Testers Wanted for Our New "VersaVolt" Fast Charger! - FreeMotion Shop

FreeMotionShop

Hello EUC enthusiasts!

We at FreeMotion Shop are excited to introduce our latest creation: the VersaVolt Fast Charger for electric unicycles. Before it officially hits the market, we need the expertise of two avid EUC riders to test it out and provide us with invaluable feedback.

VersaVolt Charger Specifications:

• Voltage: Adjustable from 48v to 140v
  • Amperage: 12a
  • Equipped with multiple plug options

Tester Requirements:

1. Solid understanding of electric unicycles and electrical systems.
  2. Ability to create a short video or capture pictures demonstrating the VersaVolt in action.
  3. Commitment to offer honest feedback both privately to our team and as a public review on this forum.

How will we select our testers? Engagement matters! We're focusing on active members of this community. The more often a member has been referenced and engaged in comments here, the higher their chances of being chosen.

Perks for our Testers:

1. A brand-new VersaVolt charger, absolutely FREE!
  2. The satisfaction of being instrumental in refining the VersaVolt before its grand debut.

If you're interested in this unique opportunity, drop a comment below or PM us. Let's elevate the EUC charging experience together with VersaVolt!

Adam,

www.freemotionshop.com

Untitled Document (1).jpg

Edited by FreeMotionShop
  • Like 2

I would love to test this charger!  It looks great and I hope it works as good as it looks!

• Like 1

Hi Free Motion! I could test your product and take really good videos and pics of it!! Just let me know. I’ve been riding for 2 year, and have had 6 wheels so I know alot about wheels. Currently riding a master pro v2 witch would really put the charger to the test!

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

I'd be happy to test it and post a review of it on my YT channel (Wheel Good Time). I'm not super active on this particular forum, but I am active on Facebook groups. And of course I'm happy to provide feedback to you prior to its "official" release so you can iron out bugs before you release it to the public.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FreeMotionShop said:

Hello EUC enthusiasts!

We at FreeMotion Shop are excited to introduce our latest creation: the VersaVolt Fast Charger for electric unicycles. Before it officially hits the market, we need the expertise of two avid EUC riders to test it out and provide us with invaluable feedback.

Tester Requirements:

2. Ability to create a short video or capture pictures demonstrating the VersaVolt in action.
  3. Commitment to offer honest feedback both privately to our team and as a public review on this forum.

How will we select our testers? Engagement matters! We're focusing on active members of this community. The more often a member has been referenced and engaged in comments here, the higher their chances of being chosen.

Perks for our Testers:

2. The satisfaction of being instrumental in refining the VersaVolt before its grand debut.

If you're interested in this unique opportunity, drop a comment below or PM us. Let's elevate the EUC charging experience together with VersaVolt!

Adam,

www.freemotionshop.com

I would love to test and give my feed back. I ride almost every day i own multiple cameras to document charging, any issues that arise, as well as pros and cons. currently own 2 wheels, a kingsong S22 and a begode Mten4. I also ride with many riders who would be willing to share their thoughts as well

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FreeMotionShop said:

Hello EUC enthusiasts!

Tester Requirements:

Perks for our Testers:

Adam,

www.freemotionshop.com

I would be interested in testing a new charger. The charger i currently carry is very heavy and bulky in my bag. I am in the market for an alternative.

Would be good content for the channel, as im sure others are interested in this as well. 

Good luck to everyone on getting chosen! looking forward to seeing the reviews the winners post.

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for the interest! We've chosen our testers for now, but once we get the green light from them, we'll list the product for sale. As a big thank you for your enthusiasm, any of you looking to purchase will get a special discount. Appreciate all the support! 🙌

Adam,
www.freemotionshop.com

• Like 1

EUC rider and all things PEV hype man! Would love to test one out and make a review video! I got my RSHT from Free Motion and got V1 Pedals to try! I’m on Instagram and YT as MTNkingofthehill and you might have caught me recently trackside interviewing for Amped Electric Games! Appreciate the opportunity for the community and I hope you’ll consider this big fella from CO! 

• Like 1

Thanks. So bigger in all dimensions than the server chargers and heavier. But not knocking the product, it will be a good option for those that want a new charger rather than something with an unknown amount of use already on it. And lets face it, the used server chargers are highly likely to be removed because they are reaching their service hours..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 5:24 PM, FreeMotionShop said:

Hello EUC enthusiasts!

Tester Requirements:

Perks for our Testers:

Adam,

www.freemotionshop.com

I keep my Sherman and Sherman S sheltered, but open to outside air. It’s not the driest environment. I throw a welding blanket and an old coat over the wheels in winter. I ride almost every day, I prefer a low amp over higher amps. I like the ability to quickly charge when needed. I use an EUC Watch and DarknessBot to monitor my wheels. Friends nearby have a Patton and Monster Pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my full thoughts on it. It charges blisteringly fast, which is fantastic. It charges my Begode EUCs with no problem whatsoever, and has the potential to exceed the Extreme's charge board's 10A capability, so I charged at 10a max current but didn't try to exceed that.

I'm not sure how much say you have in this charger's manufacture to make changes, but here is my feedback: It would have been nice to see what the exact output voltage is in tenths, but I used a multimeter to fine-tune it to 134.4V. The screen's readout is a LITTLE bit off, but nothing too concerning in my opinion. The charger looks very nice and very professionally made. It's rather bulky, but that should be expected when you have high voltage and high current potential so it's not a bad thing when keeping that in mind. I noticed when the fan powers on, it is about as loud as this one (pictured) which charges at up to 8A. My Begode EUCs are only capable of charging at 10A max per port, due to limitations on GX20-4 ports and the Begode charge board limit, but other EUCS can take higher currents if they had a splitter. My Master Pro could handle up to 14A if a splitter was used. If possible, I recommend selling this charger with only one connector attachment with a splitter in order to dissipate heat potential, and maximize Charging capability for EUCs with dual charge ports. Charging your V13 at that current level is impressive, but it does exceed the rated current of (technically) 5A per port for the V13's GX16-6 connector, so I think by splitting it you would mitigate any potential overheating/blown boards/fire issues. For my needs, with the Extreme's 10A current capacity, this works perfectly fine with only one connector without a splitter. I think you could make more money by selling it with one single (split/dual) charge port connector of the buyer's choosing, rather than 5 different ones that they might never use. By doing that you could even possibly save a few $$$ on the overhead cost for yourself.

I am finishing my first charge with it and am overall very happy with it. I like the fine-tuning adjustability of the voltage and current that you can set it to for a variety of EUCs. I thought it odd that the top of the charger says it's only capable of 132V at up to 12A, even though it can do much more. I was worried right away when I opened the box that it might not be able to charge all the way to 134V, but I was wrong - it does charge fully, but the label was a bit misleading. I'd recommend having that changed if possible prior to mass production, just so you don't get a bunch of customers thinking they got the wrong product, or worse, tricked. I'm not sure if this charger turns the loud fan off after completing the charge, but that would be a nice feature to have, if possible. My "other" chargers do that, and is a nice auditory indicator that the charge is complete and then I don't need to manually turn off the charger to make the fan noise stop. This charger will likely be my "go to" charger for my master pro, since it is capable of such high current, but the fan not turning off after the charge is complete is a mild irritation. Changing to a different voltage is easy enough with the included jeweler's screwdriver and the tiny potentiometer on the outside, but it's not easy to just shift it between a 134.4V EUC and a 126V EUC. That's not something that I plan to do hardly at all since my EUCs are all 134V systems, but it might be nice to make the voltage adjuster hand-adjustable as well. But as it is right now, for my purposes, it works great.

Here's the part that I was unsure about writing yet, but I'll just say it at the risk of being wrong: I set the charging voltage to 134.45V, and then as it approached 134v, the current slowed down. That's good and just as I expected. After the EUC reached 134.0V, it stopped charging, and over the next few hours, with my Extreme turned on, the voltage very slowly dropped to around 132V, and I couldn't get it to top up again and reach 134.4V. I was hoping to see it balance the battery cells when it reaches 134.4v, but I'm not sure if it's user error, so I'm hesitant to say there's something wrong with it or if it's just me.

387550700_1443792286178053_9037957088619304898_n.jpg

387549376_871124871350112_4604786198164184920_n (1).jpg

387532486_285801127675350_4295479008316942918_n.jpg

387550461_1443236526247354_7541196117786867347_n.jpg

387549376_871124871350112_4604786198164184920_n.jpg

Edited by Rfail1988
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...