Speedyfeet... little concerning?

Planemo

Has anyone else noticed that Speedyfeet's current stock looks a little...sparse?

Most of the stock available is older Inmotions (although they do list the V13) but theres not even any listings for later wheels like the EX30/Commander Pro/Sherman S etc.

I'm wondering if the Governments attitude of kicking the can down the road for yet another year whilst their get their asses into gear deciding on whether PEV's are going to be legal or not has put Speedy in a difficult financial position. Not to mention crippling rent/cost of living rises here in the UK.

I dearly hope that I'm wrong and things are fine for Ian but it's worrying me slightly. It may even be that Ian has decided to be mindful of anything from Begode/LeaperKim but they did list the Shermax so I'm not sure..

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

I was looking to buy an EUC from them due to watching all their great YouTube videos but as you said the range is very limited so I ended up purchasing a second hand one from eBay. 

Also their own forum electricpeople has just shut down and is moving to Facebook but I don’t blame them as everyone seems to use that data sucking site apart from me. 

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Has anyone else noticed that Speedyfeet's current stock looks a little...sparse?

Yes I have noticed that, and it does worry me a bit, not just because I am a Speedyfeet customer, but also because I really like the people there, and genuinely hope they are doing OK, and selling enough to survive, especially in the horrible economic conditions over here at the moment...

Their forum was not a big reason for me to choose them as my wheel guys, so I don't mind that drifting over to FB where I am also not, and I certainly don't blame them for doing that if it saves them money to do so. But I did used to enjoy their promo and informational /ride videos, and there hasn't been one of those for months, so it is a bit worrisome if that, and the lack of any new models indicates a slow bowing out...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Yeah you're right, I forgot to mention the total lack of videos which used to be pretty regular.

I wondered if the current situation had something to do with their tech leaving some time back. In such a small team, losing just one member of staff can be crippling especially when they're not a simple 'sales advisor'.

18 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I wondered if the current situation had something to do with their tech leaving some time back. In such a small team, losing just one member of staff can be crippling especially when they're not a simple 'sales advisor'.

Since I bought the Master from them back in Jun last year I have always dealt with a tech guy there called Andrew, and as far as I know he is still there, or at least he was about a month ago, when he kindly (and instantly) provided a replacement shock for my leaking one !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

a new model being announced 2 weeks after their first batch order (forcing them to reduce the price before the wheels have even arrived)

I certainly agree on this point. The business model looks scary as hell to me, not to mention the availability of parts for repair/warranty work which is a sure-fire way of pi$$ing off customers who bought a wheel just 6 months ago. Truth be told, this fact is scaring me off buying an EX20S, a wheel which has specs that would be perfect for me.

• Upvote 1

Brexit is problem for me like Czech Republic customer is realy PAIN buy anything from spedyfeet or e-riders this shops is practicaly "dead" for me becasue masive byrocratic problems with customs and registering like subject in custom CZ deputy. 

1000x easier is buy from any EU country.

Dont forget we have 2years! warranty to almost all EUC parts except battery but BMS is under 2y warranty etc.

Is hard be EUC seller in Europe.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess theres that too, Brexit also crucifed personal imports from China into the UK, or in fact from any EU country. The heady days of individuals buying wheels at a great discount from Ali are well over now :( For the same reasons, retail UK prices have also increased though which may be hitting people like Speedy pretty hard. It's a big ask for people to spend £4000 on an EUC in the UK hence what looks like their focus on the smaller wheels.

I have a feeling that E-rides are potentially getting around the UK>EU problem by having a warehouse in the EU. Don't quote me on that though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

you all are fucking getting euc legalized under any government... 

Presumably you meant to say the opposite of that, right ?! You mean 'actively banned' rather than legalized ?

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 7:58 PM, Planemo said:

Yeah I guess theres that too, Brexit also crucifed personal imports from China into the UK, or in fact from any EU country. The heady days of individuals buying wheels at a great discount from Ali are well over now :( For the same reasons, retail UK prices have also increased though which may be hitting people like Speedy pretty hard. It's a big ask for people to spend £4000 on an EUC in the UK hence what looks like their focus on the smaller wheels.

I have a feeling that E-rides are potentially getting around the UK>EU problem by having a warehouse in the EU. Don't quote me on that though.

it's not easy to do business in EU.

1 hour ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

it's not easy to do business in EU.

So true. We are having all kind of nasty safety and consumer right regulations restricting lucrative business opportunities :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eucner said:

So true. We are having all kind of nasty safety and consumer right regulations restricting lucrative business opportunities :rolleyes:.

safety and consumer right regulations is good and accepted ,

what complicated is VAT,additional tariffs,WEEE,package law,CE representative,UKCA, etc. everything needs to do once more in each country