Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

3 hours ago, EMA said:

Thanks, yes it's nice doubling as a bumper and it would indeed help keeping the front clean from spray. 

As I do not like the internal spraying from the tire (ending up on the battery cases and a bit everywhere) I was more thinking of the internal mud guard though. I might model one someday..

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Thanks, yes it's nice doubling as a bumper and it would indeed help keeping the front clean from spray. 

As I do not like the internal spraying from the tire (ending up on the battery cases and a bit everywhere) I was more thinking of the internal mud guard though. I might model one someday..

you need something for the front of the wheel ?? sorry i tought you were talking about the rear

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EMA said:

you need something for the front of the wheel ?? sorry i tought you were talking about the rear

Both, but more importantly I want to save the top of the battery cases from water spray, which the internal mudguard does a fairly poor job at.. I really wish the manufacturers could make a proper enveloping internal mug guard that would save the battery cases and underside of the motherboard case from unnecessary water and mud spray.

edit: If I recall correctly you had a BMS alarm go off after riding in the rain, with a rain cover. I suppose water must have come into the batteries from the spray of the tire, since the top was covered from the rain trickling down.

Edited by Cam

Posted (edited)

batteries are well sealed, the weask spot of the wheel are the trolley screws  and the motor cable.

not me but some people got a BMS alarm after heavy rain (happened to other wheels too), this could happen when humidity/water reach the charge board, once you dry it, it stops

Edited by EMA

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EMA said:

not me but some people got a BMS alarm after heavy rain (happened to other wheels too), this could happen when humidity/water reach the charge board, once you dry it, it stops

Water not having entered the batteries sound like speculation to me (just like I speculate it might have entered). I'd prefer you where right of course.

1 hour ago, EMA said:

batteries are well sealed,

I'd love to take your word for it, but I've never seen a disassembly of the battery housings confirming there is a seal. If you have a source for that I'd be very glad.
The top area of the battery housing is not protected from the wheel well either, allowing for water to end up on top of the battery case (I have seen it happen).

edit: It was GitDatPC here that had the BMS alarm go after riding in the rain with a backpack cover on top of the EUC. Hence me wanting a proper, well covering internal mudguard, to avoid excessive spray in the wheel well. Whether the water had traveled to the distribution board or into the batteries, the point remains that I'd prefer limiting that spraying.

Screenshot2023-11-29at01_28_19.png.f6289

Edited by Cam