WTF did I just read

esaj

Lol - you made my day!

I just read the first couple of the 200 proofs and i think i already found my favourite:"
5) One portion of the Nile River flows for a thousand miles with a fall of only one foot. Parts of the West African Congo, according to the supposed inclination and movement of the ball-Earth, would be sometimes running uphill and sometimes down. This would also be the case for the Parana, Paraguay and other long rivers.
"

this proof is just of such great creativity (you have to look at the picture which i could not copy paste) that i stopped and hope i still have some more exciting readings with the rest of the 195 proofs!

thanks @esaj - i know the www is full of hidden treasures, but this side starts really "overwhelmingly"

Damn, guys he is right:

21) If the Earth were truly constantly spinning Eastwards at over 1000mph, helicopters and hot-air balloons should be able to simply hover over the surface of the Earth and wait for their destinations to come to them!

Commuting to work, when the train was travelling at 120kph, I jumped into the air. I noted I was airborne for 0.5 seconds. According to the above theory I should have travelled 16.67 metres (sorry lets get the terminology right: the train should have travelled 16.67M whilst I stood still) before I landed.

My word, it worked; I landed in the arms of a very unfortunate young lady at the other end of the carriage.

Just proves one should not mess with physics, I'm in court next Tuesday:-( 

51 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Just watch this video if it is just a camera trick to prove the Earth is spherical.

Thats a really bad video to proove a point, since it seems to be a fisheye lense (see how the horizon angle changes when the camera moves up or down). So any straigt line far away would be bent... :)

one of my favorites: 

When you observe the Sun and Moon you see two equally-sized equidistant circles tracing similar paths at similar speeds around a flat, stationary Earth. The “experts” at NASA, however, claim your common sense every day experience is false on all counts! To begin with, they say the Earth is not flat but a big ball; not stationary but spinning around 19 miles per second; they say the Sun does not revolve around the Earth as it appears, but Earth revolves around the Sun; the Moon, on the other hand, does revolve around the Earth, though not East to West as it appears, rather West to East; and the Sun is actually 400 times larger than the Moon and 400 times farther away! You can clearly see they are the same size and distance, you can see the Earth is flat, you can feel the Earth is stationary, but according to the gospel of modern astronomy, you are wrong and a simpleton worthy of endless ridicule if you dare to trust your own eyes and experience.

Oh damn..it gets better...

NASA and modern astronomy maintain that the Moon is a solid, spherical, Earth-like habitation which man has actually flown to and set foot on. They claim the Moon is a non-luminescent planetoid which receives and reflects all its light from the Sun. The reality is, however, that the Moon is observably not a solid body, it is clearly circular, but not spherical, and not in any way an Earth-like planetoid which humans could set foot on. In fact, the Moon has been proven largely transparent and completely self-luminescent, shining with its own unique light.

3740.jpg

18 minutes ago, manuelz said:

Thats a really bad video to proove a point, since it seems to be a fisheye lense (see how the horizon angle changes when the camera moves up or down). So any straigt line far away would be bent... :)

not really. I you really think that those curved lines are due to the fish eye effect then even all the diagonal lines should be bent.

9 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

not really. I you really think that those curved lines are due to the fish eye effect then even all the diagonal lines should be bent.

all lines are bent - and depending on the angle, it changes. if you'd point the camera a little more up, the horizon would become straight, if you point it down, the sides are pulled down as well and it becomes more curved

1 minute ago, manuelz said:

all lines are bent - and depending on the angle, it changes. if you'd point the camera a little more up, the horizon would become straight, if you point it down, the sides are pulled down as well and it becomes more curved

So you believe the flat earth theory too?

On 12/02/2016 at 9:32 AM, manuelz said:

Sorry @SlowMo, @manuelz is correct, that is a heavily fisheye lens, as it rocks up and down at times the horizon appears convex, see two screen grabs below.

Way more relevant is the distance to the horizon at altitude, the camera is seeing hundeds of miles including mountains compared with the distance it could see near ground level where even high mountains aren't visible due to the Earths curvature of course ;-)

33 minutes ago, manuelz said:

24 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Then good for you. I have the same Gopro 2 camera and none of my flying videos show that much curvature of horizontal planes.

26 minutes ago, Keith said:

Sorry @SlowMo, @manuelz is correct, that is a heavily fisheye lens, as it rocks up and down at times the horizon appears convex, see two screen grabs below.

I revisited my videos and found that Manuelz is right. The Gopro2 really bends the horizon depending on the camera angle.

Archived