GotWay RS19 torchlight will not stop blinking.

Is there any possibility that there could be water inside your wheel? Most common entry for water is the speakers on the side. If not water I would suspect the board having a shortcircuit of shorts, could be like just a small copper piece causing a short in board. Or water in the plugins.

In anycase you should open the side panels.

• Upvote 1

Possible water in the on/off switch?  You could post this in the Gotway/Begode forum.  It might get more views and responses.

• Upvote 1

Should you find any water on your wheel you should try to proceed to disconnect the battery on both sides, then press the power button until the device does not power in any way, just to get the capacitors dry (of electricity). Then proceed to get hair dryer, adjust it to mild warmth so you do not damage anything. Remove any water and take time, there is no hurry and make sure the drying air feels warm but NOT HOT.

Edited by Tasku
  • Upvote 1

I haven't been able to turn off my torch light for a WEEK.

I've never got it wet.

I freespinned it like someone recommended, but that didn't work.

The last thing I was doing was messing with the settings in DarknessBot and it asked me to pay for the Premium torch version, but I said "no" and turned it off.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(merged)

I am not familiar with Darkness Bot but what would happen if you paid for the premium feature?  Is it too expensive to give it a try?   Do you have access to an Android phone to see if EUC World  it can control the lights?  

Check the physical connection with the auxiliary board. (The separate smaller board that is responsible for the lights, speakers etc)

You can also try to disconnect the batteries and empty the capacitors (press the power button) before plugging it back in.

There no "factory reset" thing (like you asked in another thread).

Even if you flash a new firmware, the settings are preserved.

You can also try to connect to this app and check the "fault alarms" under the wheel state section.

https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html

Maybe the wheel is trying to tell you something? Hall sensor error, gyro error etc.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

Freespin the wheel? Is that where you pick it up and let it go as fast as it can?

seems like I recall some wheel that could be 'reset' by free spinning to shutdown in the forward direction, then free spinning to shutdown in reverse... but I might have been asleep too. happens at my age.

22 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Check the physical connection with the auxiliary board. (The separate smaller board that is responsible for the lights, speakers etc)

Yes this board likely has a drop of water in it, or some of the plugins connecting to headlight. All the wires should be inspected too.

In order to do this you need to take the wheels to half (there are more screws on the side and as they are removed the covers split to half). Current photos only show side panels open. The wheel has 2 huge plastic covers that you can remove, and the wheel goes half. You have to be very careful doing that and power must be unplugged. Like was explained earlier, on both sides of the wheel

I would say, it would be better you look for professional to help you with the diagnosis. I worry you might damage the wheel while doing this.

Ewheels, Alien rides, Euco? I don't know what all wheel dealers are close to you but I would contact one of em and ask help with diagnosis.

----------

Seems your wheels circuitboard is covered by protective layer, that's good. Visually seemed pretty ok (the mainboard) this does not rule out mainboard as becoming faulty tho. 

The problem seems that the headlights blink, but also the side panel leds blink?

If it would be only headlights I would suspect they have some moisture (water) and yes water can form from moisture, does not have to splashed into there. This board is located on the top part currently not show in the pictures.

------------

Again I would like to repeat this advice:

It could be better you look for professional, to help you with the diagnosis. I worry you might damage the wheel while doing this.

Ewheels, Alien rides, Euco? I don't know what all wheel dealers are close to you but I would contact one of em and ask help with systematic fault finding.

Did you try the Begode app? I only use it for firmware updates but it should restore the wheel to a desired state. If not then the lighting control board might be damaged. Usually on Begode wheels the power button cycles through the light cycles. Maybe the Darknessbot soft bricked the light control. A last simple attempt before digging into the hardware try a firmware update using the Begode app.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

Did you try the Begode app? I only use it for firmware updates but it should restore the wheel to a desired state. If not then the lighting control board might be damaged. Usually on Begode wheels the power button cycles through the light cycles. Maybe the Darknessbot soft bricked the light control. A last simple attempt before digging into the hardware try a firmware update using the Begode app.

How do you use the got way app? I've tried the social and non social version. I don't know what my motor code is so I can't use non social version. But the social version of the app won't let me sign up because they never send the verification code. Any tips or help to get around this?

I can't remember where I got the Begode app. I think I got the link from the EUCO website. The Google app store doesn't have it. If you don't get a verification link check your email spam folder. The Begode app probably triggers the do not trust in most emails. My RS is second batch so the controller isn't easily upgraded. I have a Monster Pro and EX.N that I've updated with the Begode app. I wish I could find a way to use EucWorld to update.

Edited by Unipilot69

On 4/30/2022 at 2:35 PM, Tritzzy said:

I don't know what my motor code is so I can't use non social version.

It's printed on the motor cover, you can see it when you rest the EUC on its side...

(190800375 in this example)

GW-NIK-MOT-1-1.jpg

That shiny "jelly" is a conformal coating designed to try to protect the board against dust and water (notice I said TRY, this doesn't mean you should hose it down or throw handfuls of sand in there). Anyways, It is supposed to be there. Don't try to remove it.

Just stabs in the dark here, but at this point why not: try putting it back in transport mode and then taking it out again? Try free spin one more time?

If that doesn't work I would contact your dealer about the issue, they have always been really helpful to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My RS19 (green motherboard) started having this same flashing headlight issue after a crash today. I was trail riding down an incline. The wheel slipped out from under me and hit a rock. The headlight assembly popped out. I can see no damage to the wires. There was no water inside the wheel (no rain or water) Tue wheel rides like normal, except the light is on strobe mode the second the wheel turns on.

1. Tried disconnecting the battery and pushing the power to discharge power to the mother board.

2. Neither DarknessBot no euc world will shut the light off.

3. Tried going into and out of travel mode.

4 Tried free spinning the wheel to stop in both directions with power off and on between each. 

5. The strobe rate on my RS is slightly slower than my friend’s RS strobe when it’s purposely turns on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1