Decisions Decisions... Wait on 2nd batch V13? or continue holding on my current Pre-order for December.

WheelTheLove

All opinions are greatly welcome:) 

So I have been having a lot of thoughts back and forth with either going ahead and receiving my first batch V13 or to just wait. I already have a pre-order placed and have been patiently waiting on more updates or new news about the unit but of course the only source we have so far for information is on the info coming from the little sneak peek videos we see on YouTube (which have greatly died out over the past couple of weeks and nothing much going around lately I've noticed) and of course whatever details someone is able to do some digging to find out. Theres some good and some bad but no real definitive details or factual information to support any of the claims (only from what I've seen). I did see on another post here that even euco has decided to wait for the 2nd batch so that has really made me think about it again. Seeing as how even a supplier has decided to wait due to things they've heard from unknown sources, maybe possibly even from inmotion themselves? seeing as they're a partner with them. The other option I had in mind would be to get the v12 for now( idk between the ht or the hs), and then just place my pre order for the second batch instead and wait for expected arrival sometime in February. I'm unsure on whether I stick it out and wait for he second batch, or let it ride and get my first batch order in December. I feel like I am stuck like a stoner staring at menu trying to order food.. :huh:  I greatly appreciate any suggestions or thoughts that anyone may have. Thank you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the v11 first back and it's still going after 4500miles. Only issue was the unsealed bearing because I ride in the rain.

With thay said I'm also debating on the v13 but just because the veteran shermal s design looks good and I'm not sure about the v13 shock.... on the v11, the air shocks need to be emptied and readjusted every couple of weeks or so to keep the ride comfort. This is probably because the chambers and left&right sides go out of balance resulting in a weird stiffer ride. 

... now imagine having 4 shocks and 8 chambers to keep balanced 🤯

I'm still holding on to hope that inmotion has a good design.... but if not, I might end up switching to the Sherman S

On 11/12/2022 at 10:32 PM, Rikachu said:

on the v11, the air shocks need to be emptied and readjusted every couple of weeks

Emptied?? Definitely not. Just attach the pump, pump to the target pressure, and you’re done.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:32 PM, Rikachu said:

... now imagine having 4 shocks and 8 chambers to keep balanced 🤯

The V13 doesn’t have 4 shocks, it has two. The other two tubes handle the rebound (and possibly compression) management.

In addition, you only pump the main chambers on the V13, one per side. There’s no valve at the top. Some tester shared a little more details and a small video, maybe it was on Telegram. So it’s anyways less work than on the V11.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

I have the v11 as well and have enjoyed every minute of riding it. Am only at 900mi currently but have not had to add/remove air from the shocks since the initial pump up in both chambers. I can only speak for myself when i say that i am willing to take the chance on the v-13 so i have pre-ordered it as well. I know i won't be getting it in December but that is ok, It's usually around 20 degrees here and maybe already snowed by then so that's fine with me. So if it comes in February or so i'm good with that. They seem to be cautiously testing and making sure that it's not plagued with issues like other wheel releases. (at least that's my hope) Maybe my inexperience with other wheels makes my opinion worthless but i figured i would voice it anyway. About 700 of the 900mi has been off road and i have abused the wheel quite a bit and am impressed with it's durability/reliability. I just need a little more speed...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Emptied?? Definitely not. Just attach the pump, pump to the target pressure, and you’re done.

The V13 doesn’t have 4 shocks, it has two. The other two tubes handle the rebound (and possibly compression) management.

In addition, you only pump the main chambers on the V13, one per side. There’s no valve at the top. Some tester shared a little more details and a small video, maybe it was on Telegram. So it’s anyways less work than on the V11.

It's not that it requires to be emptied.  But I found it performs much better when it's both chambers are emptied and re-pressurized equally every 20 rides or so.

Glad to hear the v13 is less work though.

🤔 watching 👀 videos of the suspension travel on the v11 compared the Sherman S ... the later seems much more responsive,  while the v13 seems stiff and looks kind of like s22 without the roller bearing sliders 

2 hours ago, Rikachu said:

It's not that it requires to be emptied.  But I found it performs much better when it's both chambers are emptied and re-pressurized equally every 20 rides or so.

After you have pressurized the chambers, they don’t know if they were empty at some point or not. The difference, if any, comes from something else.

Pump the main (bottom) chambers first, then the top chambers. That’s all you need to (or can) do.

2 hours ago, Rikachu said:

🤔 watching 👀 videos of the suspension travel on the v11 compared the Sherman S ... the later seems much more responsive,  while the v13 seems stiff and looks kind of like s22 without the roller bearing sliders 

It’s really hard to day from the videos, when both wheels have several adjustments that should be adjusted to the rider’s weight and riding environment. We don’t know if they have. And at the testing phase Inmotion might just be finding out which air pressures work for the V13 shocks and which ones don’t.

So while the ShermS suspension indeed appears as if it were the smoother one, there’s no way to really assess or compare them just yet.

12 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Buy V13 ....... Because the other high power suspension wheels are terrible. S22 is a disaster. Sherman too Check S22 errors first: Then find Wrongways video about the Sherman S 

If all "other" suspension wheels are terrible. Why do you think V13 - Will be different. :D

Doh you ain't wrong - every new wheels is more or less shit.

Edited by Funky

6 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Yeah addictive shit ....... I love my s22 but the suspension selfdestructs and needs a lot of TLC....  Kingsong are a bloody laff. Bad construction, bad materials , bad thinking ... 

No i meant as literal shit.. As they are built by monkeys. And are turds. S22 - shit. Sherman S - shit. Master/T4 - shit. V13 - haven't looked into it. But i can bet it's also heavy shit in someway.

And people love them.. :D No standards at all.

25 minutes ago, Robse said:

Suspension wheels are sh*t :rolleyes:

Who ever thought that suspension would be "great" idea on one wheel device - wasn't right in head. :laughbounce2: 

-It's more troubles.. Than worth.

(You may think i'm being sarcastic, but i'm not. Okay-okey first sentence was joke. But second one wasn't.) It's true.. No suspension - no problems. :D 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

It's more troubles.. Than worth.

This is actually a nicely illuminating thing to say! Because it tells us with a great certainty that the one who says it has no actual experience on suspension EUCs. :P

I’m not even kidding. No one who has tried a suspension wheel for more than a km ever says that.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

Suspension is more stuff, more complexity, more moving parts, more opportunity to make design and assembly errors, more end user maintenance. And yet, hard tail mountain bikes are... vintage, you just don't see hard tails on the trails these days. And pretty much every internal combustion transport has suspension. There is more than one reason!

Sure, you don't need suspension to make a wheel ridable and a ton of fun—manual unicycles don't have suspension (that I've seen, not that I look). But then it can also be said that you don't need shoes to run a marathon or play sportsball.

I do love my hardtail 16X, but the suspension siren song is strong. If a new wheel is in your future I encourage you to borrow a (working) suspension wheel for a mid length ride and then decide if the extra effort is worth it. Because suspension is not (yet) 100% set and forget, you will have to fiddle fart around with it both to get it right for you, and to keep it right. It's the nature of the beast at the moment... someday we'll see a Macpherson strut equivalent, but the category just isn't there yet.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

This is actually a nicely illuminating thing to say! Because it tells us with a great certainty that the one who says it has no actual experience on suspension EUCs. :P

I’m not even kidding. No one who has tried a suspension wheel for more than a km ever says that.

Ohh believe me - i know it would be a "GAME CHANGER"

Same as regular "fixie" bike vs mountain bike. But in EUC case the difference would be 3-5x bigger.. Because of the ONE wheel aspect. You could ride more easily. Could ignore most small potholes - that you regularly noticed on non-suspension wheel. And so on.. The benefits of having suspension is SOOO worth it.

So yeah i have never ridden suspension wheel, but i can bet my left "nut" it feels amazing.

But i still would take non-suspension over suspension wheel. BUT that's me! Maybe there will be "good" suspension wheel made someday.. For us "bigger" guys. Suspension that will not need to get worked on at least more than once a year.

I want a device that simply works. And won't crap-itself. Suspension will "break". Not having it i see as a pluss. Because not having something to break is great.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 6:05 PM, Funky said:

It makes me laugh that people still are pre-ordering these wheels... Enjoy your hot new paper weight, that needs new motherboards, new motors, so on. Most time spent trying to get money back, or replacement parts than

I agree with the sentiment of your post but some of it you have really exaggerated. I've had three first batch wheels and they are all fine. 

I'd tell the OP do the pre-order if you are comfortable with a bit of risk and will have a warranty. Otherwise you're waiting another 6+ months before you have your wheel and missing all the fun.

PS: suspension is the real deal. Not just for comfort but for safety. All wheels should have it (and the V12 blows because it doesn't).

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tryptych said:

PS: suspension is the real deal. Not just for comfort but for safety. All wheels should have it (and the V12 blows because it doesn't).

Still i would take non-suspension wheel over headaches.

On 11/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, Funky said:

Ohh believe me - i know it would be a "GAME CHANGER"

Same as regular "fixie" bike vs mountain bike. But in EUC case the difference would be 3-5x bigger.. Because of the ONE wheel aspect. You could ride more easily. Could ignore most small potholes - that you regularly noticed on non-suspension wheel. And so on.. The benefits of having suspension is SOOO worth it.

So yeah i have never ridden suspension wheel, but i can bet my left "nut" it feels amazing.

But i still would take non-suspension over suspension wheel. BUT that's me! Maybe there will be "good" suspension wheel made someday.. For us "bigger" guys. Suspension that will not need to get worked on at least more than once a year.

I want a device that simply works. And won't crap-itself. Suspension will "break". Not having it i see as a pluss. Because not having something to break is great.