Rumored Master Pro update, Samsung 50S cells

@Drunkard's Quote: "As much as it's funny to meme on begode that they now scrambling to put out 3 new models in response it's kind of scary that they probably are.."

Well, BegodeWay may potentially have a New Large wheel waiting to drop, according to the recent talk and this image comparing it to the V13 posted today on Telegram:

image.thumb.png.0c80b136210c1ee5d33c33e7798026e6.png

Edited by fbhb
(still a 17" rim)
  • Like 3

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Rumored Master Pro update, Samsung 50S cells

I'd like to issue a preliminary warning on the 50S.

I saw someone mention this but I didn't think it could change anyone's mind. However I did find used 50S for sale in China with a very low remaining capacity of around 4400mAh.

It means that potentially they could be losing their capacity quite fast. I don't believe a 50E would exhibit that capacity loss.

The 40T seem to hold their capacity quite well so if you compare an old 50S wheel to a 40T wheel they might not be too different. 

This is just a hunch. I don't REALLY know this to be true. I just thoughy some people might want to know this before shelling out a lot of $$$ believing they're getting an upgrade.

40T have a higher discharge rate compared to 50S.

The second problem is that wheel reviews could be misguiding. They test the wheels when the cells are new and that's maybe not what the customer is going to experience.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1

Great info RG. It shows that at the SAME current the 50S don't age significantly faster. Just a tad.

At a higher current, well. We'll see. 

They should run cooler and dispite that they didn't preserve their capacity any better than the other hotter cells. That is a tiny bit concerning.

The price however is great. I've seen great deals for 50S cells, used and new.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:17 AM, mhpr262 said:

Almost twice the pedal height of a V13, damn...

In this pic the pedal on the master pro is on the mid setting while V13 on the lowest. 

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I own a Master Pro V2 with a swapped suspension (torque pads + rockshox Monarch RT3) since a month and love if so far.

I truly do not understand what would be the benefits of the C40 motor vs the C38. Does the 2mm offset really imply a huge torque step-up technically speaking ?

In the same manner, what are the (potential) benefits of using 36 FETs along with 50S batteries while 24 FETs with 50E goes well for riding 35 mph without heat issue etc ?

In parallel I have a s22 pro that has "only" 12 (big)  FETs  while the motor is rated for 4k Watts and 8k Watts peak. It does not heat up that much even riden in hilly offroads. Does Begode use cheap FETs thereby multiplying them is the only way to properly distribute the current ?

Edited by tritbool
  • Like 1

You're right- it's mostly marketing. 

It's still a huge 4800wh pack. The only thing 50S does that 50E doesn't, for a pack so large, is: recharge at 4kW. That's 3 fast chargers screaming... pretty impractical. 

If MasterP V1 meets your performance expectations, then there is no benefit in having a controller and motor with higher limits.

But if you're chasing that last 5mph, tweaks to the hardware and firmware in the new version may get you there... To be proven by testing soon.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tritbool said:

I truly do not understand what would be the benefits of the C40 motor vs the C38. Does the 2mm offset really imply a huge torque step-up technically speaking ?

Have you run out of torque? Meaning have you been face planting while accelerating or not been able to go up a hill? If not, then you would not feel any difference with technically more torque. You do not feel the difference in accelerating. If you didn't face plant, you could have accelerated faster just by leaning more. You would need to lean just as much with the other motor as well. 

37 minutes ago, tritbool said:

In the same manner, what are the (potential) benefits of using 36 FETs along with 50S batteries while 24 FETs with 50E goes well for riding 35 mph without heat issue etc ?

Are you pushing the limits? Are you racing? If not, you would not feel any difference. 

38 minutes ago, tritbool said:

In parallel I have a s22 pro that has "only" 12 (big)  FETs  while the motor is rated for 4k Watts and 8k Watts peak. It does not heat up that much even riden in hilly offroads. Does Begode use cheap FETs thereby multiplying them is the only way to properly distribute the current

I never heard of motor heating too much when all the new wheels were rated at 2000W. We have higher ratings now because people think higher nominal value means more power for them. Bigger numbers sell better. And are heavier. Probably same story with FETs. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Have you run out of torque? Meaning have you been face planting while accelerating or not been able to go up a hill? If not, then you would not feel any difference with technically more torque. You do not feel the difference in accelerating. If you didn't face plant, you could have accelerated faster just by leaning more. You would need to lean just as much with the other motor as well. 

Are you pushing the limits? Are you racing? If not, you would not feel any difference. 

I never heard of motor heating too much when all the new wheels were rated at 2000W. We have higher ratings now because people think higher nominal value means more power for them. Bigger numbers sell better. And are heavier. Probably same story with FETs. 

Thanks for the hints !

I somehow feel the same way, it is just that Begode being Begode, sometimes the reasons why they e.g "upgrade" their existing wheels are nebulous as hell.

I propbably misexpressed myself about the S22 pro (not) heating up. I was talking about the mainboard not the motor, despite its (the engine) tendency to get warm when heavy riding.

Edited by tritbool

I wonder if the new ones will still use those flaky charge boards that leak voltage into a portal to the underworld ? 

Personally I think it is sending those volts up to space where they are used to power Chinese satellites ;)

All of these wheels have electronic power buttons which have to maintain some current to work. Some power switches use more power than others while just sitting there and waiting. Some switches use less power than the normal drain of the battery. Maybe we have crappy switches?

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2023 at 10:09 PM, UniVehje said:

In fairness, motherboards seem to blow up with some regularity, so more FETS is probably a good thing.

Rest of the comment is great, the amount of people that think a one wheel "accelerates faster" than another wheel but don't understand this is entirely a function of their ability to lean is nuts. They attribute it to more power or something (lol).

• Upvote 1