Does the "setting for speed limit " have to be set every time you turn on the King Song EUC?

ninebot one p

18 minutes ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

Since I have the first batch of KS 18 without the SN on the motor, I won't be able to change the speed, right? I heard that the models made after September 2015 are capable of being change with just a code. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. 

I might be wrong about this, but I think the earlier wheels (like mine) which have a fixed warning speed of 25kph were the ones that only connected to Android phones. If the wheel connects to iPhones as well then, I think, it also has the ability within the programme, on either Android or iPhones, to enter an unlock code and change the maximum speed. I'm sure someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong ;-).

You do need to get the ISN number and get an unlock code though as mentioned in any number of posts on this forum.

Yes at some point there was only android application for earlier wheels. 

I believe there was also a batch in between that was able to connect to the new app but not able to change the speed.

yes before september one couldnt change the speed beeps

OK,

So a checklist to tick off:

1) You can connect to the App OK and don't get any "illegal device" errors?

2) you have got an unlock code and have entered it successfully?

3) You are able to enter new speeds and the App accepts them OK?

4) You are not setting "illegal" figures?

I'm struggling to find the relevant posts but if you set the speeds too high (and possibly out of sequence - lower speed for higher alarm?) then the app accepts them - you don't get any error - but goes back to default settings when switched off. Try setting something like 25,26,27, and 28 kph and see if it keeps those speeds. Certainly anything over 30kph seems to go back to default from what I've read.

There has been some suggestion (again cannot find posts offhand) that wheels purchased direct from China are set for the local market and don't have the speed changing functions?

My experience as follows :

1. Ordered KS 18  11/20/15

2. Downloaded to my IPhone the KS APP I found on this sight  11/21/15

3. Took delivery 2/5/16 turned it on right away , opened the app and it connected right away ! ( SURPRISED!) as soon as it connected , the serial number of my wheel was displayed on the app .

4. Had a Good laugh at the "Instruction manual "  ?

5. Learned from this site how to Bluetooth music from my iPhone.  ( Hold down the Bluetooth button for a full 5 seconds , let go then hold it for 1 second ) it will actually say Bluetooth activated .

6. Just yesterday, I used the decoder from ESAJ to unlock my my device . I used the serial number that was displayed on my app.

Everything works ! Thank you ESAJ and everyone here that made this entire experience much easier ! 

7. I continue to experiment with the settings . Stay tuned ............

Update:

My wheel doesn't connect to the apk Kingsong adroid 1.0 app. I can't find it in the Google Play store anymore. However, I can connect it to the Millbay app (odometer, voltage, current, riding modes, etc)? Weird. Either way, I am unable to change the speed as that option isn't on the Millbay app. 

@Pilotguy Absolutely! I am happy for ya'. I used that decoder made by Esaj as well, but since I couldn't connect to the Kingsong app, I'm stuck at my current settings...forever it seems. lol

Hey, just got my KS 18 today, put about 45 minutes in the parking lot and had no face plants thank goodness. Question, I see there's a place to put a code in to unlock some things, including possibly turning off the speed limits and turning up all that beeping. Where do you get that code?

H

• 2 weeks later...

Still can not get the higher speeds to stay. I go to Setting for Speed Limited. put in something like I Level Alarm 40Km/h, II Level Alarm 45Km/h, III Level Alarm 50Km/h, Rocker Speed 60Km/h. OH just dawned on me as I was typing this... What is rocker speed does it need to be set under I Level Alar or over III lever Alarm?

10 minutes ago, ninebot one p said:

Still can not get the higher speeds to stay. I go to Setting for Speed Limited. put in something like I Level Alarm 40Km/h, II Level Alarm 45Km/h, III Level Alarm 50Km/h, Rocker Speed 60Km/h. OH just dawned on me as I was typing this... What is rocker speed does it need to be set under I Level Alar or over III lever Alarm?

Level 1 alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30

level 2 alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30 . Level 2 alarm has to be equal or higher than level 1 alarm

level 3 Alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30. Level 3 alarm has to be equal or higher than level 2 alarm

rocker speed - has to be equal or higher than level 3 alarm and not greater that 30kph

recommended settings :

alarm 1 - 28

alarm 2 - 29

alarm 3 - 30

Rocker speed - 30

were you really planning to ride at 60 kph?

17 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Level 1 alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30

level 2 alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30 . Level 2 alarm has to be equal or higher than level 1 alarm

level 3 Alarm - enter a number from 0 to 30. Level 3 alarm has to be equal or higher than level 2 alarm

rocker speed - has to be equal or higher than level 3 alarm and not greater that 30kph

recommended settings :

alarm 1 - 28

alarm 2 - 29

alarm 3 - 30

Rocker speed - 30

were you really planning to ride at 60 kph?

Probably not but I do not like limits telling me what to do. Now that I do the math 60Km/h = 37.282 mph it does seem to be foolishly fast. So 30km/h is top speed? I thought it was 39 km/h or is that a different brand?

I am glad it worked out. If your 18" is 800w motor then it will have a 30 kph maximum, just like the 14". If its 1100 w it might have around 40 kph max

edit, ok just saw it in your signature. 1200w - you might want to play with it and try to enter a higher speed limit on the 18".  I am curious if this will work. 

Just now, ninebot one p said:

Do not have the 1200w yet it is  on order. But I will when it get here took three month to get The first two King Songs

7 wheels huh? Can you adopt me or something?

joking aside, this is Awesome, man. When it arrives let us know what max speed it allows you to enter

On ‎01‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 4:12 AM, ninebot one p said:

Do not have the 1200w yet it is  on order. But I will when it get here took three month to get The first two King Songs

As i see your Signatur....

How do you compare 800W Kingsong(14/18) to ninebot p?

Archived