Just crashed

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

You probably need to look at the .csv file that was provided to understand why there is debate. I recognize that it might not point to the actual crash, but currently that's all we have to go by.

I read other peoples analysis of the csv file and trusted their input. It sounded like the file didn't have the crash on it. Most of your other points refer to the data in the, likely wrong, csv file so I'll just ignore those for now.

31 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No, it will tilt you back a good bit before it's overleaned. Kingsongs and Inmotions have a dynamic tilt-back that reacts to speed, battery level, and burden.

We've had plenty of reports on here and on YT where people are riding their 16X at close to 40% when a sudden acceleration results in a face plant. I'm sure the intention is that it should tilt back but (I suspect) the sudden drop in voltage caused by acceleration reduces the power to the point it can't keep balanced let alone provide any tilt back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm talking about the entire ownership of a wheel. Not one or two fast rides.

Who knows what sort of accelerated board wear occurs when you ride with a lower safety limit for years.

I'm trying to convey a long term perspective. Perhaps I should have mentioned that. The op seemed very disappointed. How can he minimize the risk etc, and be confident again.

I have played sports my whole life and I realize that things happen and I happened to be the jackass that got struck by lightning. I continued to ride home and just took it easier. I really can't wait for my new wheel to come

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Full refund? Or only what you had payed off? (You said that you where still paying it off..)

I guess Amazon refunds Affirm, then Affirm refunds me what I've paid so far which I will immediately put towards the EUC I am going to order. I am deciding whether I want to get an Inmotion V12 HS or a Begode Hero. Suspensions seems to be a nice thing to have

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I guess Amazon refunds Affirm, then Affirm refunds me what I've paid so far which I will immediately put towards the EUC I am going to order. I am deciding whether I want to get an Inmotion V12 HS or a Begode Hero. Suspensions seems to be a nice thing to have

What’s your budget and what do you want out of a wheel?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I highly recommend watching some wheel disassembly videos.. By seeing them - you can see how good the wheel actually are. Begode Hero would not be my first choice at all.

Also don't forget about weight 25kg vs 44kg. I hope you don't have any stairs, where you need to carry the dam thing. If weight isn't a problem. Check out Sherman lineup. Yup they are pricy.. But at least better built than some cheaper options.

If you don't need the extra speed V12 should be nice wheel. (Also if you ride roads, cruising a 18"+ wheel would be better option.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Funky said:

I highly recommend watching some wheel disassembly videos.. By seeing them - you can see how good the wheel actually are. Begode Hero would not be my first choice at all.

Also don't forget about weight 25kg vs 44kg. I hope you don't have any stairs, where you need to carry the dam thing. If weight isn't a problem. Check out Sherman lineup. Yup they are pricy.. But at least better built than some cheaper options.

If you don't need the extra speed V12 should be nice wheel. (Also if you ride roads, cruising a 18"+ wheel would be better option.)

Think I'm going to get a Hero from eWheels. I hear Jason has fabolous customer service so that's a plus knowing if anything goes wrong he will make it right

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

What’s your budget and what do you want out of a wheel?

Not trying to go into the $3000 dollar range but my job is 3 miles from my house and everything in my small town is within 10 miles so nothing too crazy. Roads aren't too bad

• Like 1

The Hero is actually a bit of an exception to the normal Gotway build quality in that it is a remarkably well built bit of kit. Marty Backe thinks they are excellent and under-appreciated, and I fully agree with him. Had I been able to get hold of one of those I may well have chosen it over the Master.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Think I'm going to get a Hero from eWheels.

So you potentially already over leaned a wheel and now you want to buy a Begode? Not for nothing but wouldn't you rather a wheel with a decent track record and safety's in place to keep you from over leaning a wheel again? You also want a wheel you will have to take apart and work on as well as one with no IP rating? You must love the abuse.... At least you can't go wrong with Ewheels, they are the best.

• Upvote 2

I see I have to jump in again as devil's advocate...

Yes, Begode's demand a lot of respect and skill from the rider, and you MUST be willing to get in there, waterproof it yourself (if you want to ride in rain of course) and maintain and check it yourself regularly. They are among the easiest wheels to disassemble and tyre change. You won't worry about overleans because enough power is there, and if you continue to ride at the speeds you are used to, there won't be overlean because you have such vast headroom to the safety margin. Not only that but if you use EUC World you can get Freestylers excellent PWM firmware which DOES you give addressable titltback, so you do still have that if you want it !

So if you are up to the maintenance, and there is no reason you shouldn't be if you have a basic range of tools (and read the right threads here), and you buy from a good dealer so can therefore source parts under warranty, then I'd say go for it - there no feeling quite like the Begode ride feel, which I would say is better than any other manufacturer out there, and the main reason I stick with them ! It'll be significantly heavier than what you are used to, and harder to control initially than your previous wheels, but within a month you will be zipping about on that with at least as much confidence as you had on the wheels before it !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Think I'm going to get a Hero from eWheels. I hear Jason has fabolous customer service so that's a plus knowing if anything goes wrong he will make it right

The hero is a decent wheel, more or less a rs with suspension. I know two riders with them. Better quality than begodes usual stuff. When approximately does it arrive? 

@onewheelkoregro You probably don't want to hear this, but I think that based on how you ride you would be happy with a King Song 18XL, yea, they were rude to you in that message calling you a learner, but you got all of your money back even though you likely fried something else, too. Begode is an inferior brand. Just buy the King Song from Jason because he likely gets better quality control than the Amazon wheels. Or just do what you want. lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

The hero is a decent wheel, more or less a rs with suspension. I know two riders with them. Better quality than begodes usual stuff. When approximately does it arrive? 

The UPS guy literally just picked up the wheel just now. So I might wait until the refund processes then just get the Hero from eWheels and get the 2 day shipping.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, chanman said:

but a little more cash to step up to the S22

It’s a nice wheel. I’ve ridden my buddies a few times. Very zippy. OP said he will never buy another kingsong………..🤷🏻‍♂️

The patton is only a bit more. 👀🤣

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Why does this 'inferior brand' still make the wheels with the best ride feel ?

I hate the Begode sway. Besides, modern Inmotion’s have over two million ride modes to choose from. Are you really sure that Begode’s three are ultimately better than any of them? I really don’t think they are. And I don’t think that you are in a position to claim that they would be.

The reasons why Begode gets flamed here are exactly what you described: Requires specific maintenance and a good source for warranty components. And 3rd party replacement parts to get the suspension work right. We’re riding on a single wheel, the base expectation should be that warranty items shouldn’t be needed. A failing board can hurt pretty bad, which he has first hand experience with. I’d choose my odds quite differently.

There isn’t a good match in the Inmotion line up to recommend for his use case though. One has to choose which wheel has the kinds of issues that one is prepared to live with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

And I don’t think that you are in a position to claim that they would be.

I think I'm in a position to claim it because I've read all the threads and seen all the videos where riders I massively respect attest to it. I am also not without experience of these wheels myself, though admittedly not for very long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I think I'm in a position to claim it because I've read all the threads and seen all the videos where riders I massively respect attest to it.

So, basically because that’s what they say in YouTube it must be true? :roflmao:
Yeah, my point still stands, even more erect than before.

Edited by mrelwood

9 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

So, basically because that’s what they say in YouTube it must be true?

Yes, the people I am talking about, absolutely, and the joy in their faces and the things they say, and the enthusiasm with which they do it convince me further it is the case. And these are, without exception, people who have spent AGES trying ALL the wheels. I really have lost count of all the times someone mentions the ride feel of Begode, and how much they love it. And I love mine, mostly for the sense of unlimited power and the joy of riding it - of course I will advocate for it, with the caveats I have already given, primarily being that you are the right sort of person to own one, which I appreciate isn't everyone...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

And these are, without exception, people who have spent AGES trying ALL the wheels.

So have I. I’m not naive enough to think that my “idols” would say anything other than their sole personal opinion, no matter how wrong it was. And when it comes to EUC YouTubers, nearly all of them are biased as crap, and usually don’t know even their own wheels very well since they need to get content out asap. You really think they’d go through the trouble of fine adjusting the Inmotion ride modes on a test wheel? As if! I’m surprised if I see someone try even all three on other wheels.

But you do you. Preach the gospel you choose.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

would say anything other than their sole personal opinion, no matter how wrong it was.

Facts can be wrong, but opinions are neither right or wrong, but unique to each rider, and of course each reviewer has one, and their own biases. But this does not mean they count for nothing. A lot of reviewers I follow make really well thought out, well researched videos, and discuss all aspects of the wheel in great detail over a large number of videos.  And when, over the years, you hear many many different people all saying the same thing about it, then the likelihood that they are all lying very much decreases. But anyway, I don't need to die on this hill defending them - I have mine, so that's me happy, and I agree with you fully that we should all buy the wheel that suits us best ! I wouldn't be in this conversation at all had someone not come out with a massive sweeping statement like calling the entire Begode brand, and by implication all their wheels 'inferior', when that is evidently not the case, as shown by the (relatively)vast numbers of people who had the choice, and chose them, or Gotway before them, not to mention the fact that nearly every time you see someone in a race, or winning one, they almost exclusively have a Begode between their legs doing it !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

Ninebot is superior though. Just compare the way the control board looks to Begode. Z10 controller looks like something professionally engineered and produced, while Begode's control board looks like something produced by high school AP Electronics class.Ninebot.png.5af19fe055547251db8b89a0bb8b8df8.pngThe King Song looks like they just couldn't make up their mind this time. Maybe that's why it failed on you @onewheelkoregro16X.png.36e3714328e93f3571c5488d5394bb38.pngit seems like the 18XL was done by a completely different team performing at a much higher level than the 16X team443469923_KingSong18XL.png.f1a2af8805cb3a44e229bc7ff27e0391.pngHero.png.004cf9c4078c4170b2989b00c73dc664.pngbegode.png.ee64b5b91f3d85e50c32f45416dca2b0.png1572222914_V12Board.png.e07ab81e4f2c9fb9d0d3e72e57ca30d3.pngThe Inmotion looks like they couldn't make up their minds this time either.

Edited by earthtwin
more comparisons discussion