Kingsong s22 (pro) Immature Inferior product. Dont buy

Finn Bjerke

KS s22 was delayed for over a year deposits were huge.
Suspension does not work unless you replace a bolt and buy new 3D printed sliders
A little water kills the bearings.
Chinesium screws self destructs, they are to weak for the sealant glue used.
The "PRO" version have bad sliders too.
The charging port are misplaced
Tire cant cope with muddy conditions.

DONT BUY KS PRODUCTS.

The S22 rides extremely well, so its a pitty the KIngsong compagny is Begoe-like.    Bad materials, Bad engineering, bad construction_

PS: Why is this forum so disorganised? WHy dont we have themes like other forums have ?

16 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

KS s22 was delayed for over a year

if I remember correctly, KS s22 was supposed to be released in March 2022. So not nearly a year late

Suspension does not work unless you replace a bolt and buy new 3D printed sliders

it works. Of course if you change the slide rails it works better. What bolt?

A little water kills the bearings.

You're the only one I've seen writing about this so I don't think it's a common problem. Maybe you just happened to have a bad individual

Chinesium screws self destructs, they are to weak for the sealant glue used

Yes, some of the screws are weak, like the roof screws, but not all. If you overtighten the screws, it is user error and not the durability of the screws.

The "PRO" version have bad sliders too.

I have a pro model and at least the sliders work well on it. No problem. Time will tell the truth about this, but now pro models have only been on sale to consumers for about a month. So I don't understand why people say they are bad. 

The charging port are misplaced

Of course they could have been in a better place, but that doesn't make the device any worse.

Tire cant cope with muddy conditions.

I haven't found any tires that work well in the mud yet so...

DONT BUY KS PRODUCTS

draw a map where KS touched you so someone can come and blow away the wound.

Why is this forum so disorganised?

Maybe because users can create their own topics like you did two a day

• Haha 2

I said:   DONT BUY KS PRODUCTS

Answer is  "draw a map where KS touched you so someone can come and blow away the wound" 

Is that sarcasm from you ???   Sarcasm requires very good language skills mate, much better than you demonstrate here .... Dont bloody ever blow on wounds..... .   https://disastersurvivalskills.com/blogs/preparedness/why-you-shouldn-t-blow-on-a-wound

Blow something else mate. and make a good job of it... If possible,...

Edited by Finn Bjerke
misspell

So the topic at hand.

The s22 have faulty bolts, sliders and screwsS20 had extreme delays. Source: Marty videos, Facebook groups, my experience plus 2 of my freinds who are s22 owners. If you dont fix the errors I mention you have a rigid pogo stick suspension (very bad)  not really magic carpet smooooooooooooooooth suspension that we all know and love .... Off course you wouldnt know about that unless you have the s22 and spend hours fixing the damn thang.  Extra price 220 EUro for bloody CNC sliders. 

You have the PRO righht ??? 

Conclusion: S22 out of the box is a bad product. Bearings cant cope with water and there is not guarantee for that . Source Facebook group and freinds with s22.  The PRO have one instance of broken sæider bgearings reported on the facebook kingsong group.  NOT OK......   

PRO version is bloody expensive and s22 owners get no bloody help what so ever. Kingsong had a listen to my s22 that was very noisy, the y said it was normal.... METAL SPLINTERS WERE FOUND INSIDE MY BLOODY MOTOR..... these Kingsong retards cant drill holes without leaving bloody metal splinters inside, also they are lying thru their teeth about a dangerous situation.. 

I love my s22 but I hate Kingsong dangerous lack of QC.  NEW BEARINGS: 6 work hours or so..... Wheel not waterproof ...extra work and expenses (130 Euro) 

FYI https://www.facebook.com/groups/1876404869187267/search/?q=bearings

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

Forum coiuld be better without "megathreads" with no subtopics ...... The thread S20 is extremely long I want to find relevant info.  Oh this is relevant : https://www.facebook.com/717190652/videos/877366983272778/

Edited by Finn Bjerke

I am still waiting for alien wheels to send ks roller slides!!! After they had me send back the motor to be fixed, I will not assemble the damn thing without the correct slides!!! The question is when will I ever be able to put my wheel back together?!? 

hello, I have the factory produced s22 pro (not a s20 or s22, witch is upgraded later, beware of some retailers selling a older upgraded s22 version as a "s22 pro") and I have been riding it for a couple of weeks now. I have none of the problems you stated only problem I have noticed is that dirt is still able to get in the sliders after extensive off-road and riding on extremely sandy surfaces. So I believe that the sliders will still need regular maintenance. I've been looking on this problem and there seem to be relatively inexpensive mudguards and slider-protectors witch I can just get a friend to 3d-print for nearly no money. however this is still something that should be addressed by Kingsong. I feel, thou it's not that big of a problem. also riders who use s22's for commuting (not riding in dirt/sand) have noted they have no problem even after 2000km of riding. I feel like the dirt/sand in slider problem is something to be expected before buying the thing.

• Like 1

Also I should note that I don't have any of the problems you have right now, but that doesn't mean I won't get them in the future. and since I don't have those problems I can't really help in a meaningful way but I think most problems users of the s22 have is caused by thermal expansion of the metal parts (the s222 is produced in a relatively warm country and you live in Denmark, a cold country in winter time) so always take a look at the seal's/ screws used and redo them if necessary. at least that's what I did and I have no problems on that part for now, but I agree that this is kingsong's responsibility to prevent any issues on whatever problem may happen in the products they sell.

This is fucking ridiculous I was only going to put the inner four rollers on the updated slides... And the My curiosity got to me and I put the top three rollers on and tried sliding it into the slot!!! What a goddamn mistake. They have the rollers too far apart for the slot. Something's going to break because there's too much tension on the rollers!!! There is absolutely no reason for it!!! 

PS... I apologize about passing on the wrong size sex bolts for the suspension arms... I did not measure it out. I only took the information from people that actually replaced the sex bolts before me. They gave oversized sex bolts information. Now you're going to have to either cut them down or add lots of washers!!! They were not cheap sex bolts to get!!! Sadly, I should measured the damn sex bolts myself because you only needed the most 15 mm more of length... 

Edited by MetricUSA

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 7:41 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

"DONT BUY KS PRODUCTS....

PS: Why is this forum so disorganised? WHy dont we have themes like other forums have ?"

You really do not like the world do you?

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2023 at 11:09 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

Is that sarcasm from you ???   Sarcasm requires very good language skills mate, much better than you demonstrate here .... Dont bloody ever blow on wounds..... .   https://disastersurvivalskills.com/blogs/preparedness/why-you-shouldn-t-blow-on-a-wound

Blow something else mate. and make a good job of it... If possible,...

Such a good attempt at a come back, keep trying .. someday you'll get the hang of it. 

On 2/22/2023 at 2:33 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

So the topic at hand.

The s22 have faulty bolts, sliders and screwsS20 had extreme delays. Source: Marty videos, Facebook groups, my experience plus 2 of my freinds who are s22 owners. If you dont fix the errors I mention you have a rigid pogo stick suspension (very bad)  not really magic carpet smooooooooooooooooth suspension that we all know and love .... Off course you wouldnt know about that unless you have the s22 and spend hours fixing the damn thang.  Extra price 220 EUro for bloody CNC sliders. 

You have the PRO righht ??? 

Conclusion: S22 out of the box is a bad product. Bearings cant cope with water and there is not guarantee for that . Source Facebook group and freinds with s22.  The PRO have one instance of broken sæider bgearings reported on the facebook kingsong group.  NOT OK......   

PRO version is bloody expensive and s22 owners get no bloody help what so ever. Kingsong had a listen to my s22 that was very noisy, the y said it was normal.... METAL SPLINTERS WERE FOUND INSIDE MY BLOODY MOTOR..... these Kingsong retards cant drill holes without leaving bloody metal splinters inside, also they are lying thru their teeth about a dangerous situation.. 

I love my s22 but I hate Kingsong dangerous lack of QC.  NEW BEARINGS: 6 work hours or so..... Wheel not waterproof ...extra work and expenses (130 Euro) 

FYI https://www.facebook.com/groups/1876404869187267/search/?q=bearings

I can sympathize with you to a point. After paying a large sum of money it's very hard to get over the defects in design and execution. I don't feel that KS's behaviour would be considered negligent, however. Certainly, eWheels and a few others have done a good job replacing motors, bearings, and even batteries, most likely with KS' support on the backside.

I just think you need to adjust your expectations and realize we are all in this together. We have to accept the inherent risks of this fledgling technology and sometimes incur some of the costs to repair them. Roll and learn.

Also, I hope you can take a vacation soon to the Mediterranean and get some sunshine. That always cheers me up. :D

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

THX for the relevant on topic comments.  I now have the v13 to compare with.... Ill never buy Kingsong again but probably stay with Inmotion and leaperkim in  the future.

PS: Metric Good luck man lets hear how it goes---

• 2 months later...

with all the 'faults' that you are pointing out with the S22,  i cannot accept it as a genuine reason to ignore this euc.  unless you can ride the shit out of it like mike leahy (shibby_time),  then i can only accept your topic as the writing of a frustrated owner whose expectations where far more higher than the wheel itself.  im not doubting that those faults exist in your S22 pro,  but did you ever think that there is a wheel out there that absolutely has no faults whatsoever ?  there are numerous euc owners and riders who post numerous details (with facts and evidence) about the less than ideal problems with their rides,...  AND there, with those posted problems,  there are the other euc owners and riders who post their solutions to those problems.

from what i have gathered from instagram, this blog, and facebook,  m. leahy is constantly replacing control boards and maintaining his S22 to continue to do what he does in relative safety since he is riding near the edge of mechanical and electronic failure most of the time.  i dont see him reacting to his ride as you have with your experience with your S22.

i only wish you the best for the riding season of 2023 mr. bjerke !!!  i do agree with you that the S22 Pro and orig model have their faults;  but,  at the same time,  IMO its still a great wheel that needs abit more TLC...

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:41 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

blah blah blah

Finn... Finn.... Finn.... where shall we begin?

I remember you bitching and moaning about the batch #1 V11's because your bearings went bad... you threw a massive temper tantrum and ranted and raved for a few months until you got your V11 fixed. InMotion was the worst, they were evil, their wheels weren't durable, nobody should buy InMotion products, etc etc. Pretty much exactly like this thread. What happened buddy? Did you break your S22?

I hope that no one reading this thread makes the mistake of taking you seriously.

ps - the S22 is my 5th suspension wheel and I highly recommend it. It's a great wheel that has raised the bar for the entire industry. Very fun wheel, I prefer it over my Master. It's not perfect, but none of them are (as you well know).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All manufacters have things they need to work on.

The euc is still a fairly new technology that's emerging. If you want yamaha/honda to make these well thought out and safe, they would cost 10000usd.

So either buy an older proven wheel, or take the risk with these newer wheels without long term reviews. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, bpong said:

with all the 'faults' that you are pointing out with the S22,  i cannot accept it as a genuine reason to ignore this euc.  unless you can ride the shit out of it like mike leahy (shibby_time),  then i can only accept your topic as the writing of a frustrated owner whose expectations where far more higher than the wheel itself.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:41 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

The S22 rides extremely well, so its a pitty the KIngsong compagny is Begoe-like.    Bad materials, Bad engineering, bad construction_

On 2/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

If the owner doesn't mind tinkering, and has the skills and time, it would still be frustrating. There were many things that were wrong with this wheel out of the gate. He paid for a brand new production model, not an engineering prototype. I believe he preorder it, and waited a long time for it. 

The S22 does ride very well. IMO, it has excellent chassis dynamics. However, with the early firmware, at lower speeds, the motor was gutless. 

With the problems that it had, I would still not buy it. I had the opportunity to buy it for $3000, I decided against it. Now in the S22 Pro guide, it is tempting, but the Commander Mini and the Patton looked to be fierce competitors.

im not doubting that those faults exist in your S22 pro, 

I believe he has the S22, as stated in his profile.

but did you ever think that there is a wheel out there that absolutely has no faults whatsoever ?

On 4/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

I now have the v13 to compare with.... Ill never buy Kingsong again but probably stay with Inmotion and leaperkim in  the future.

IMO its still a great wheel that needs abit more TLC...

Just curious, have you ridden one, and what makes you think that it is a great wheel? 

Edited by techyiam