What is the tire size for the extreme?

onewheelkoregro

20 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

All US based websites and influencers state it is 16" but almost all the European sites lost it as an 18" wheel like this website https://www.eucfinder.com/wheels/extreme

So what is the actual tire size somebody please!

Begode Extreme tire size:

3.00-12

Time-stamped.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

The rim is the same diameter as the 16in wheels out there. A tiny V8 or Ninebot E measures close to 16in on the tire diameter.

18in is what sites write as the tire diameter because it's got a massive tire. Tall and wide.

12in is the rim diameter of the wheels we call 16in.

So why call the tires two different numbers? It's because bike tires commonly show the tire diameter and heavy duty motorcycle tires show the rim diameter. Eucs kind of fall inbetween those two.

Personally I find these 12in tires troubling. At the very least they require suspension IMO. Because they're heavy duty, they're also less flexible and less comfortable than bike tires IMO.

It you don't have suspension I recommend to not use motorcycle tires, if you value comfort.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2023 at 12:18 AM, alcatraz said:

It you don't have suspension I recommend to not use motorcycle tires, if you value comfort.

That’s kinda opposite the opinion of most riders. I have had two motorcycle tires on my monster pro and both were wayyyy more comfy than the stock tire. Motorcycle tires offer thicker but softer compounds than soften the bumps of the road. Usually all moto tires are more comfortable then bicycle/stock shit we get with our EUC’s.

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

That’s kinda opposite the opinion of most riders. I have had two motorcycle tires on my monster pro and both were wayyyy more comfy than the stock tire. Motorcycle tires offer thicker but softer compounds than soften the bumps of the road. Usually all moto tires are more comfortable then bicycle/stock shit we get with our EUC’s.

Sure you're not thinking of suspension wheels?

Here's my experience (if anyone's asking, I know they aren't :lol:)

Tubeless tires have thick sidewalls. It's easy to ride on the sidewalls if you drop the pressure. It gives unpredictable turning behavior. 

My gripe is that sidewalls are so reinforced, it makes the center soft by comparison. You drop the pressure and the center buckles and you ride the stiff sidewalls. 

On a soft sidewall tire the sidewalls bulge outward, create a larger contact patch, load the center of the tire even at lower pressures. I've theorized that offroad tubeless tires do this so I'm not really blaming tubeless but generally speaking they've got thicker sidewalls.

Im curious Extreme is same tire like use PATTON in Wrongway review patton Adam destroy this tire thread after 1200Km to very bad state.

Have somebody same problem? How this tire survive big mileages?

image.thumb.jpeg.b04feb4e7651c25772f52f96c3140579.jpeg

On 9/26/2023 at 5:59 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I wrote an explanation for the tire size mess in this thread:

The Extreme is a "16 inch" (12 inch rim) wheel with a real tire diameter of close to 18 inches. (Replace "Patton" with "Extreme" in my reply, it is exactly the same thing.)

Thanks for that I have this thread saved in my browser actually. They really need to get together and come up with a standard measurement that they will all use. Not that hard

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

They really need to get together and come up with a standard measurement that they will all use. Not that hard

That would be ideal of course. But imagining Begode working together with Inmotion and others to create a standard makes me chuckle a bit. I doubt it would ever happen. They’d still find a way to +1 their specs.

Luckily though most wheel spec sheets already do announce the actual tire size (3.0-12 etc) being used. It does require a bit of knowledge to be able to ignore the 17”/18”/19”/20” “wheel size”, but at least it’s something.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That would be ideal of course. But imagining Begode working together with Inmotion and others to create a standard makes me chuckle a bit. I doubt it would ever happen. They’d still find a way to +1 their specs.

Luckily though most wheel spec sheets already do announce the actual tire size (3.0-12 etc) being used. It does require a bit of knowledge to be able to ignore the 17”/18”/19”/20” “wheel size”, but at least it’s something.

I appreciate the clarification. They should all just use motorcycle tires IMO

• Upvote 1