Smaller wheels - will they ever make a comeback?

Mayhem

On 11/3/2023 at 2:48 PM, loofv said:

Have you tried the Mten4? It can do jumps, snow, forest roads, gravel, hop curbs etc fine. yes, hitting a big pothole while not ready for it can cause issues but that's true for any non-suspension wheel. I ride over railroad tracks, potholes and rocks on a daily basis with mine.

In my mind, wheel diameter and pedal height are relevant safety feature and I don't think the Mten would cut it in either of these two aspects. To me, the unique selling points of EUCs is that they are somewhat smallish and light without resorting to tiny wheel diameters. I would be interested to see clips of how the Mten4 deals with potholes, rocks or moderate sized curbs.

23 minutes ago, Mono said:

In my mind, wheel diameter and pedal height are relevant safety feature and I don't think the Mten would cut it in either of these two aspects. To me, the unique selling points of EUCs is that they are somewhat smallish and light without resorting to tiny wheel diameters. I would be interested to see clips of how the Mten4 deals with potholes, rocks or moderate sized curbs.

It doesn’t do well with any of those obstacles. The small diameter tire doesn’t roll over anything to substantial. That being said l’ve been jumping mine recently up small curbs and things. I’m using pads on it which makes a huge difference. I almost rolled down some small steps on it the other night, which i likely would have bailed on. If I had been on any of my other wheels I’d have just rolled down them. The m10 doesn’t ride like ANY other euc in a ton of ways. The real strength of this little wheel is its maneuverability. It’s a great wheel for learning tricks on getting groceries and running errands. I ride mine on the sidewalk (which I rarely do on bigger eucs) and because of its size and maneuverability it’s great around pedestrians. I’ve never had anyone complain or shoot me stink eye. Mostly I get asked about it and its features. I absolutely love this little wheel, you just need to use it for its strengths. It’s an extremely fun wheel. 

• Like 1