My first EUC sighting πŸ˜€

360rumors

Outside of group rides, sightings are surprisingly rare but they do happen. Saw a Sherman rider the other day, and chatted with a random delivery person on an MPro several months back. There are rumored to be a few riders in my general neighborhood but I don't see them out.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

I saw another EUC rider for the first time! I know it’s no big deal but as a newbie I thought it was exciting seeing an EUC in the wild πŸ˜… Do you guys see EUCs other than group rides?

58F8B219-89DA-4D2C-AFF2-2DBE5460C7E7.jpeg

I’ve never seen one here in bum fuck ohio I’m the only one in my area it seem πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

• Sad 1

Has only happened to me three times in the 1.5 years I've been riding. A V11, S18 and a RS. All three were nice enough to let me try out their wheels. The S18 had the kai jump pads on and wanted to feel the difference between my DIY the Kai pads. Still using my DIY pads.Β :D

• Like 1

As we where driving car trip to woods, for little bit off-road fun. We once saw 4 riders, riding down highway side lane. 2 where shermans and 2 i think wasΒ commanders. That was my first time seeing someone else on euc. :DΒ Funny thing was, as we where driving, i suddenly saw 4 "stick" like figures moving in distance.. Then i noticed they where euc riders. :DΒ 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

As the weather has been getting nicer, I see riders fairly often now. Lol. Usually when I’m also out for a ride. I saw a group of three, by the lake, father and son on a bike path and a solo rider out in a peninsula I was exploring. That was during one ride....

Theres a good amount on this city, apparently we all take similar routes.Β 

• Like 2

I see others from time to time, but rarely intersecting to where we might meet. (Usually across street or I'm not on my euc.)Β 

On the other hand, I rarely go for a ride on my euc without running into someone on either a onewheel, scooter or ebike...

In fact, most SD EUC group rides tend to run directly into onewheel group rides (and we end up all dodging one another).Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Funky said:

As we where driving car trip to woods, for little bit off-road fun. We once saw 4 riders, riding down highway side lane. 2 where shermans and 2 i think wasΒ commanders. That was my first time seeing someone else on euc. :DΒ Funny thing was, as we where driving, i suddenly saw 4 "stick" like figures moving in distance.. Then i noticed they where euc riders. :DΒ 

wow did you wave at them or something?

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Outside of group rides, sightings are surprisingly rare but they do happen.

Β 

1 hour ago, goatman said:

i wish those pictures of ufo and sasquatch sightings turned out so good

When I read Tawpie's post, I thought of sasquatch, but goatman beat me to it!Β  :eff006f726:Β  ;)Β  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingWigs said:

I've seen about 5 or 6 OneWheel riders but I'm the only EUC rider I know of. I was told of EUC sightings by coworkers but it's still a myth to me 😁

The truth is that this is all a dream and we're figments of your imagination...Β :wacko:

I'm in socal near the beach so I see a lot of onewheels (myself included), maybe more common than esk8.Β  But of course not as many as electric scooters and e-bikes.Β  As for EUC, the only riders I've seen besides that one guy from today are the people I bought my used wheels from.Β  I guess we're the few and the proud.Β :D

I havent seen anything else in 5 years than a kid on a airwheel.Β  And then suddenly yesterday, a Onewheel!Β  No protection, my first thought: See you in the ER...Β :facepalm: Β 

I would say each week I saw someone else in Prague. Always waving, sometimes short chat.
I would like to have some worldwide EUC hello gesture, but still I dont find any suitable to start talk about here (interesting idea was both hands rolling over each other - symbol of rolling, every EUCman should understand, but thats two hands and we are a bit lazy riders :D)

Edited by Miko.cz

2 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

I would say each week I saw someone else in Prague. Always waving, sometimes short chat.
I would like to have some worldwide EUC hello gesture, but still I dont find any suitable to start talk about here (interesting idea was both hands rolling over each other - symbol of rolling, every EUCman should understand, but thats two hands and we are a bit lazy riders :D)

How about just a "O" with one hand? As in one, single wheel? πŸ‘Œ

2 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

I think that would be great. For motorcyclists in the US we usually nod or give peace sign. Β Since we could be in the middle of a curve sometimes we just extend 2 fingers without letting go of the handlebar.
For EUC maybe we point with one index finger?

6 minutes ago, FlyingWigs said:

How about just a "O" with one hand? As in one, single wheel? πŸ‘Œ

I think that’s good. How about like sign language β€œd” which forms an O and an index finger which kind of looks like a person on an euc. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RayRay said:

Β 

notsobigfoot.jpg

Not So BigFoot Sighting...

People see that and say, "What's that shit he's riding???"

• Haha 1