My Veteran Lynx Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Seems like you're missing 2 screws on the front handle? Just above the fender.

Also I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for you to roll just enough backwards to fall into the water. 😁

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Seems like you're missing 2 screws on the front handle? Just above the fender.

Also I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for you to roll just enough backwards to fall into the water. 😁

Thank you. So funny, but I never noticed. I had to assemble this wheel and there weren't instructions. Just parts and bags of screws (tons of extras).

Actually, there are four missing bolts, two above the ones that you were highlighting. All installed now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thank you. So funny, but I never noticed. I had to assemble this wheel and there weren't instructions. Just parts and bags of screws (tons of extras).

Actually, there are four missing bolts, two above the ones that you were highlighting. All installed now.

Oh wow! Good thing you didn't put too much stress on there already. 😁

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Oh wow! Good thing you didn't put too much stress on there already. 😁

I think there's plenty of redundancy :)

• 3 weeks later...

question mr. backe:

have you experienced any speed wobbles at 70+ kph so far with your lynx ?  some other reviewer (chooch tech) of the lynx posted a video of him riding his lynx and experiencing a speed wobble on his ride.  i just hope this is not something that turns out to be a major flaw in the veteran lynx... have you experienced any wobbles with your lynx ?

You shouldn't think about riding at 70+ if you still don't know that Marty never ride that fast. 😅

Any wheel with such high pedals have this problem and if you are not a very experienced rider you will find out sooner than later. 

Even a guy who thinks he's the best rider in the world and for whom physics doesn't apply has now found out. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bpong said:

question mr. backe:

have you experienced any speed wobbles at 70+ kph so far with your lynx ?  some other reviewer (chooch tech) of the lynx posted a video of him riding his lynx and experiencing a speed wobble on his ride.  i just hope this is not something that turns out to be a major flaw in the veteran lynx... have you experienced any wobbles with your lynx ?

Man, thats happening with every wheel more or less , especially downhill...and if youre not 100% used to the wheel, pedalheight, tirechoice etc etc....this youtuber crashed already 100 times on nearly every single wheel he rides....

Think he will get the darwin award sooner or later for sure

• Upvote 1

whenever i ride my old tesla v2,  i always experience some wobble which usually goes away after i either readjust my stance or adjust the pressure that my legs are applying to the sides of the euc.  slowing down also seems to help alleviate the condition too.  its very rare i experience a ride which doesnt have some oscillation to it.  only a couple of weeks left before i receive the lynx.  its going to be a whole new experience coming from a non suspended old euc....

thank you for your reply.  i will exercise some caution during the first several weeks to get acquainted with this new machine... and of course, not over-speed...

• Like 1