Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

10 minutes ago, bpong said:

am i giving up non-suspended eucs ?  not a chance, ... i wont be selling my old T2 after the next purchase.  i may however,  sell my old glide3 cause 3 eucs is 1 too many... i have also entertained the idea of replacing my T2 with an RS19 (high speed)  but the T2 has nothing wrong with it so it will stay in my small collection for the time being.

3 is the perfect number of eucs. 🤣🤣 Everyone needs a large, medium and small. I was riding an menten4 last night for quite awhile. Man it was fun. Really like that wheel aaaaaaannnnddddd it’s a non suspension one to boot! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I just googled generic cell weights that said 60g for 21700. Datasheets are surely more precise, so 2.22-2.27kg is definitely what we should go with. :) That would make the 1200Wh Adventure roughly a 34.7kg wheel… Even the porky S16 does better! :roflmao:

That is a bit of a worry then especially now that Google is supposed to have an Ai helping with search results. Basically all quality 18650m cells are 48-49gm and 21700 cells 68-71gms. I did see a video comparing these Japanese/Korean cells to some knock-off Chinese 18650 which claimed about 3x more capacity but if fact had 3x less. Unsurprisingly the Chinese cells weighed ~35gm.

I can't see the Adventure running safely on 2 packs. The draw of the 4000W motor with just 1200Wh of 10A cells (Samsung G ~ 9.8A continuous/~14.5A burst).

I alway thought the OG Sherman motor (2500W) had more than enough speed but lacked a little torque. Putting it in a 16 wheel would be perfect (for me). Then raising the voltage 25% makes it ~3kW (Patton) and regains the speed and without adding weight. (Though the suspension wheels have bigger/heavier bearings).

If the V14 motor is derived from the V13 then it is a heavy beast. Ecodrift weighed the V13 motor and tire at 17.7kg. eWheels says the Begode C38 motor with tire is 13.6kg (30lbs). That is quite a difference even allowing for the V13 larger tire/rim.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

the Extreme can be purchased for $2300 on EUC Deals.

I’m not sure if EUC Deals is a fair comparison. In my understanding they don’t offer reseller warranties nor maintenance, so I would imagine many buyers to avoid them due to that.

They don’t seem to sell any Inmotions or Veterans. Actually one might think that they get the Begode prices closer to what the wheels are actually worth.

There’s a guy in Sweden, just a rider, selling EUCs without a shop or a store. His prices seem to reflect EUC Deals prices pretty well. Comparing his or EUC Deals’ (possible) Adventure price to their Begode prices would probably be a better comparison.

40 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m not sure if EUC Deals is a fair comparison. In my understanding they don’t offer reseller warranties nor maintenance, so I would imagine many buyers to avoid them due to that.

They don’t seem to sell any Inmotions or Veterans. Actually one might think that they get the Begode prices closer to what the wheels are actually worth.

From what I've heard from a local EUC dealer is that Begode will give you close to wholesale, dealer pricing if you can buy 10+ wheels which isn't great for the local retailers obviously because they offer a warranty. I'm not sure InMotion or Leaperkim will do that but of course I'm not a dealer so I don't know, it's just what I've heard.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FarkyJ said:

shame we aint got these deals in eu...the mini i would buy tomorrow right away...the mini isnt still on eu shops the extreme and adventure laready are...

Be happy. We can benefit from the fact that the overseas crash test dummies do test everything and find faults before the wheels end up with the responsible riders in the EU approx. 4 months later  Meanwhile watch YT "Let's a get startet with this....:cheers:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DavidB said:

If the V14 motor is derived from the V13 then it is a heavy beast.

why on earth would they do that :) The v13 needs that big motor because it's a 22" wheel. Even with that big ass motor it will never have the torque (to ground) of these 16" wheels.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, bpong said:

the link below is a rambling video from chooch tech.  IMO, its a video primarily about his opinions about the wheel,  containing no more factual information other than what we have gathered from the 2 released teasers.  i get the feeling he is trying abit too hard to pitch this wheel.  you better have a medium or large coffee or energy drink before viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TvHebPA-Q

I stopped watching his videos. He comes across as a sychophant to inmotion

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

There’s a guy in Sweden, just a rider, selling EUCs without a shop or a store. His prices seem to reflect EUC Deals prices pretty well. Comparing his or EUC Deals’ (possible) Adventure price to their Begode prices would probably be a better comparison.

You are correct, many riders will not order from a place that doesn't have a full warranty.  I believe EUC deals does have a brief, parts-only warranty.  The point was, there are many places to get Begode/EB wheels at dealer pricing.  This availability still exerts pricing pressure on the sales of other brands that are less easily found at the discounted prices.  So, many riders are looking at the discounted Begode prices and thinking of how much extra $$$ they will need to sink into it to get a complete wheel.  The fully customized Extreme cost is ~equal to an Adventure or Patton out of the box.  Whether these are "fair" comparisons is somewhat irrelevant - it is the reality of what people can get for their money.

Purchasing from Ali levels the playing field a little, but that is a more involved process.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My local dealer in Thailand offers this wheel for roughly $3000 as a super early bird. The catch is that I have to pay full price now and get a wheel hopefully in December

2 hours ago, Ro.man said:

My local dealer in Thailand offers this wheel for roughly $3000 as a super early bird. The catch is that I have to pay full price now and get a wheel hopefully in December

I hope you better know how to get your money back if the deal goes sour! I wouldn't trust a dealer in Thailand unless I am there. So far, I haven't seen or heard of any shipping logistics from Thailand to outside of Thailand being feasible or trouble free!

I want an Inmotion Adventure so bad I can't stand it. Maybe if I can get an agreement from local businesses to sponsor me to wear their T-shirt around I can buy one. I really really want one. I gotta think of a way to pay for it. It costs too much!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

I want an Inmotion Adventure so bad I can't stand it. Maybe if I can get an agreement from local businesses to sponsor me to wear their T-shirt around I can buy one. I really really want one. I gotta think of a way to pay for it. It costs too much!

I rarely ride trails. Mostly for commuting. So I'm probably going to go for a different EUC other than the Adventure. Price and specs are both not what I'm looking for

11 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I rarely ride trails. Mostly for commuting. So I'm probably going to go for a different EUC other than the Adventure. Price and specs are both not what I'm looking for

I don't ride trails often either but I would love a wheel with suspension because many of the roads here in California are in such poor condition. I was considering the Patton but the amount of screws on that thing makes it very inconvenient to do any work on. Still, I imagine many buy these trail wheels for their versatility and use them as a commuter. That's why eWheels sells the Patton with a street tire as an option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ro.man said:

Yes, in Thailand now. I negotiated to pay only 20% now and the rest when they get the wheel in Bangkok.

ro.man;

dont you want to wait till you see some factual information on the V14 before depositing your money ?  or did you negotiate the down payment on purpose to give yourself an 'out' if you needed it ?

im waiting to see if the V14 is actually well received.  if so,  then i plan to simply buy it via cash since a refund in a cash transaction is 100% - there are no xtra fees or penalties that the seller takes such as in a credit purchase...

Edited by bpong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

If I had an Inmotion Adventure, then I would be like Tiger tiger.png.0209b7f7aeaae3083dad886b0421ab22.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MandatoryFun said:

I don't ride trails often either but I would love a wheel with suspension because many of the roads here in California are in such poor condition. I was considering the Patton but the amount of screws on that thing makes it very inconvenient to do any work on. Still, I imagine many buy these trail wheels for their versatility and use them as a commuter. That's why eWheels sells the Patton with a street tire as an option.

M.F.;

i prefer to have an over-engineered wheel as my next wheel just for those occasions where as you pointed out,  the road is in very bad condition.  i have ridden a non-suspended wheel on bad road conditions and the only way i did it was at a snails pace,  weaving around obstacles and pot holes,  and occasionally dipping in and out of large pot holes.  not fun at all and very fatiguing, ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bpong said:

ro.man;

dont you want to wait till you see some factual information on the V14 before depositing your money ?  or did you negotiate the down payment on purpose to give yourself an 'out' if you needed it ?

im waiting to see if the V14 is actually well received.  if so,  then i plan to simply buy it via cash since a refund in a cash transaction is 100% - there are no xtra fees or penalties that the seller takes such as in a credit purchase...

Unfortunately the deposit is not refundable and the deal price is only on first 10 wheels they receive. There is still a possibility of some flaws with this wheel, I just hope none of them are critical, lol )   

28 minutes ago, Ro.man said:

Unfortunately the deposit is not refundable and the deal price is only on first 10 wheels they receive. There is still a possibility of some flaws with this wheel, I just hope none of them are critical, lol )   

you should be okay.  if you already know the seller then it should be fine.  as well,  if this is the very 1st batch from inmotion,  you will probably get great after-sale service if there are any problems with the wheel in the first 3 months.

1 hour ago, bpong said:

you should be okay.  if you already know the seller then it should be fine.  as well,  if this is the very 1st batch from inmotion,  you will probably get great after-sale service if there are any problems with the wheel in the first 3 months.

I got my S18 from the first batch too. Replaced a motherboard within a month ) 

It is left in Canada and I'm without a wheel now. Waiting for Christmas delivery is already too long, I don't think I could be without a wheel longer than that )

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, dongsoola said:

Does anybod have information on the weight of the euc with batteries removed??  I hope its under 50lbs limit for check in baggage for flight. 
And they talked about renting the batteries in the destination country. Any information on that?

dongsoola,

it may be abit early about the battery rental idea.  if yu want to put inmotion against the wall,  message them on facebook and ask them which cities have this facility to rent the batteries.  i sincerely hope this exists or at least they give yu a direct answer like a definitive yes or no.

Does anybod have information on the weight of the euc with batteries removed??  I hope its under 50lbs limit for check in baggage for flight.

Not a chance. The battery cells themselves weigh 70g a piece, so 9kg in total making it down to 30kg. There’s no way four battery casings would weigh 8kg to get it down to 22kg.

Besides, I’ve heard that (some?) airline companies don’t take any EVs onboard since they just don’t have the capability to check every EV thoroughly enough to ensure that there really aren’t any batteries.

And they talked about renting the batteries in the destination country. Any information on that?

No word on it yet. I personally think that it’s a bit optimistic for them to assume that a reasonable rental network could be built for EUC batteries. In Finland for example I’ve only heard once within 6 years of someone who would like to bring their EUC in by flight. There’s just no way it would be beneficial for anybody to keep Adventure batteries in stock when it isn’t profitable to have even a single EUC shop around.

Of course NYC, Paris etc are very different, but still, so far the batteries would be just for a single EUC model. I’d look into it again in a few years.

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, FarkyJ said:

shame we aint got these deals in eu...the mini i would buy tomorrow right away...the mini isnt still on eu shops the extreme and adventure laready are...

Haha, you might never see it. European sellers are sick of Begode overnight made products and Begode products in general. I heard some of them have plans to stop selling Begode wheels.