Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

On 9/7/2023 at 4:04 AM, Rawnei said:

good thing the top percentages go away so fast

do you mean the lower percentages? The top percentages for everything battery powered I have last the longest in use.

4 hours ago, Uras said:

do you mean the lower percentages? The top percentages for everything battery powered I have last the longest in use.

Usually the top 10-15% of the battery on an EUC sags away fast as soon as you start riding, unless of course you live on top of a hill.

14 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

I must say that the frequency of firmware updates is a bit concerning from a software quality assurance perspective, and hope no corners are being cut in that regard...

Software developer here: it's better to have a frequent release cycle than a long one: bugs get catched quicker. Features land faster as well. Everybody wins.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, carlitos said:

Software developer here: it's better to have a frequent release cycle than a long one: bugs get catched quicker. Features land faster as well. Everybody wins.

Agreed here generally, as long as they’re consistently and thoroughly testing the software, or firmware really in this case, especially with the devices such as EUCs that threaten physical harm. At this rate, they need to be testing the next release before/during the current release. 

At least these firmware updates can’t be actively pushed to devices in the field. Most of us have probably seen a case of some IoT device getting “bricked” by a hastily pushed firmware update. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stizl said:

At least these firmware updates can’t be actively pushed to devices in the field. Most of us have probably seen a case of some IoT device getting “bricked” by a hastily pushed firmware update. 

Speaking if which, this update temporarily bricked my wheel. Was stuck in a no con error loop. 

If this happens to anyone. You can connect still through the leaper Kim app and do a manual update.

Select patton from the list and keep trying until it goes through. It took me like 10 attempts. Finally went through ok. 

Ewheels said it happened to one other person, same exact thing.

Just a heads up!! 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Speaking if which, this update temporarily bricked my wheel. Was stuck in a no con error loop. 

If this happens to anyone. You can connect still through the leaper Kim app and do a manual update.

Select patton from the list and keep trying until it goes through. It took me like 10 attempts. Finally went through ok. 

Ewheels said it happened to one other person, same exact thing.

Just a heads up!! 

Worked for me without a hitch, updated both the Patton and the Sherman S yesterday, but yeah seen multiple people write about that in various places and usually trying again multiple times will eventually work.

• Like 2

I've been keeping an eye on this sector - 16" interests me the most. The patton was my soft favorite.

I came across this video by a fairly basic dude repairing a patton. I have the same opinion as him re what he found (I'm a basic mechanic too). It is a weakness built into the patton where the suspension mounts to the wheel. I can imagine this could be a relatively easy future fix for future models. For current models perhaps some steel thread inserts that are used to replace stripped threads (a learning issue for me)? Start watching from 6 mins in.

6 hours ago, Uras said:

I've been keeping an eye on this sector - 16" interests me the most. The patton was my soft favorite.

I came across this video by a fairly basic dude repairing a patton. I have the same opinion as him re what he found (I'm a basic mechanic too). It is a weakness built into the patton where the suspension mounts to the wheel. I can imagine this could be a relatively easy future fix for future models. For current models perhaps some steel thread inserts that are used to replace stripped threads (a learning issue for me)? Start watching from 6 mins in.

If you get unlucky with a de-thread it can be fixed with helicoil.

• Upvote 1

How often this lose screws and happend my patton is only 450 Km now no jumping. My rebound is set great and sag too then i no experience ANY botoming suspension.

What casue this:

jumping?

offroad riding?

or just bad assembly ?

My sherman clasic need tighten axle after 4000 Km for reference.

Anyway my patton have from delivery bad calibration if i look EUC is tilted to front from unboxing. I need some special solution to calibrate all my stands is "small" for suspension EUC i need find long enouch bricks or buy hard wood pieces what can hold patton on "axle" straight.

Nylonove for patton come in +-4 days i hope my leg pain go away i can ride 90 min on sherman classic no leg pain on patton after 20min my ankle and heel have blood flow problem i feel pain and disconfort(ants in leg). soft mode help little but i think my leg is not compatible with patton original foodplates.

no pain on: MSP ,16X, 'Sherman, Mten4(pain becasue small footplates but after 30+ minutes i feel first disconfort) 

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

How often this lose screws and happend my patton is only 450 Km now no jumping. My rebound is set great and sag too then i no experience ANY botoming suspension.

What casue this:

jumping?

offroad riding?

or just bad assembly ?

My sherman clasic need tighten axle after 4000 Km for reference.

Anyway my patton have from delivery bad calibration if i look EUC is tilted to front from unboxing. I need some special solution to calibrate all my stands is "small" for suspension EUC i need find long enouch bricks or buy hard wood pieces what can hold patton on "axle" straight.

Nylonove for patton come in +-4 days i hope my leg pain go away i can ride 90 min on sherman classic no leg pain on patton after 20min my ankle and heel have blood flow problem i feel pain and disconfort(ants in leg). soft mode help little but i think my leg is not compatible with patton original foodplates.

no pain on: MSP ,16X, 'Sherman, Mten4(pain becasue small footplates but after 30+ minutes i feel first disconfort) 

Probably bad assembly, same usual problem with all the manufacturers, other wheels are not immune, happens a lot on current Begode wheels also.

Just go my new Patton and have quick question: Does it have cooler on board? as when i turn it on, i hear a sound like cooler is working but much quietly and like with not good cooler bearings.. sound comming something if not from controller board, then from wheel itself... only hear it in silent room

Edited by Milordas

29 minutes ago, Milordas said:

Just go my new Patton and have quick question: Does it have cooler on board? as when i turn it on, i hear a sound like cooler is working but much quietly and like with not good cooler bearings.. sound comming something if not from controller board, then from wheel itself... only hear it in silent room

It has coil whine.

33 minutes ago, Milordas said:sound comming something if not from controller board, then from wheel itself... only hear it in silent room

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It has coil whine.

Agreed. A faint high pitch sound from the wheel when balancing at idle is normal. 

• Like 2

I am interested in purchasing a Patton but I don’t want to have to open the damn thing up before even riding it to tighten bolts which may strip if tightened too much. 

Any chance they will actually fix this serious quality issue in the next batch?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiwrs said:

I am interested in purchasing a Patton but I don’t want to have to open the damn thing up before even riding it to tighten bolts which may strip if tightened too much. 

Any chance they will actually fix this serious quality issue in the next batch?

If you are buying from a dealer/distributor like ewheels.com, eevees.com, alienride.com, etc. (if you are in US/Canada), couldn't you ask them to check the bolts etc for you, and pay them for the service before they send it out. I think some dealers/distributors already do that. But you can ask to make sure. And if not, pay them for the service.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:44 AM, Spiwrs said:

Yes it’s an option but I just wish something as simple and important as making sure they are torqued to specification would happen at the  factory level when selling vehicles we are standing on. 

Unfortunately, in the electric wheel world, we are not there yet. This is plainly just a QC issue. But here we are. It doesn't matter what wheel you buy, the odds are not good that all the fasteners would be properly tightened. Sadly, there are even worse things to worry about when buying a new wheel. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

I have Sherman S, but interested in the PATTON. For those who own BOTH the Patton and Sherman-S, convince me to upgrade from my Begode Master to the Patton, and why .......or.........why I should not

Edited by WILSONEUC

Also if anyone has a Sherman-S AND Patton, may i request to see a picture of both wheels together side by side from the back and from the sides. I just want to see how much of a difference in size these wheels are to each other. thanks! (points at @Rawnei   lol)