Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

On 12/17/2023 at 2:23 AM, iwantmymtv said:

When Freshly Charged reviewed the Inmotion Adventure I could tell that those guys were having fun, especially compared to when they reviewed the Lynx. Andrew wasn't really having fun, it was more like a snore. So, just based off of the fact that they were screaming and shouting while riding the V14, I know it's good. But they broke it, so that's Inmotion for you.

so screaming and shouting for you is a confirmation of showmen truthfullness, ok. is there any link or photo what did they brake? any news on marty wheel?

On 12/16/2023 at 2:32 AM, Sergey Sh. said:

Battery pack with 50S:

photo_2023-12-15_21-03-28.thumb.jpg.8ebccd327dd861e10e5de967d9d01939.jpg

What does the maximum charging current means? In terms of each pack of battery is only able to charge 5A, what is the maximum charging current of V14 under two charger port? 

10 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

so screaming and shouting for you is a confirmation of showmen truthfullness, ok. is there any link or photo what did they brake?

Not exactly, but they are grown men, and they didn't really have fun on the Lynx, though matter of factly espoused it's virtues. I think they broke the plastic plate. Maybe more, I'm not really sure. You do make a cogent arguement, new order, but I still think Andrew had more fun on the Adventure than any other wheel. I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am.

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:
Had a long call with Inmotion Management team this morning, they're really commited to turning around the waning fortunes of the V14. There's some other tentative changes in the works, speed bump to 75kph, no performance penalty for soft-mode—will be sharing that once they've tested/validated with the optimized firmware firmware. Let me know if the pics don't show up here.

Here's another update on the V14 production, following a status update call with Inmotion HQ this morning. 

Firmware Optimization: a new update is currently being developed/tested:
- Optimizing the maximum speed on reduced battery levels, from the current 70% to 30%, allowing Riders to use the machine at the higher speeds for 60% longer. 
- Improved fault-tolerance for an intermittent hal signal, i.e. the case of Marty's early prototype Wheel—the motor hal is only active <5kph; above this speed, the precise position of the motor is not used by the controller for operation.  
- Enhanced 'soft mode', early Rider feedback is that the pedals are harder than on comparable models, like Extreme, most Owners prefer this, but for some , who like to really lean in for that rapid-acceleration, there is scope for some 'Soft' mode optimizations. 
- Better range through tweaking the electromagnet field strength at higher speeds.  

New Knobby Tire: there's a new tire developed exclusively for the V14 that provides better traction, more contact surface area & overall a better ride experience. They're using the same manufacturer, Yuan Xing, as the V13's tire (see below). Of course the street H626 tires will be available to choose from as well when ready to ship. 

Black Upper Panels: the special 50S edition upper black panels have been produced, these batch 2 Wheels will have those fitted to them (picture below).

Suspension Improvements: there's been some minor modifications to the assembly process of the sliders/stanchions, adding a few spacers on either side helps with the tolerances for better movement. In addition, there will be a lighter 550-600lb shock, from Fastace, these will be available to lighter Customers, those who intend to use the V14 exclusively on paved roads, or just prefer a more plushier ride.

UL Certification: while Inmotion has completed the UL compliance testing, they're going to try to do the full UL 2849 certification, this is quite a laborious/expensive process, this is why no manufacturer has completed this to date. These V14s should be retroactively. 

Shipping: most of these changes are ready to go, the firmware updates can be applied post shipment, so we should be on target for shipping these out towards the end of February. 

Hope this helps & have a wonderful rest of your day, 

Jason 

Custom 3-12" knobby tire 
image.png

New V14 50S Black Panels
V14 Upper Black Panels, RS.jpg

Hal continuity testing 

serial number

Test items

Test Results

in conclusion

Motor Hall is missing (1 piece, 10km/h)

Driving at a speed of 10km/h, disconnect a Hall line (yellow line) during driving. When the vehicle detects an abnormality in the Hall signal, the software repairs it and you can ride normally. After the next vehicle stops for 300ms, the vehicle will actively exit the balance, and the maximum current is 123A when Hall fault occurs.

P

image.png

Thanks for the info Jason!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:
Had a long call with Inmotion Management team this morning, they're really commited to turning around the waning fortunes of the V14. There's some other tentative changes in the works, speed bump to 75kph, no performance penalty for soft-mode—will be sharing that once they've tested/validated with the optimized firmware firmware. Thanks Zen for his recent critical review of some of early batch 1 deficiencies :)

Here's another update on the V14 production, following a status update call with Inmotion HQ this morning. 

- Optimizing the maximum speed on reduced battery levels, from the current 70% to 30%, allowing Riders to use the machine at the higher speeds for 60% longer. 
- Improved fault-tolerance for an intermittent hal signal, i.e. the case of Marty's early prototype Wheel—the motor hal is only active <5kph; above this speed, the precise position of the motor is not used by the controller for operation.  
- Enhanced 'soft mode', early Rider feedback is that the pedals are harder than on comparable models, like Extreme, most Owners prefer this, but for some , who like to really lean in for that rapid-acceleration, there is scope for some 'Soft' mode optimizations. 
- Better range through tweaking the electromagnet field strength at higher speeds.  

New Knobby Tire: there's a new tire developed exclusively for the V14 that provides better traction, more contact surface area & overall a better ride experience. They're using the same manufacturer, Yuan Xing, as the V13's tire (see below). Of course the street H626 tires will be available to choose from as well when ready to ship. 

Black Upper Panels: the special 50S edition upper black panels have been produced, these batch 2 Wheels will have those fitted to them (picture below).

Suspension Improvements: there's been some minor modifications to the assembly process of the sliders/stanchions, adding a few spacers on either side helps with the tolerances for better movement. In addition, there will be a lighter 550-600lb shock, from Fastace, these will be available to lighter Customers, those who intend to use the V14 exclusively on paved roads, or just prefer a more plushier ride.

UL Certification: while Inmotion has completed the UL compliance testing, they're going to try to do the full UL 2849 certification, this is quite a laborious/expensive process, this is why no manufacturer has completed this to date. These V14s should be retroactively. 

Shipping: most of these changes are ready to go, the firmware updates can be applied post shipment, so we should be on target for shipping these out towards the end of January. 

Custom 3-12" knobby tire 
image(39)1.jpg.cd0a6928f890f2b8d291c0399479de85.jpg

New V14 50S Black Panels
V14UpperBlackPanelsRS.jpg.41fb37bbb5c74bb7bc01a6d6c69e67cc.jpg

Hal continuity testing 

serial number

Test items

Test Results

in conclusion

Driving at a speed of 10km/h, disconnect a Hall line (yellow line) during driving. When the vehicle detects an abnormality in the Hall signal, the software repairs it and you can ride normally. After the next vehicle stops for 300ms, the vehicle will actively exit the balance, and the maximum current is 123A when Hall fault occurs.

P

image(40).thumb.jpg.c78a3da9994fb65bdbd5cf1a5bce3c1d.jpg

thanks for such detailed info Jason 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Had a long call with Inmotion Management team this morning

I would also like to offer my thanks, it's great having someone like yourself who is so engaged with the community as well as working with the wheel company's to better their product.  I am looking forward to my batch 2 v14 from ewheels and have full confidence it will be a great wheel with the amazing support of your company backing it. The support you have given me on the v13 has been 2nd to none.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I spoke briefly yesterday and was told much the same with less detail, mainly that they have worked hard to improve the wheel and just needed to take time for the supplier to produce upgraded parts. I should have updates this week about my wheel. 

Still very excited for it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Even though the V14 was slated as a badass off-road wheel, I am glad that Inmotion is also making an effort to get the V14 some street credentials too.

I think the V14 needs to compete well against the Patton, Extreme, S22 Pro, and the Commander Mini.

The lighter coil spring is a good first step.

I hope Inmotion will also look into finding a street tire that will work well with the V14.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:
Had a long call with Inmotion Management team this morning, they're really commited to turning around the waning fortunes of the V14. There's some other tentative changes in the works, speed bump to 75kph, no performance penalty for soft-mode—will be sharing that once they've tested/validated with the optimized firmware firmware. Thanks Zen for his recent critical review of some of early batch 1 deficiencies :)

Shipping: most of these changes are ready to go, the firmware updates can be applied post shipment, so we should be on target for shipping these out towards the end of January. 

Custom 3-12" knobby tire 
image(39)1.jpg.cd0a6928f890f2b8d291c0399479de85.jpg

New V14 50S Black Panels
V14UpperBlackPanelsRS.jpg.41fb37bbb5c74bb7bc01a6d6c69e67cc.jpg

Hal continuity testing 

serial number

Test items

Test Results

in conclusion

P

image(40).thumb.jpg.c78a3da9994fb65bdbd5cf1a5bce3c1d.jpg

Thank you for the great news, Jason!
As I understand, these changes start from batch 2. What about those of us who have preordered batch 1 wheels? Will they get any of these upgrades? 

12 minutes ago, Ro.man said:

Thank you for the great news, Jason!
As I understand, these changes start from batch 2. What about those of us who have preordered batch 1 wheels? Will they get any of these upgrades? 

Inmotion will provide new parts of suspension system to upgrade batch 1 of V14 as far as I knew from dealer.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 4:33 AM, Ro.man said:

On 12/20/2023 at 4:47 AM, YCC said:

Inmotion will provide new parts of suspension system to upgrade batch 1 of V14 as far as I knew from dealer.

You have to install it yourself if you get the batch 1 but it comes with the $300 discount. It remains to be seen if the price will go back up to intended $3299 price for batch 2. Appears to be the case for both eWheels and Alienrides. At least the V14 is probably the easiest wheel to do maintenance on for anybody that does get batch 1.

• Like 1

I’ve been very interested in this wheel. Ifent for the lynx. If any of you are in SE ID and want to trade for the day, I can guide you for some mtn riding that will be fun.  Hit me up. 

ETA- after winter. It’s cold and icy now. 

Edited by Paul D
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Woo! 

Mine is finally ready to go :)

Just missed shipping for today but should go out Tues after IM have a little 3 day holiday.

Good late xmas present.

Exciting.

What is the ETA?

Will your V14 have the fixes like for the sliders?

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

The sealant compound at the motor-wire aperture was brittle; during the high-pressure test, some water  percolated down into the hal PCB. Apparently this was a random sample test

Are these tests, even though randomly selected, part of regular production?

Or was Marty's V14 demo wheel, a unit that was never meant for retail sale?

• Like 2