the innertube without disassembly, but it has too many squeaks. probably needs screw tightening.

i am eyeballing a 50s s22 if i can get confirmation. i do like the simplicity of the s22 build. easy to work on. and lots more portability than the v13's. there's no where out here i can go over 30mph. maybe 2025 when i start building the multiuse paths in here. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 11:21 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

Oh I forgot I have upgraded the ballbearing sliders myself, without it suspension is terrible. 

Also when I look at this construction I wonder how long thise wheel will live before new repairs is needed.  

YEs it seems there is some 4000W wheels that are noisy in a bad way, there a different generations of that wheel.  Check this video out also: 

finnbjerke,

its been several weeks now,  how is your modified/updated S22 performing ?  whats the latest good and/or bad news ?