Smartwheel Canada V13

Ramy

Hi guys! I currently own Inmotion V11, want to upgrade to V13 now. 

Smartwheel is a great company and I had purchased my last 3 EUCs from them. They worked fine, and I am quite satisfied with their warranty and services.

V13 is available on pre-order. What would you guys suggest. Should I pre-order now or should wait for the second batch.

I think the first batch is arriving in Nov/Dec. I am quite concerned as V13 is a pricy wheel. Let me know your thoughts.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t buy any wheel in the current state of the world before reading several professional as well as individual reviews.

I also wouldn’t buy a 22” wheel before trying one. Preferably in the same weight group. Large diameter tires require a lot more effort to accelerate and brake, which to me takes a lot of the fun away from the riding. WrongWay talks about this in detail in his Master Pro review.

• Upvote 2

First-batch EUCs are a gamble. In 3 months of King Song S22 ownership I spent two months waiting for a replacement main board, and now the suspension barely works and the motor has a known flaw that makes it prone to failure (you can read about all of these issues in threads on this forum).

Will Inmotion do a better job on the v13? Maybe. EUCO isn't willing to gamble, and I don't blame them. They paid to ship my replacement mainboard and now they're probably trying to figure out how they're going to set things right regarding the flawed motors.

If I was in your place, I'd just enjoy the v11 for a while longer. Give the v13 a few months for the first-batch surprises to be discovered and addressed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Who would buy first batch EUCs only to ride it in winter? Best to wait to buy in 6 months time when most issues get resolved and new stock arrives without the need to pre-order.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mango said:

Who would buy first batch EUCs only to ride it in winter? Best to wait to buy in 6 months time when most issues get resolved and new stock arrives without the need to pre-order.

Although, Challenger is considerably less expensive if you BUY NOW.

• Like 1

Maybe the first batch V13 will be totally fine. Maybe not and you find out how good smartwheel's service really is.

Nobody can predict what will happen. I think the discount is worth being an early adopter if you buy from a dealer you trust will help with any problems. (Without discount, I would probably wait.)

On 10/28/2022 at 11:48 PM, Mango said:

What if your dying and just want to enjoy your last moments on earth? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paulyd75 said:

What if your dying and just want to enjoy your last moments on earth? 

In that case I would advise even more strenuously against choosing a first-batch EUC. Or worse, pre-ordering one.

Because I pre-ordered my S22, and:

On 10/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, NSFW said:

In 3 months of King Song S22 ownership I spent two months waiting for a replacement main board [...]

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 8:56 AM, techyiam said:

Then you would want to buy either a Kingsong 18XL, 16X, or Veteran Sherman Max.

or borrow a few more dollars and buy the latest generation corvette coupe 3LZ ...