Losing weight from riding EUC?

360rumors

15 hours ago, Esash said:

You could also look into kettlebell exercises, and do them with your V8. And like pick up your V8 and try to do 10-15 squats.

Kettlebell swings with a Sherman would burn calories and build muscle for sure! Make sure it’s off though.

13 hours ago, Paul A said:

7-Eleven: 

The giant 64-ounce Double Gulp® drink was introduced first in 1988.

64 oz / 1892ml

Super Big Gulp (40 oz) has 40 teaspoons of sugar (146 grams)

Double Gulp (64 oz) presumably has 64 teaspoons of sugar. 

Approximately one teaspoon of sugar per 30ml.

64 teaspoons of sugar - 1024 calories/4284 kilojoules

Generally, the recommended daily calorie intake is:

2,000 calories (8368 kj) a day for women

2,500 calories (10460 kj) for men.

double_big_gulp.jpeg

Anybody remember this? (sorry a little OT)

Annotation 2022-04-22 202658.jpg

• Haha 1

You will not lose weight from riding an EUC. Weight is lost in the kitchen. An average size male burns about 2500 calories in a day. Jogging for 30 minutes burns maybe 400 calories, enough to cover a bag of chips. Riding an EUC will not burn close to that much. If you want to lose weight you have to look at diet first and foremost. If you want to lose 1 pound a week you need to consume 500 calories less per day than you burn.   

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

You will not lose weight from riding an EUC. Weight is lost in the kitchen. An average size male burns about 2500 calories in a day. Jogging for 30 minutes burns maybe 400 calories, enough to cover a bag of chips. Riding an EUC will not burn close to that much. If you want to lose weight you have to look at diet first and foremost. If you want to lose 1 pound a week you need to consume 500 calories less per day than you burn.   

Or to lose weight just get your free heroin and meth kits the government is handing out in Vancouver 🤣🤣

20 hours ago, TantasStarke said:

I was completely sedintary. Didn't work, didn't leave my house (no car or license) and just stayed inside eating, watching tv, and playing video games all day. I was up to 400lbs.

That's my life at the moment.  :cry2: Only thing different i'm 280lbs. And somewhat given up.

Funny thing, i was looking at Emove Cruiser also, before my eyes glanced at euc's. But in my case, i still rarely leave my house.. Once a week "fun" ride or so. To me everything in life is boring/pointless. :sleep1:

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

That's my life at the moment.  :cry2: Only thing different i'm 280lbs. And somewhat given up.

Funny thing, i was looking at Emove Cruiser also, before my eyes glanced at euc's. But in my case, i still rarely leave my house.. Once a week "fun" ride or so. To me everything in life is boring/pointless. :sleep1:

Sounds like you need some shrooms  🍄 god’s medicine will make ya look at the smallest things in the world to appreciate and one 3gram dose will help with depression for about 6 months…..my group n.a. Meetings say otherwise and that all substances are bad but psychedelics are food for the soul and I argue with them about it weekly 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Sounds like you need some shrooms  🍄 god’s medicine will make ya look at the smallest things in the world to appreciate and one 3gram dose will help with depression for about 6 months…..my group n.a. Meetings say otherwise and that all substances are bad but psychedelics are food for the soul and I argue with them about it weekly 🤣🤣

bvopj96iyjo71.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Or to lose weight just get your free heroin and meth kits the government is handing out in Vancouver 🤣🤣

the alternative of course being they fund organised crime with the proceeds of petty crime. And your hospitals have to handle the constant health issues from tainted supply.

Edited by Silverfish
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

the alternative of course being they fund organised crime with the proceeds of petty crime. And your hospitals have to handle the constant health issues from tainted supply.

Mostly our morgues are filling up due to overdoses from fentanyl...i know ten people who have died of overdoses since 2015 and after seeing two people die one at Walmart and one close relative...i just received my project D.A.W.N training and carry 8 doses of narcan incase I come acrossed an overdose.I’ll be carrying it when I’m out riding my new euc just incase I have to help save someone .

Fentanyl payouts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/health/oklahoma-opioids-johnson-and-johnson.html

August 26, 2019

Johnson & Johnson Ordered to Pay $572 Million in Landmark Opioid Trial

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/25/1082901958/opioid-settlement-johnson-26-billion

February 25, 2022

4 U.S. companies will pay $26 billion to settle claims they fueled the opioid crisis

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/sacklers-will-pay-up-6-bln-resolve-purdue-opioid-lawsuits-mediator-2022-03-03/

March 3, 2022

Sacklers to pay $6 billion to settle Purdue opioid lawsuits

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2258122-record-8-billion-payout-wont-turn-back-the-clock-on-us-opioid-crisis/amp/

October 23, 2020

Record $8 billion payout won’t turn back the clock on US opioid crisis

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr/ut-southwestern-pay-45-million-resolve-alleged-controlled-substance-act-violations

November 30, 2021

UT Southwestern to Pay $4.5 Million to Resolve Alleged Controlled Substance Act Violations That Permitted Drug Diversion by Staff

• Like 1

from what I have read Fentanyl is some really problematic stuff - apparently the highs you get from it are vastly inferior to those from heroin, and yet it seems to be much more addictive. Not to mention that it is so potent it is extremely difficult to dose it correctly if you dont have access to professionally manufactured medical grade doses.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, BlckRck2014 said:

Yes. Singletrack burns loads.  1,666 calories on this ride. I usually burn 1400-1900 per ride-day. I ride 4 plus days per week.

Screenshot_20220421-201313.png

160 bpm average heart rate??? :blink1:

• Haha 1

One thing is for sure.. if you ride for two hours a day with a full face helmet on and don’t stop to eat, you are burning calories and not taking anything in.  I know I’m burning calories when I ride because I’m sweating the entire time I ride trails. It’s a serious workout if you are pushing.  

• Like 1

You can gain extra weight really fast by drinking and eating. To get rid of it is much slower, because you got to exhale it molecule by molecule. The more you exhale CO and CO2, the more you are losing weight. Now it is only up to your riding style how much it makes you to exhale. Please also remember to inhale :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eucner said:

You can gain extra weight really fast by drinking and eating. To get rid of it is much slower, because you got to exhale it molecule by molecule. The more you exhale CO and CO2, the more you are losing weight. Now it is only up to your riding style how much it makes you to exhale. Please also remember to inhale :rolleyes:.

Wow that's a very interesting insight.  I guess in addition to the respiratory system there's also the excretory system.  But I I'm not breathing hard even when I ride off-road.  I suppose I should try to challenge myself more. haha

Edited by 360rumors

On 4/22/2022 at 7:14 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

i just received my project D.A.W.N training and carry 8 doses of narcan incase I come acrossed an overdose

Good for you! I have called in at least 10 suspected overdoses this year while out riding. 

As far as weight loss...

Walk your neighborhood for 10 minutes a day while carrying your wheel(s) and you will see positive results or destroy your back.  

• Haha 2