EASIER than you Think, ELECTRIC UNICYCLE in SNOW !

Mathieu Tech Moto

2 years ago during winter I stopped wearing wrist guards because I moved to winter gloves. And I fell down sideways (skipped on ice) at < 10km/h.
Healing the wrist took like a month. And for damn sure I know it wouldn't be a problem if I wore proper gear.

You sure you want to ride without any (wrist/knee/elbow) protection? IMO it's even more important in the winter because of ice.
Winter gloves will save you from a rash, but won't help you from impact & broken wrist.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

I ride Tahoe City every year while my family is skiing. I use my MSP HT with a newish H666 tire.  Works pretty well, but this past winter I had several falls from hidden ice. I also had over charge issues trying to get down the hill from our house if I topped off the batteries (never an issue in the past, but I was running M50Ts with 4K on them - they were replaced with Molicels over the Summer). It is fun, but you need to weather proof your wheel if it is older and accept that there will be falls. 

• Like 1

i've been out west when it snows. went to vail to celebrate weed becoming legal with a bunch of girls. idk how u people live in those extreme climates. every one of my twenty something year old gfs, slipped and fell on their ass at least once. i never fell and i was so proud of myself. but just sitting in a grocery store parking lot, and watching humans one by one almost break their ass. Bob would love snow. not for me. i think snowskiing or snowboarding is insane. those trees don't move. i tried once. one and done, never ever again. but really, no wonder everybody moves down here first chance they get. and it is beautiful this time of year.

life's too short to live in miserable non mad riding weather.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 10:18 PM, atdlzpae said:

2 years ago during winter I stopped wearing wrist guards because I moved to winter gloves. And I fell down sideways (skipped on ice) at < 10km/h.
Healing the wrist took like a month. And for damn sure I know it wouldn't be a problem if I wore proper gear.

You sure you want to ride without any (wrist/knee/elbow) protection? IMO it's even more important in the winter because of ice.
Winter gloves will save you from a rash, but won't help you from impact & broken wrist.

That's true we have to watch out for our fragile wrist, but don't worry i wear fully padded motorcycle gear (exept my pant this time) but i have also a pair of Leatt knee guard

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:59 PM, gon2fast said:

I ride Tahoe City every year while my family is skiing. I use my MSP HT with a newish H666 tire.  Works pretty well, but this past winter I had several falls from hidden ice. I also had over charge issues trying to get down the hill from our house if I topped off the batteries (never an issue in the past, but I was running M50Ts with 4K on them - they were replaced with Molicels over the Summer). It is fun, but you need to weather proof your wheel if it is older and accept that there will be falls. 

Yeah, that's why i've prepared a studded tire if i ride regularly in the winter, hidden ice is dangerous !

On 11/10/2023 at 12:24 AM, novazeus said:

i've been out west when it snows. went to vail to celebrate weed becoming legal with a bunch of girls. idk how u people live in those extreme climates. every one of my twenty something year old gfs, slipped and fell on their ass at least once. i never fell and i was so proud of myself. but just sitting in a grocery store parking lot, and watching humans one by one almost break their ass. Bob would love snow. not for me. i think snowskiing or snowboarding is insane. those trees don't move. i tried once. one and done, never ever again. but really, no wonder everybody moves down here first chance they get. and it is beautiful this time of year.

life's too short to live in miserable non mad riding weather.

lol, ouch the idea of running into a tree knowing that it won't move :D, I don't like winter and would not be sad if i lived without it !

On 11/10/2023 at 4:18 AM, atdlzpae said:

Healing the wrist took like a month.

Meaning it was not broken, right?

One suspected protective mechanism of wrist guards is that they let the hand slide on the ground thereby reducing the peak impact. I don't know if it's true, but I also never heard of wrist guards to be a thing when ice skating, while they seem to be pretty standard for roller blading.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 1:56 PM, Mono said:

Meaning it was not broken, right?

One suspected protective mechanism of wrist guards is that they let the hand slide on the ground thereby reducing the peak impact. I don't know if it's true, but I also never heard of wrist guards to be a thing when ice skating, while they seem to be pretty standard for roller blading.

Yes, most likely not broken - never went to a hospital and recovered 100% after like a month or two.

But literally the only one of my like 13 faceplants where I actually had to heal wrists from. ;) All the other ones I just shrugged off (from a wrist perspective), even though wrists were involved in each case.
It's not only peak impact - wrist guards also stiffen the joint overall, so some energy is transferred "around" the wrist by plastic.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1