Ninebot one E or InMotion V3?

Laws

Get the Ninebot One E+. I haven't ridden a dual wheel and I'm a little bias because I have a Ninebot One:D. There are a lot of other brands that are out that good as well. Take a look at the reviews of the different wheels elsewhere in this forum. Good luck with your decision.

The two-wheel versions are definitely easier, but don't have as much of a "cool" factor. On the other hand, a unicycle is cool but will take you some time to master. If you have a basement, or an empty parking lot nearby where nobody can see you, just practice for a week to get good. Then take it out and show your friends, be like, "Oh yeah just got this today and it was so easy to learn!" :D

@SerpentineGX I agree the Ninebot looks good! Did you learn on that wheel as well? Do you let other people try it out? I like having my old $300 "beater" wheel so I can let other people try it out when I ride, or take it off-road where it might get dirty or banged up. So @Ghada Albadri if you have lots of friends get a cheap wheel so you won't be mad if they scratch it. :lol:

I don't think many people here have experience riding a dual-wheel... Personally, I'd go with the Ninebot One E (btw, just got the word today that my Ninebot has finally arrived to country, but the shipment to the dealer is currently stuck in customs, hope to get it next week). I've only ridden my no-name 14" single-wheel so far, but I've really liked it. Learning to ride it good takes some time, but at least in my case, after three and half weeks, it's pretty easy (except going backwards ;)). Ninebots appear to be among the highest quality wheels around (fairly powerful motor at 500W (rated) / 1500W (peak), good insulation from water and dust, not many QA issues), only con I know is the not-so-big battery (240Wh for E, 320Wh for E+). The 240Wh should be good for 15-20km ride per charge though.

I can't speak from experience, but I'd expect dual-wheels to be more stable and a lot easier to start with. The problems I see with those are that it could be harder to learn to lean sideways (for turning), as one of the wheels lifts off the ground and you're suddenly riding single-wheeled (probably not a problem after some practicing), and if the other wheel hits a bump or rock and gets stuck in it, it could throw you sideways. Plus, I think it might not be as much fun as a single wheel anyway, but could be wrong. Doing "slalom" (fast side-to-side leans/throws with your legs to "zigzag" between obstacles or just for the fun of it) could also be more problematic with a dual-wheel, as one wheel would come of ground when leaning, then both wheels would slam to ground turning the other way and again the other wheel would come off ground... probably someone with experience on dual-wheels could chime in on these issues.

Also, which ever wheel you decide to get, I'd suggest getting some safety gear also (knee and elbow pads, wrist protectors and a helmet might not be a bad idea). Many people ride without any protection, and it's their choice, but you can get seriously hurt in a fall.

If you buy a dual wheel, you will leave it at the back of your garage after a few weeks and buy a single wheel anyway.
Cheapest, easiest & most satisfactory thing for you, would be to go for the Ninebot.

That's my opinion ;)

I'm also new to this, but I have tried out a dual wheel and a single.  The dual was much easier to learn, but the single is much more fun to ride.  But it does have a longer learning curve.  I'm about a week in practicing on a rented Airwheel and I'm feeling good.  I plan to buy a Ninebot E.

@SerpentineGX I agree the Ninebot looks good! Did you learn on that wheel as well? Do you let other people try it out? I like having my old $300 "beater" wheel so I can let other people try it out when I ride, or take it off-road where it might get dirty or banged up. So @Ghada Albadri if you have lots of friends get a cheap wheel so you won't be mad if they scratch it. :lol:

Yes, I learned on this wheel. I let family and some friends try it. I even let a couple strangers get a taste of it too. But for the most part I'm usually moving around and "have to be somewhere" so I don't let them. ​I thought about getting a cheaper wheel when I was shopping for a wheel so I can keep my wheel all nice and spiffy. But ultimately I decided it would be cheaper to buy replacement parts for my wheel (new rings, pedals, battery, misc.) than to buy a clone. When I do eventually get another wheel this will be (or should be) a great used wheel.

If you have the opportunity, before you commit to the Ninebot, especially the E+, see if you can view one in person, mainly to assess the weight. In my experience (we sell Ninebots), many female riders are deterred from the heavier wheels (and the E+ is the heaviest single 16" wheel you can buy). There might be cheaper, lighter options that are a better match for you.    

I have both wheels, Ninebot one E and in motion V3.  

So im not going to go on about how good the E is, your know that by now just by reading post. 

The  dual wheel In Motion V3 Is a top piece of kit, very well made and a great app that goes with it. You can limit top speed, and change the voice prompts. For instance when the female voice says " warning speed alert" when at top speed , you can record your own voice to something like " warning face plant alert" all of these can be switch off. 

So onto the ride itself, this is a hard one for me as I learnt my riding craft on an airwheel x8, without training wheels, I actually bought the In Motion for my wife, so we can go zooming around together. Anyway, without a doubt it's so much easier to learn and ride, it's got some great addition like it keeps very stable when stepping on, it's almost like a brake keeping still until your settled. It's no way a nimble as a single wheel for turning and takes some time getting used to how it feels when going from wheel to wheel. It does however make incredibly tight turns when you no how. One thing that does take a long time to control is camber, if the road/pathway cambers off to the side, the wheel then tilts to match the camber as you've got two wheels making contact with the surface, it's hard to explain, so you spend a lot of time adjusting to compensate this side to side effect, a single wheel, you never register your on a camber like you don't when on a push bike  

Its as fast as you need, but the battery isn't brilliant, but unless your commuting on it you should be fine. 

So my honest opinion is the Ninebot is better, but takes time to master as a pro, where as the duel wheel you be on and riding as a pro in a hour, if you have a partner, who's not that interested in this hobby get the Inmotion first, then learn to ride on that before buying the much rumoured Ninebot one P. And get your partner on the Inmotion like I have, surprisingly my wife loves her wheel. I doubt she will ever ride a single wheel. 

More great addition is the speakers, although the thought of playing your tunes while riding sounds naff, it's actually quite good. We often sit on a bench in the sun listening to music. 

Hope this helps

With a dually, you can extremely slow and even stand still on one, better if in crowded sidewalks, and lots of stop and go areas, I like it... But I want the E+ or the Extreme, have not been on a single wheel, and no one around that has one...

Going slow can definitely be a challenge since you need to have at least a little forward speed. However, I have practiced and can juggle the wheel a little between my legs to move very little at all. It's definitely no problem to maintain control while following people walking really slow. Some people have mastered "idling" where you just move back and forth on the wheel to keep balance. but that burns up battery power faster.

Archived