Mten4 from Ewheels (600 Wh/40T) vs Mten4 from other vendors (750 Wh)

I want to order the Mten4 but I have a dilemma of where to get it from.  At Ewheels, the Mten4 comes with the 600 Wh 40T battery variant that they touted as being safer.  However, at all other vendors, the Mten4 is fitted with the 750 Wh battery.  The 750 Wh battery would probably give longer range.

With the Begode history of battery fires (in the past but rarely in the present now) in mind, where would you buy the Mten4 if you are in the market to get one?  Ewheels or other vendors?

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think with $50 difference the 40T version is worth it. If only the mten4 was a bit cheaper overall.

I think this might be more due to inflation and/or supply shock, in the current macro economic environment.

I'm sure as a manufacturer or distributor, the MTen series sells more units when it's under the $1k USD threshold.

"extreme amps" is relative to the size of the battery. you might not draw 45A sustained on this, but 15A on this is equivalent to the 45A on a 6P wheel from the individual cell's perspective.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, jtm94 said:

I wouldn't trade range on such a small wheel. I don't think this thing will be drawing extreme amps during normal use, maybe if you only get it to be a trick/freestyle wheel it could be a good idea.

Then again, there's that seam in the pavement I hit on my MTen3 at 46% and 14 mph that ended up scarring my Leatts pretty good. If didn't crap out on me, it would probably have dinged the batteries instead. Maybe it did anyway. I'd always go for higher current cells myself.

Besides, the tiny wheel isn't meant for going places so as long as it doesn't embarrass you in front of a OneWheel…

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, houseofjob said:

so 40 cells of 40T's cost retail $60 USD more than 40 50E's, and eWheels 40T config is adding about ~ +$50 to the price, so no real upcharge from a pure cell cost / wheel cost perspective, if these MTen4 config prices hold, not too shabby :lol:

Like, the data you posted right above that is the exact opposite ... eWheels is $50 more with a $60 cheaper battery.  I would still go with the 40T cells, I don't endurance ride my MTen3.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, SanDiegoGuy said:

I want to order the Mten4 but I have a dilemma of where to get it from.  At Ewheels, the Mten4 comes with the 600 Wh 40T battery variant that they touted as being safer.  However, at all other vendors, the Mten4 is fitted with the 750 Wh battery.  The 750 Wh battery would probably give longer range.

With the Begode history of battery fires (in the past but rarely in the present now) in mind, where would you buy the Mten4 if you are in the market to get one?  Ewheels or other vendors?

I'm personally going to get the 300wh version with the 40T cells.  I've owned other mtens and use them for slow riding and messing around and usually only go 5 or 6 miles total.  For my use case it makes no sense to buy a bigger one.  With that said, I'd go with the ones that have the 40T cells.  I agree with Meep... & House... per safety and performance.  The 40T's have a 35A discharge rating while the 50E's have a 9.8A rating.

Edited by M640x

I personally use my 750wh mten4 for social outings (eg. pokemon go), taking out the trash at work, pushing a lawn mower, etc.
500 miles in, zero problems. I do have my first alarm at 20mph, which I rarely ever touch. I'll use my other wheels if I need to cover distance.  

18 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

I personally use my 750wh mten4 for social outings (eg. pokemon go), taking out the trash at work, pushing a lawn mower, etc.
500 miles in, zero problems. I do have my first alarm at 20mph, which I rarely ever touch. I'll use my other wheels if I need to cover distance.  

Exactly.  : )