New V11 firmware - adds torque?

Tryptych

A friend of mine upgraded his V11 firmware today and says there is a new feature called "Power Assist" that makes the wheel have more torque, "feels more like a Gotway" is how he described it. Haven't tried it myself yet but I saw a screenshot of two new sliders in the app for 'Accelerate Assist' and 'Brake Assist' settings. 

Does anyone have more detail about what these features do exactly? Have you tried it? How does it feel? Does InMotion post changelogs with each firmware version? I can't find it, can anyone link the changelog if there is one?

The latest app version I have is 7.10.12.GP, Android, wheel version is 1.4.22.  Looking at the Inmotion app, I'm not seeing anything labeled Power Assist but I'm not very versed in this app. It's in commuter mode, only mode I've ever used. I see something called DRL, don't know what it is and it doesn't offer an explanation...

2 hours ago, Roadpower said:

I see something called DRL

Daytime running light.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tryptych said:

A friend of mine upgraded his V11 firmware today and says there is a new feature called "Power Assist" that makes the wheel have more torque, "feels more like a Gotway" is how he described it. Haven't tried it myself yet but I saw a screenshot of two new sliders in the app for 'Accelerate Assist' and 'Brake Assist' settings. 

Does anyone have more detail about what these features do exactly? Have you tried it? How does it feel? Does InMotion post changelogs with each firmware version? I can't find it, can anyone link the changelog if there is one?

It is sad to say that to you, but this week, a new application version came from Inmotion, and also a new firmware for the V11. "Split mode" is now called "Power assist" in the application. So, the torque did not increase on the V11.

• Like 1

Seems to be confusing. The new app has simply renamed “Split mode” to “Power assist”. The charge is not related to firmware, and will show “Power assist” with the old firmware as well.

Then there’s the new wheel firmware, which is a separate upgrade. A few people have mentioned though that they feel as if the ride mode were stiffer with the same settings. I’m just putting on the winter tire, so I won’t be able to perceive small changes in the ride feel.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:58 AM, mrelwood said:

Seems to be confusing. The new app has simply renamed “Split mode” to “Power assist”. The charge is not related to firmware, and will show “Power assist” with the old firmware as well.

Then there’s the new wheel firmware, which is a separate upgrade. A few people have mentioned though that they feel as if the ride mode were stiffer with the same settings. I’m just putting on the winter tire, so I won’t be able to perceive small changes in the ride feel.

I also felt the feeling of more hardness when I got back from work last night after updating... but bhò it's true that I traveled a road with mud and it was raining heavily and maybe the feeling was distorted by that condition particular, even the feeling on asphalt I remember stiffer ... less "tilting" ... I'll try better when it stops raining ...

Actually, I may have felt it too. I did change the tire to a radically different winter tire at the same time, so it will surely cloud my judgement.

On the previous firmware (and K66 tire) I did feel the wheel being slightly soft and giving on small snowy bumps, while the new firmware (and C-186 knobby with studs) did plow over the bumps in a more stable manner. But like I said, the tire alone could explain the difference.

This was with 70% Commuting, assists at 60%/30%.