I was going to buy an S22 but?

No1up

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

How can something with 126v feel less powerful than a v11 wheel?

Simply, the development team at Kingsong who was responsible for the 126V power system in the S20 couldn't deliver. 

@Jack ex-KS was the marketing director for the S20 at Kingsong during the development and launch. At launch, Jack explained a bit of the rationale behind the 126V motor, and what we should be expecting, in the time-stamped video below.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Because we falsely equate higher battery voltage with guaranteeing one or more performance aspects. All the higher battery voltage really means is that the physics will allow the engineers different options in their design. What matters is the decisions they make.

It's a little like assuming that being taller automatically makes you a better basketball player. Being very tall is certainly a more advantageous starting point than not-tall, but there are a myriad of other factors involved. Battery voltage, like height, is only one small part of the total deal.

Thankyou, this makes A LOT of sense to me.

....Im 6'8".....Im very bad at basketball

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Well, no 84V wheel will have the same top speed but as much torque as some 100V wheels.  Analogously, no 100V wheel will have the same top speed as the Master and as much torque as the Master. 

True if their drive circuits are the same topology. But there's more than one way to skin a cat! The battery voltage by itself doesn't limit max performance characteristics, it changes the levers and how the Engineer can manipulate them. 100V MPro goes 56 mph...

And while options do exist, so do constraints of cost, schedule, parts availability and demand... so we're unlikely to see a speed wheel that takes an 84V battery and steps it up to drive the motor at 150V. Such a design isn't difficult at all, but it's likely cheaper and easier and has more curb appeal to simply add more cells to the battery.

Edited by Tawpie

• 1 month later...

Wow, I was going to buy ks22 from ewheels but they want to only sell with high discharge batteries apparently, since they sent my deposit back... I do not want that pack...this after almost two years on the damn list.... What other trustworthy American company is selling them??? 

44 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

this after almost two years on the damn list.... What other trustworthy American company is selling them??? 

It couldn't have been a 2 year wait for the the S22, granted even one year is still too long.

However, Jason at eWheels has been active and vocal about selling euc's with safe battery packs for some time now. On top of that the CPSC is involved in a eWheels battery pack recall. And the CPSC is focused on battery pack safety. Also, don't forget about the infamous S20 battery fire in NYC.

The feds are watching, and monitoring missteps. You either sell euc with safe battery packs now, or you pay the price at a later date.

Edited by techyiam

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

It couldn't have been a 2 year wait for the the S22, granted even one year is still too long.

However, Jason at eWheels has been active and vocal about selling euc's with safe battery packs for some time now. On top of that the CPSC is involved in a eWheels battery pack recall. And the CPSC is focused on battery pack safety. Also, don't forget about the infamous S20 battery fire in NYC.

The feds are watching, and monitoring missteps. You either sell euc with safe battery packs now, or you pay the price at a later date.

I'm SO happy ewheels is using high discharge batteries. They have so much more overhead. Especially for us heavier riders. The difference between the s18 high energy, and the s18 high discharge is very noticable, especially as the battery gets below 80 percent. 

• Like 1

But..........

There's just so many options I'm overwhelmed now!!  S22, T4, Master, EX20, Master Pro. V13.

So I'm trying to make a choice based on what I will use the wheel for and I realize I have 2 totally different applications.

1. I want an offeoad suspension wheel that would be good on the tight single track mountain bike trails I currently ride my MSP on.

2.  I want a suspension long-range cruiser for long higher speed group rides.

Currently I have no offroad suspension wheel.   I am torn between the S22 and the T4 for this.  I am leaning towards the s22, but sliders concern as my trails are super dusty.  

I use my Begode EX for long range suspension cruising and I LOVE it!!  I never really go over 30mph and I don't want some wheel with super high pedals that's wobbly like the Master.  The EX meets all my needs except that the 2700wh battery doesn't last long as I am 240lbs.  This actually limits my range to about 35-40 miles.  Something like a v13 would give me the range I need amd suspension.  The v13 could replace my EX and probably also replace my Sherman Max which I use for super long rides.  I might even consider getting a Master pro.

I think I will hold off on the s22 and T4 until their 2nd or third batch 

I will put a deposit down for the v13 to reserve the lower price.  The Master Pro will probably come out before the v13.  If it works well, I may switch the from v13 to Master Pro, but I will want to ride somebody's Master pro to see if I can handle the weight.

In the mean time I am perfectly happy ripping around on my Sherman and EX and offroading on my MSP.  I'm in no rush

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 2

s22 is like another dimension of EUC and it's an off road monster machine, has a lot of issues but its new tech and things will be fixed with each new batch. I would go for the Begode Master though after trying both suspension wheels. But I will probably join the Sherman club because suspension is not really everything you need for a good ride and needs a lot of work still