Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

13 hours ago, t0me said:

DC converter?    Something that's original or you adding a step-dn?   If the latter,  got a link to the dcdc you're planning to use?

Little replacement board to fix headlight hum.

Hello all,

I got my 50E 70Lb Lynx. First impression after one day are kind of mixed. Wheel from build point of view seems solid. I like way how it feels, tolerance are amazing for Chinese device. I made 80km first day on wheel still need to get used to extra weight and tallness. I think all positives were already discussed so :

- Mine Lynx needed FW upgrade, out of box there were unhealthy motor noise. I didn't feel that it balance correctly. FW upgrade solved that.
- Back light somehow always stopped being on after 10-15 km of ride. I tried to replug in on/while ride without effect. Only way how to get it working again is to power off wheel for 5 min and then it come back alive itself. Seems like DC-DC board misbehave, there is no coil noise while this situation happen, I can hear dc-dc coil noise only when backlight works.
- Mine charger get stuck on last "Trickle charge" and undercharge wheel, Probably need to be settled up for right voltage. It keeps ramping fan up/down like there some protection what is triggered. Charger feels like worst part of package, It dont feel safe. 
- Display buttons are disappointing.

- Seems like I can bottom up even 70lb Lynx down stairs. I can live with 70lb version with mine 85 kg. 

Edited by daniel1234
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

- Mine charger get stuck on last "Trickle charge" and undercharge wheel, Probably need to be settled up for right voltage. It keeps ramping fan up/down like there some protection what is triggered.

- Seems like I can bottom up even 70lb Lynx down stairs. I can live with 70lb version with mine 85 kg. 

Charger behaviour is normal at end of charging, at least for a while.

Are you sure you are bottoming it out? Sounds odd, what is it that makes you think it's bottoming out? Is there any abnormal noises?

Just now, Rawnei said:

Charger behaviour is normal at end of charging, at least for a while.

Are you sure you are bottoming it out? Sounds odd, what is it that makes you think it's bottoming out? Is there any abnormal noises?

No crazy metal dings like on begode wheel. Suspension feels like can handle punishment.

I can use almost 90 percent suspension travel while jumping on spot, one thing what is really conformable is that there is 0 play between pedal am motor axle so landings feel really solid. I need to get more strength in legs, so far wheel seems heavy for jumping up. I need to take it easy :D

53 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Any tips, Where to get 150v better charger in Europe ?

Define better? Do you mean a fast charger?

Shipped from Europe I don't know, Houningning sells fast chargers that goes up to 170V, might find similar chargers on AliExpress.

18 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Define better? Do you mean a fast charger?

Shipped from Europe I don't know, Houningning sells fast chargers that goes up to 170V, might find similar chargers on AliExpress.

faster / smaller / quieter - stock sounds like starting RC drone.

33 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

faster / smaller / quieter - stock sounds like starting RC drone.

You're not going to find a charger with those criterias.

Lets start with fast, the stock one is quite fast, 151V at 5A is pretty fast, if you want even faster you need one of those adjustable fast chargers that goes up to 15-18A.

Quiet, an adjustable fast charger is not going to be quiet, I ordered a new fan for my stock charger to see if I can make it more quiet.

Smaller, while it might be theoretically possible to build smaller chargers they don't exist on the market from what I know, the fast chargers might have different dimensions than stock charger but if we are talking volume they won't be smaller and if we are talking weight they will be heavier, for example the Huawei Hyper Charger 4850N6 might not be as tall as the stock charger but it's very long and comes in at 1.72kg charger alone without cables, carrying bag or accessories.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:30 PM, Rawnei said:

You're not going to find a charger with those criterias.

Lets start with fast, the stock one is quite fast, 151V at 5A is pretty fast, if you want even faster you need one of those adjustable fast chargers that goes up to 15-18A.

Quiet, an adjustable fast charger is not going to be quiet, I ordered a new fan for my stock charger to see if I can make it more quiet.

Smaller, while it might be theoretically possible to build smaller chargers they don't exist on the market from what I know, the fast chargers might have different dimensions than stock charger but if we are talking volume they won't be smaller and if we are talking weight they will be heavier, for example the Huawei Hyper Charger 4850N6 might not be as tall as the stock charger but it's very long and comes in at 1.72kg charger alone without cables, carrying bag or accessories.

Mini fast chargers are nice for portability. But I wonder if it would make sense to 3D print a larger case and then have a large 140mm fan blowing air out the top of a wide and long but flat charger body.

Lower RPM for same airflow

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Word of caution, the Lynx shocks come with air bleeding valves at the top, two very small silver colored screws, since I am a curious person I wanted to try unscrewing them to bleed some air and also see if it affects my suspension anything, the threads on these screws are tiny and the material they screw into is aluminum.. I took great care screwing them back on but one of them de-threaded very easily regardless, I've put some silicone there now together with the screw which I hope will suffice well over time, worst case my shock will start bleeding oil.

So with that lesson learned I don't think I will ever touch those screws again, the risk of de-threading there is very high due to the small dimensions and material.

ooooops !

18 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Btn Volume on the Lynx- does that also effect the overspeed alarms volume?

You can not change the volume of the alarms, those are always max volume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I dont know why but im not feeling this wheel 100% like I do with the Patton and Sherman S .   Maybe its my tire choice, maybe its also my suspension choice as well. (Maybe I need to STFU and just ride it some more and give it more time....:lol:.)

Every new wheel, im not concerned about the performance, but how it feels, how it handles and this one just....well...im not sure   lol

(BUT performance is reallllly great , there is no denying that)

The suspension I chose was the 70lb suspension (185 lb clothed, ~196lb Geared ~202lb with a work pack.)

-I tried measuring my sag and i barely make it to the min-sag (no preload = all threads of the 18mm suspension adjustment socket are showing)

-Rebound ~8 clicks from the left tested on shitty side walks and broken down , New England town roads. 

-Compression  ~2 clicks from the left. 

-Suspension feels some what close to feel I had on my Patton, but the Patton and Sherman S suspension settings i have on those are night and day, and better than my Lynx 70lb.
*I may consider inquiring about ordering the 62lb (which are on my Patton and Sherman S), or take a chance and get the one in between.
-eWheels is suggesting i should ride it more to "break it in"... I don't know about that.

The tire choice, initially I put on 244 on it. Users in the forums stated they had no rubbing or didn't need to shave. My experience is different and had significant rubbing. I took the tire off and put the 241 on it.,  Higher PSI ~28psi feels weird and need time to adjust to it. Lower psi at 21psi feels planted, and compound feels rock hard at the psi. 

Lifting it up the stair, the Lynx feels the heaviest out of the 3 wheels. Sherman S was my heavier wheel but it felt compact enough that the forces of gravity didn't make it feel unbearable. Patton is light enough and my preferred choice for quick ride, and a quick up and down stairs. LYNX , i need to put a lot of effort bringing up and down stairs. Very odd!

So that is that. I will give it more time to acclimate and see what happens after I ride it some more.

Edited by WILSONEUC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Lifting it up the stair, the Lynx feels the heaviest out of the 3 wheels.

Out of curiosity, are you lifting by the top handles or by the front handle and the kickstand?  Lynx is tall, which may be making it feel more clumsy to lift.  

70lb suspension may be too stiff for you.  66lb should be good for your weight if doing off road or stairs.  Otherwise the 62 that you are already used to may be the best option.  

I hope you adjust and learn to love your wheel.  It was a big investment,so I feel for you right now.  Best of luck!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Out of curiosity, are you lifting by the top handles or by the front handle and the kickstand?  Lynx is tall, which may be making it feel more clumsy to lift.  

70lb suspension may be too stiff for you.  66lb should be good for your weight if doing off road or stairs.  Otherwise the 62 that you are already used to may be the best option.  

I hope you adjust and learn to love your wheel.  It was a big investment,so I feel for you right now.  Best of luck!

I lift all my wheels from the kick stand and front handle. Yes i believe you are right about needing a smaller spring. I am inquiring with ewheels right now to see if they have any in stock, and if not, may have to do the alibaba or community trade :p

Edited by WILSONEUC

1 hour ago, WILSONEUC said:

I dont know why but im not feeling this wheel 100% like I do with the Patton and Sherman S .   Maybe its my tire choice, maybe its also my suspension choice as well. (Maybe I need to STFU and just ride it some more and give it more time....:lol:.)

Every new wheel, im not concerned about the performance, but how it feels, how it handles and this one just....well...im not sure   lol

(BUT performance is reallllly great , there is no denying that)

The suspension I chose was the 70lb suspension (185 lb clothed, ~196lb Geared ~202lb with a work pack.)

-I tried measuring my sag and i barely make it to the min-sag (no preload = all threads of the 18mm suspension adjustment socket are showing)

-Rebound ~8 clicks from the left tested on shitty side walks and broken down , New England town roads. 

-Compression  ~2 clicks from the left. 

-Suspension feels some what close to feel I had on my Patton, but the Patton and Sherman S suspension settings i have on those are night and day, and better than my Lynx 70lb.
*I may consider inquiring about ordering the 62lb (which are on my Patton and Sherman S), or take a chance and get the one in between.
-eWheels is suggesting i should ride it more to "break it in"... I don't know about that.

The tire choice, initially I put on 244 on it. Users in the forums stated they had no rubbing or didn't need to shave. My experience is different and had significant rubbing. I took the tire off and put the 241 on it.,  Higher PSI ~28psi feels weird and need time to adjust to it. Lower psi at 21psi feels planted, and compound feels rock hard at the psi. 

Lifting it up the stair, the Lynx feels the heaviest out of the 3 wheels. Sherman S was my heavier wheel but it felt compact enough that the forces of gravity didn't make it feel unbearable. Patton is light enough and my preferred choice for quick ride, and a quick up and down stairs. LYNX , i need to put a lot of effort bringing up and down stairs. Very odd!

So that is that. I will give it more time to acclimate and see what happens after I ride it some more.

I think 70lb might be a bit much for that riding weight and that 66lb is the better choice.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:38 PM, joyrider said:

Looking at the front of my mudguard, there is clearly more space of the left side (right from the front) in between the case and battery. Hoping it's just not perfectly aligned and not wheel related.

Glad I posted this as I forgot which side had more clearance. Took drivers side off, installed pre-shaved Shinko 244. One of the brass inserts for mudguard riser was stripped. Back together and clearance isn't a problem but mudguard is still crooked enough to catch a knob and ride against battery case. Not looking forward to taking other side off especially since I was ready to finally ride today with weather. Weeks of rain before and more coming. Anyone have any idea why  this mudguard is so cockeyed? Maybe 2 bolts are too tight? They were cranked down tight and replaced the same way.

Edited by joyrider
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joyrider said:

Glad I posted this as I forgot which side had more clearance. Took drivers side off, installed pre-shaved Shinko 244. One of the brass inserts for mudguard riser was stripped. Back together and clearance isn't a problem but mudguard is still crooked enough to catch a knob and ride against battery case. Not looking forward to taking other side off especially since I was ready to finally ride today with weather. Weeks of rain before and more coming. Anyone have any idea why  this mudguard is so cockeyed? Maybe 2 bolts are too tight? They were cranked down tight and replaced the same way.

Nope. It looks like the power cable pulls the whole thing to the passenger side. Can't really add a spacer. If I can zip tie it on this side to pull it over a tad maybe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais je ne ressens pas cette roue à 100% comme je le fais avec la Patton et la Sherman S. C'est peut-être mon choix de pneus, peut-être aussi mon choix de suspension. (Peut-être que j'ai besoin de STFU et de le monter encore un peu et de lui donner plus de temps.... :mdr:.)

Chaque nouvelle roue, je ne suis pas préoccupé par les performances, mais par ce qu'elle ressent, comment elle se comporte et celle-ci juste... eh bien... je ne suis pas sûr mdr

(MAIS les performances sont vraiment excellentes, c'est indéniable)

La suspension que j'ai choisie était la suspension de 70 lb (185 lb habillée, ~ 196 lb à engrenage ~ 202 lb avec un pack de travail.)

-J'ai essayé de mesurer mon affaissement et j'arrive à peine au minimum d'affaissement (pas de précharge = tous les filetages de la douille de réglage de suspension de 18 mm sont visibles)

-Rebond ~8 clics depuis la gauche testé sur des trottoirs merdiques et en panne, sur des routes urbaines de la Nouvelle-Angleterre. 

-Compression ~2 clics depuis la gauche. 

-La suspension semble proche de celle que j'avais sur mon Patton, mais les réglages de suspension Patton et Sherman S que j'ai sur ceux-ci sont jour et nuit, et meilleurs que ceux de mon Lynx 70 lb.
*Je pourrais envisager de me renseigner sur la commande du 62 lb (qui se trouve sur mon Patton et mon Sherman S), ou tenter ma chance et obtenir celui entre les deux.
-eWheels suggère que je devrais le conduire davantage pour le "roder"... Je n'en sais pas.

Le choix des pneus, au départ j'ai mis du 244 dessus. Les utilisateurs des forums ont déclaré qu'ils n'avaient pas de frottement ou qu'ils n'avaient pas besoin de se raser. Mon expérience est différente et a eu des frottements importants. J'ai enlevé le pneu et mis le 241 dessus. Un PSI plus élevé ~ 28 psi semble bizarre et a besoin de temps pour s'y adapter. Un psi inférieur à 21 psi semble planté, et le composé semble très dur au psi. 

En le soulevant dans l'escalier, le Lynx semble être la plus lourde des 3 roues. Sherman S était ma roue la plus lourde, mais elle me semblait suffisamment compacte pour que les forces de gravité ne la rendent pas insupportable. Patton est assez léger et mon choix préféré pour une conduite rapide et une montée et descente rapides des escaliers. LYNX, je dois faire beaucoup d'efforts pour monter et descendre les escaliers. Très étrange!

Voilà donc ça. Je vais lui donner plus de temps pour s'acclimater et voir ce qui se passe après l'avoir roulé encore un peu.

I weigh like you and am 66lbs. It's perfect for me with a preload of 25mm, just 1 ring. I rode a 244 tubeless, of course you have to shave 1mm off each side and heat the mudguard a little to give it the right shape. The wheel is nicer and more maneuverable than with the Kenda. I think the lynx is fantastic. For the stairs, I don't lift her, she knows how to climb by holding her on the handles. But putting it in a car trunk I take it by the front handle and the crutch or a nylonove pedal.

To adjust the mudguard, I used a pétanque ball and a heat gun.  I heated and passed the ball, pressing to slightly separate the sides of the mudguard.  after putting the mudguard back together, I fine-tuned the fit by heating it to give the correct curvature.

• Like 2