The more I look...

the less I know.

(first post for me so hello everyone)

I am riding a 16x at the moment and I completely love it.   I found it sketchy at first but after a few hundred Ks, I got it.

I then changed the old worn tyre and it became a joy to ride.     Its completely bog standard. 

Now I'm at the stage of looking for my second wheel now I have a bit more of an idea, so need some advice.

I ride on road and love carving , trying to lay it over a bit.   

I'm more about Corners and speed so maybe a racing style wheel??

I'm really after a wheel with better top speed and more range .  It does need to still be flickable. 

I DON'T want a v12 (too many stories)  , v13 (too big and burly) , kingsong (hate the slider suspension idea) .

I'm not sure I even need suspension either but happy to hear if Id be missing out. 

Like the idea of the EXN and the Shermax (getting expensive)  .  Patton too. 

Any other recommendations from you guys??

cheers

• Like 3

I am not sure what flickable means, but EXN and Shermax are both reputable wheels (the EXN is a Begode though and they are known for generally worse QC and waterproofing). Suspension is something I recommend you should at least try. Is there someone/somewhere you can lend an EUC from? In addition to comfort and off-road bliss suspension provides a degree of safety by absorbing some of the surprises we miss on the road. And safety is welcome at high speeds. At the same time suspension adds to cost, weight, complexity (i.e. maintenance and repairs)

• Like 1

i agree with techyiam,  test ride eucs you are interested in.  and test ride some eucs that you would never think you would get,  just to confirm that you really dont want that euc OR you may be pleasantly surprised...

• Like 1

Hello, the 2023 V12HT is interesting on the country road, in the city, in the sun, in the rain, in the daytime, at night, for heavy riders, light riders, without app on phone, without payment at 15 , better than a sherman tank in the bus, the train, the trunk of the car, on the stairs of the building.

9 hours ago, varamontelo said:

the 2023 V12HT

is there any advantage to this over the 16x? I have ridden with someone from a group who had the ht and they seemed the same power wise.

5 hours ago, grayzeee said:

I would want next wheel to be able to do 70kph without a prob .

4 minutes ago, Uras said:
9 hours ago, varamontelo said:

the 2023 V12HT

is there any advantage to this over the 16x? I have ridden with someone from a group who had the ht and they seemed the same power wise

The top speed of the V12 HT is 60 km/h. 

14 hours ago, grayzeee said:

I would want next wheel to be able to do 70kph without a prob . 

I would advice you to get a suspension wheel in that case, especially for the safety feature of protecting you against bumps you don't see until its too late.

I'm waiting on a Patton I've ordered myself (been waiting so god damn long now). 

I feel the hype of this years wheels so It's hard not to recommend you the Patton or the Commander Mini or the Begode Extreme.

The Patton is a bit expensive compared to the others and I'm not sure its worth it for me, If I was to order today (not 65 days ago) and I could get a great deal on the commander mini then maybe I would go that route, on the other hand there are stores that got the Patton in stock now so not having to wait on a boat from china is also a huge plus. Maybe less important for you as you live so close to them, idk.

What kind of range are you looking for? This factor might be what tips the scale to an even bigger wheel like a EX30, alternatively if you expect to rarely use the full range of a bigger wheel you could put a fast charger in your backpack for those days and stop and charge somewhere while getting some food.

Edited by Poker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Uras said:

is there any advantage to this over the 16x? I have ridden with someone from a group who had the ht and they seemed the same power wise.

Official tire mounted on V12HT is a dangerous one from my experience :

image.png.aa5f69a80f7d0fb9d4f9a3b99ae61628.png

(have a look to the middle ... only offroad tire ?)

1 hour ago, Poker said:

I feel the hype of this years wheels so It's hard not to recommend you the Patton or the Commander Mini or the Begode Extreme.

Def been looking at these . awaiting the release of the extreme to make a better decision .  

I think the Patton would be a brilliant choice

The 16x is a very good wheel that's hard to replace. How about owning two wheels?

I'm saying this because if you size up it's not going to be great for shorter rides. Commutes, shopping runs etc.

Besides, if there's a problem, having a backup wheel is a great thing to have until the other has been fixed.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Thanks 1

I think that to avoid reviewing all the arguments of the many members of a large forum with all the brands of each similar product, you have to reread some of the topics. I know it's long, but we won't have a new topic yet that puts several wheels in competition. Otherwise we will still defend our favorite wheel for nothing because few wheelers here are trading, we are many individual or group riders but few shops. This is my idea for a new buyer who wants to make his choice with true features today. He doesn't have time to read the impressions of the previous year. I respect the observation of former members rolling on wheels with qualities that the author of the topic is looking for. Testing for it on several brands would also be helpful. I would lend but I'm far away.

Commander Mini seems to be the wheel you want.

Followed by the Commander Pro for less flickability but more range.

Or the Patton. Or the Master (with suspension upgrade)

My favourite wheel is the Master. Older but still very capable.

16 hours ago, Uras said:

I don't know the 16x closely. You are right the power of the two wheels is similar with the weight of the wheeler and its backpack for long distances.
The transistor problems of the HT can be found until around july 2022. Have other brands publicly acknowledged any issues when offering to replace motherboards? That's another debate and other topics.

Edited by varamontelo
month

Patton/Commander Mini/Extreme seem obvious, but you already have a wheel with this tire size. They would be more powerful, though.

Maybe you want to go bigger and go for a Sherman-S/Commander Pro/EX30? Or a Master, as a little lighter and less pricy alternative?

How much weight and price are you willing to accept?

Looking at your criteria; 70kmh, carving, flickable. For that speed alone I think you'd want a minimum 18" or larger wheel with a good street tyre (michelin pilot). You could easily rule out all the 16" wheels. Again, looking at the speed, 70kmh is going to require a lot of battery just to get that amount of energy to the motor, unless you're prepared to spend forever to get to 70kmh. I think you're really in big wheel territory. Alcatraz's suggestion above might be more realistic? Perhaps if you go that way you'll find that you use one wheel most of the time, if not all of the time, anyway, then sell the other wheel.

11 hours ago, Mango said:

Commander Mini seems to be the wheel you want.

Followed by the Commander Pro for less flickability but more range.

Or the Patton. Or the Master (with suspension upgrade)

My favourite wheel is the Master. Older but still very capable.

How would you rank the following wheels for stability and planted feel when travelling at about 70 km/h: 

(1) Commander Mini

(2) Begode Extreme 

(3) Veteran Patton

(4) Kingsong S22

(5) Begode Master

Currently, the Mini is well priced, but the Master can be had for even cheaper. However, the Master needs an aftermarket linkage, shock, and fairing system for crash protection. All this add up in cost. Were the controller board and other electronic reliable in your case with the Master?

Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

Were the controller board and other electronic reliable in your case with the Master?

No. I got newer replacement cold weather chip and charge board from dealer but both seem to be buggy. It's okay. Master performance makes up for it.

Probably rank as Master > Extreme > Mini > Patton > S22 in terms of 70 km/hr stability, with the middle three very close in performance.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

great title to this topic !

considering that most new eucs in the past 12 months are, well, still relatively new,  i started looking back at past eucs that now have gone thru a few versions.  the bg master comes to mind (V4) and looking at this euc,  i dont see why this euc has been overlooked for those who (i am one of them) commute quite abit and primarily ride on the street most of the time.  it still has more than enuf power for my use and its suspension has been revised.  it may not have the plush ride that the veteran eucs have but for the price,  it makes up for that in power and speed.  the only thing i wonder is whether or not it has any glaring problems still,  with its latest V4 version.  problems with either the firmware, or suspension (which i havent seen any postings lately on the master topics...), or QC issues with its build...  i have tried to read some of the past postings of the master but i dont see much on the latest V4 version posted.