Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

Suspension: What is everyone riding with and what's your weight? I know a lot of it is preference, but I have no baseline from which to evaluate my preference so it helps to know what others are using.  For the wrench-adjusted portion (compression I believe) I started from the far counter-clockwise position and went with 9 full clockwise rotations from that point (was mentioned in a Marty video as where he started, so I went with that as opposed to a totally blind guess). With the fast-soft click knob (rebound I assume), I started from the far counter-clockwise position and went 12 clicks clockwise. The overall feel is a bit more mushy than I think I like so I'll need to adjust, but knowing what others use is a good frame of reference to work from.

The rebound click knob has something like 22-23 adjustment points (via video, I haven't tried them all yet). How many full rotations does the compression have? Does clockwise rotation provide a firmer compression, or a softer one?

I am always full of questions initially for anything new I get, it'll taper off in time. :lol:

• Haha 1

What do all the numbers on the display refer to? Speed I get, lower left is total distance, battery icon is a battery icon, lower right is temperature, but what about the number 2 below it? Ride mode?

PXL_20230803_144110371 - Copy.jpg

Edited by eezo

3 hours ago, eezo said:

What do all the numbers on the display refer to? Speed I get, lower left is total distance, battery icon is a battery icon, lower right is temperature, but what about the number 2 below it? Ride mode?

PXL_20230803_144110371 - Copy.jpg

32.5 (bottom right) is temperature in Celsius... 36.2 is overall km (distance) on the EUC traveled..."2" is which riding mode you're currently in (soft, medium, hard)

Edited by BKW
  • Upvote 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:05 PM, eezo said:

Suspension: What is everyone riding with and what's your weight? I know a lot of it is preference, but I have no baseline from which to evaluate my preference so it helps to know what others are using.  For the wrench-adjusted portion (compression I believe) I started from the far counter-clockwise position and went with 9 full clockwise rotations from that point (was mentioned in a Marty video as where he started, so I went with that as opposed to a totally blind guess). With the fast-soft click knob (rebound I assume), I started from the far counter-clockwise position and went 12 clicks clockwise. The overall feel is a bit more mushy than I think I like so I'll need to adjust, but knowing what others use is a good frame of reference to work from.

The rebound click knob has something like 22-23 adjustment points (via video, I haven't tried them all yet). How many full rotations does the compression have? Does clockwise rotation provide a firmer compression, or a softer one?

I am always full of questions initially for anything new I get, it'll taper off in time. :lol:

the big hex gear is for preload, the far counter-clockwise position is the softest setting, good for lighter riders around 70kg, if you weight more add 1 turn at time to find your best spot.

rebound knob tune the rebound speed, the far counter-clockwise position is the faster setting, the more you turn it the more it will slow down.
there's no perfect setting, it depends on where and how you ride. a faster rebound is more playfull to ride but you need to know how it behaves ;)
if you ride calm and soft like Marty 6-8-10 clicks could be a good starting point.

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Exciting news! The latest Begode app has new firmware for the Commander Pro, including the Racing (but noisy) / Off Road (more like what we have now) modes and Tilt back like on other newer Begode wheels. Will try this out later today but curious if anyone has already given this a shot!

Edited by EUC Sharkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EUC Sharkman said:

Exciting news! The latest Begode app has new firmware for the Commander Pro, including the Racing (but noisy) / Off Road (more like what we have now) modes like on other newer Begode wheels. Will try this out later today but curious if anyone has already given this a shot!

All that shows on mine is Racing. No other options. Do I need to uninstall/re-install?

4 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

All that shows on mine is Racing. No other options. Do I need to uninstall/re-install?

I played around with it and first thing you need to do is upgrade the firmware on your wheel if you haven't already done so.

After that, you can toggle between racing and off-road. You can also set pedal tilt back on this firmware too, which is a nice addition. I wasn't quite sure how to see the individual battery cells in the battery section but I wonder if it needs to be charging to see that information.

Edited by EUC Sharkman
  • Like 1

Anyone else experience a "choppy" or "notchy" sound when rolling at very low speeds? Sound started today after a leisurely ~2mi ride at around 10mph. It sounded like the motor wasn't smoothly applying power, it was jerky. After power cycling the wheel, it went away and rolls again like it used to.

Edited by eezo
  • Sad 1

Firmware upgraded. I have tried Racing mode, but the CP makes a weird roaring sound. Is this normal?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

Firmware upgraded. I have tried Racing mode, but the CP makes a weird roaring sound. Is this normal?

Yes. It's similar to the EX30 racing mode sounds, though I'm not quite sure why it's so noisy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eezo said:

Anyone else experience a "choppy" or "notchy" sound when rolling at very low speeds? Sound started today after a leisurely ~2mi ride at around 10mph. It sounded like the motor wasn't smoothly applying power, it was jerky. After power cycling the wheel, it went away and rolls again like it used to.

Mine does the same. Here is the answer I received from eWheels.

At low speeds electric unicycle motors emit a characteristic rumble, this the frequency of the magnets coming into proximity of the stator. As you increase the rate of rotation, the noise tends to dissipate. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EUC Sharkman said:

Exciting news! The latest Begode app has new firmware for the Commander Pro, including the Racing (but noisy) / Off Road (more like what we have now) modes and Tilt back like on other newer Begode wheels. Will try this out later today but curious if anyone has already given this a shot!

How do you get the latest Begode app on Android?

Just now, eezo said:

Which firmware do I choose in the Begode app? And how do I know if it was successful? Any screenshots anyone can provide?

I'm launching the app and it connects to my CP, but it doesn't prompt for a firmware update. It just shows a basic readout.

• Like 1

Just now, GitDatPC said:

I'm launching the app and it connects to my CP, but it doesn't prompt for a firmware update. It just shows a basic readout.

I'm quickly finding that word of mouth is the only way that people know how to configure their EUCs. I had to Google / YouTube all of this to get as far as I have. You have to register for an account under the "Me" tab, then you'll have access to another Settings menu that contains a list of firmwares. That being said, the list has a bunch of other wheels and I'm not entirely sure what to choose. "JN Commander Pro" is listed which is the closest I think but who knows. I'd like further clarification as well.

1 minute ago, eezo said:

I'm quickly finding that word of mouth is the only way that people know how to configure their EUCs. I had to Google / YouTube all of this to get as far as I have. You have to register for an account under the "Me" tab, then you'll have access to another Settings menu that contains a list of firmwares. That being said, the list has a bunch of other wheels and I'm not entirely sure what to choose. "JN Commander Pro" is listed which is the closest I think but who knows. I'd like further clarification as well.

I tried to register in the app but it never lets me tick the button to accept the User registration agreement 😣

22 minutes ago, eezo said:

I just tried JN Commander Pro and some of the top ones but the wheel just stops balancing and nothing happens. The update just sits at 0-1%

After some poking I was able to get my firmware/wheel updated. Wish I could help with the Android questions but I’m all iOS.

Now that I have the update, what is the difference between Race Mode and Off-Road besides the noise the wheel makes? I did have to re-calibrate my wheel as when the firmware updated the wheel was tilted slightly forward when I powered it back on. Makes sense but didn’t even think about that.

27 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

After some poking I was able to get my firmware/wheel updated. Wish I could help with the Android questions but I’m all iOS.

Now that I have the update, what is the difference between Race Mode and Off-Road besides the noise the wheel makes? I did have to re-calibrate my wheel as when the firmware updated the wheel was tilted slightly forward when I powered it back on. Makes sense but didn’t even think about that.

Do you have a screenshot of where those settings display in the app?