Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

Maybe somebody has already asked this question, but I can't seem to find it. What is the maximum amperage/wattage the BMS will allow before it cuts out? 

7 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

Maybe somebody has already asked this question, but I can't seem to find it. What is the maximum amperage/wattage the BMS will allow before it cuts out? 

Your question is not very specific, you mean when charging? According to the spec sheet the max charge rate is 15A.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 2:15 AM, Rawnei said:

Your question is not very specific, you mean when charging? According to the spec sheet the max charge rate is 15A.

I'm embarrassed to admit it never occurred to me to check the owner's manual. But thank you for the info.

Oh! While I'm here, I want to again thank you for your various STL files, I'm currently rocking your footlock replacement and I LOVE them. Completely changed my ride, to the point I'm now comfortable rolling down steps and sometimes hitting a few (small) jumps from time to time. I even just did a 100 mile ride last week with them! Thanks so much!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240603_061752_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9630135716d36dbe78dfbbc01c5f23af.jpg20240523_193659.jpg.cf953996228a60d7618feb51b5befd13.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone know what the proper PSI is for the new tubeless tire? The tire itself states 33psi Max but the last email from Jason/Ewheels says it should be 35psi at a minimum. I weigh 140 with no gear so only need a little past the bare minimum. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 5:48 PM, Rawnei said:

Well I'm doubtful it will be a problem either way.

More important to me and a lot of riders is avoiding the kickstand hitting something when dropping of obstacles since it's way too long, if that happens it could potentially be the cause of a crash or a fall, that is why people remove it and why I designed the shorter one.

I hear ya. You do good work too. 
You’re probably right about the kickstand. 
It still blows my mind that 75 lbs of batteries and computer are just riding on 2 pogo sticks held onto the axle by 4 bolts each. 
So the only thing really holding this machine together is the shock caps, and the 4 bolts on the axle. 
How does this not rip the axle bolts out. Seems like a tremendous load on the axle bolts, but I suppose this is true of non suspension wheels too, only non suspension will be more compact, and not as much leverage on the axle bolts as longer bars like shocks. 
Amazes me is all.

On 6/1/2024 at 5:48 PM, Rawnei said:
Edited by o u euc 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

I hear ya. You do good work too. 
You’re probably right about the kickstand. 
It still blows my mind that 75 lbs of batteries and computer are just riding on 2 pogo sticks held onto the axle by 4 bolts each. 
So the only thing really holding this machine together is the shock caps, and the 4 bolts on the axle. 
How does this not rip the axle bolts out. Seems like a tremendous load on the axle bolts, but I suppose this is true of non suspension wheels too, only non suspension will be more compact, and not as much leverage on the axle bolts as longer bars like shocks. 
Amazes me is all.

I recon most of the stress is in the downwards direction, the bracket have a lip on it plus a socketed shape so the shock rests ontop of the bracket and that stress is transferred onto the bracket which is secured to the motor with the M6 bolts, as you surmised the bracket and no less the motor bolts are critical parts in this design but the shocks do help a lot by dampening that stress and it seems to work fine mostly except some cases where the bolts came loose for various reasons or in the case of Shibbys Lynx which is an extreme case and an outlier.

Considering what Shibby is doing with his wheel I'm guessing what happened is a combination of the material not being strong enough for his usecase possibly in combination with the bolts not being properly torqued which added even more stress on the parts involved, but of course this is just speculation based on logical thinking, I'm certainly no expert. I'm also guessing that most of the wheels on the market today would have already broken sooner rather than later from the same usecase, there's already cases of the Extreme having multiple critical faults from less extreme riding (pun not intended).

It's tricky, they could take this into consideration in their next iteration of design and try to make the parts or material choices even stronger but how will they solve motor bolts coming lose or riders not torquing them properly after maintenance? This seems like a common occurrence on a lot of different wheels. Lots of riders who do maintenance don't even torque the bolts properly with proper tools, some just use a small hex key from Ikea and torque important bolts by hand and call it a day, there was a Sherman S that fell apart during a ride after the rider performed a tire change most likely because the bolts weren't torqued and possibly even loctite missing. Yet many riders who do take care of their wheels properly have no such problems at all.

1 hour ago, o u euc 2 said:

the only thing really holding this machine together is the shock caps, and the 4 bolts on the axle. 
How does this not rip the axle bolts out.

The only thing holding the 50lb wheel assemblies onto the cars driving past you at 60mph are: four bolts between the wheel and hub, and one strut housing. 
This type of bolted joint is simple, robust, and prolific. Maintained properly, it's great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

The only thing holding the 50lb wheel assemblies onto the cars driving past you at 60mph are: four bolts between the wheel and hub, and one strut housing. 
This type of bolted joint is simple, robust, and prolific. Maintained properly, it's great.

But do EUC's use spigots to keep the wheel onto the hub assembly like cars do? I guess the answer is some do (Extreme Bull Commander mini??) or not really.

These guys say in cars its not the nuts that take the force of the rotation...

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1456753