Help opening up a King Song

euc12321

I have a 14" King Song and got a flat tire while riding the other day. I started trying to fix my wheel by opening up the case, but have had difficulty and didn't want to force it for fear of damaging it.

I've remove essentially all the screws but the case (especially the handle part) will not come apart. Do any King Song have some insight?

Thanks!

Have you removed the screws around the edge of the side panels under the padding?

You have to remove both side panels and the internals, batteries and control panel to access the internal screws that hold the case together.

I have not even tried yet to open my KS14c but know I will at some point!

Please @Cloud would you be so kind to share any and all info that you may have PMed to @euc12321 concerning this info!

@euc12321, May I ask how you got a flat? Sorry the @ function did not work a second time?

Thanks in advance, ukj

1 hour ago, Gimlet said:

Have you removed the screws around the edge of the side panels under the padding?

You have to remove both side panels and the internals, batteries and control panel to access the internal screws that hold the case together.

There is no need to remove the casing screws to maintain the tire. Also no need to remove batteries and control panel. The best way is to disconnect the motor connections on the board and pull the wheel out from the bottom

46 minutes ago, UKJ said:

I have not even tried yet to open my KS14c but know I will at some point!

Please @Cloud would you be so kind to share any and all info that you may have PMed to @euc12321 concerning this info!

@euc12321, May I ask how you got a flat? Sorry the @ function did not work a second time?

Thanks in advance, ukj

Will do

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

There is no need to remove the casing screws to maintain the tire. Also no need to remove batteries and control panel. The best way is to disconnect the motor connections on the board and pull the wheel out from the bottom.

I was just saying how to split the case which I've had to do to swap the control board on mine. I've never had to do a puncture in any of my wheels as they are all dosed with Slime to prevent punctures.

You still have to remove the side panels to disconnect the motor cable, plus how do you feed the motor cable back up through the casing?

34 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

I was just saying how to split the case which I've had to do to swap the control board on mine. I've never had to do a puncture in any of my wheels as they are all dosed with Slime to prevent punctures.

You still have to remove the side panels to disconnect the motor cable, plus how do you feed the motor cable back up through the casing?

Well, even to replace the control board you dont need to separate the two halves of the casing. It can all be done theought the side panels. To replace the tire you should be ok just removing the side panel on the side of the charging port. The motor cable will feed on the side of the charging port through the battery compartment and the hold at bottom of the battery compartment. The motor cable doesnt go thru the casing, it connects to the control board from the battery compartment

i myself in the beginning made the same mistake of taking apart the casing like 6 times to replace the tire. The i realized its not the most efficient way

I have some pics that might help you. It is a step by step guide how to dismantle the King Song 14 inch.  Hopefully I never have to do this. I have used the Slime product on my kid's bike tire and it does work well. 

Keep in mind guys that some models have the control board mounted on the top, not the sides. Unfortunately, this makes it a lot harder to take apart, but it's still doable. On my 500W 14c 340Wh, the board is mounted across the top, and I have to completely remove it and disconnect all wires just to be able to change a tire. :(

Archived