EUC Dash

On 3/22/2022 at 1:12 AM, Freestyler said:

I think that most (if not all) apps, send these bytes in 3 different write commands, but they can be combined in one.

In my tests, some wheels didn't reacted to a single write of multiple bytes. I had to send single bytes with delay of ~100 ms. It may be that older firmware versions may need this delay, probably due to lack of any sort of comm queue / buffer in older. Just FYI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Speed formula (kilometers or miles) can now be selected on wheels that support it.

Wheel reported data + screen will change with this setting.

Tested on Master so far. Feel free to test it on other wheels.

(the reading of the setting might be wrong)

image.png.6b378e93f5d8f5ffafc936fb87a6346d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very cool! Now I just need to figure out what's going on with the Master's odometer and trip values, unless those are just buggy for now.
My odometer value shows up in the "Trip distance" field, and its value changes accordingly when I change the speed formula setting. (Appears to be in 1/100 km or 1/100 miles)
The "Total distance" field is another value that doesn't toggle with the conversion. Not sure what it is. When I connect to my eucWatch, the trip number seems like it may be pulled from that field, but my 9-mile ride is showing up as several thousand, ha! The Begode app seems to be reading the trip distance correctly.

Some changes were made to the protocol and euc dash might not read them properly in the latest master update.

The setting should work fine and you can use your app of your choice for monitoring the data.

The LCD screen should immediately reflect the changes as well (speed & distance).

If I get the wheel in my hands I will improve the dash and also probably add PWM adjustment setting.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I am a bit confused. Here's what I understand/tried (on my master 50E):

- You can set up a fixed speed limit tiltback out of the box with the app (without custom firmware update) higher than what was possible with the begode app: it seems to work with me at least, a tiltback set @70km/h does activate when I freespin it. You can also change pretty much everything else with the app, miles/km conversion, light, roll angle, pedal mode etc...

- You can't set up a PWM dynamic tiltback without flashing a custom firmware on your wheel, even though you can select it in the app. It seems to default to a fixed speed limit then.

It is however difficult for me to know, as the master has a top speed in the 100s km/h so I don't know if the tiltback is due to pwm 70% or 70km/h since they should kick-in in the same ballpark.

If I understood correctly, I read that there isn't an easy way to mod the fw without Freestyler's help. I just didn't understand how the others got their wheels working with that PWM control.

Can someone clarify that for the dumbass that I am ? Thank you very much :)

1 hour ago, Timwheel said:

I am a bit confused. Here's what I understand/tried (on my master 50E):

- You can set up a fixed speed limit tiltback out of the box with the app (without custom firmware update) higher than what was possible with the begode app: it seems to work with me at least, a tiltback set @70km/h does activate when I freespin it. You can also change pretty much everything else with the app, miles/km conversion, light, roll angle, pedal mode etc...

- You can't set up a PWM dynamic tiltback without flashing a custom firmware on your wheel, even though you can select it in the app. It seems to default to a fixed speed limit then.

It is however difficult for me to know, as the master has a top speed in the 100s km/h so I don't know if the tiltback is due to pwm 70% or 70km/h since they should kick-in in the same ballpark.

If I understood correctly, I read that there isn't an easy way to mod the fw without Freestyler's help. I just didn't understand how the others got their wheels working with that PWM control.

Can someone clarify that for the dumbass that I am ? Thank you very much :)

euc Dash is the most complete client to date for setting up a gotway wheel, so it can activate settings other apps cannot.  

new master firmware by begode can set the pwm buzzer alarm to something other than default.

no firmware other that freetyler's can activate tiltback on pwm alarm, so contacting him is the only way to a safe Gotway for now. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Freestyler This statistics report is dope mate cheers, no more need for screen video capture + stopwatch to chase time

If it's possible and not complicated to code, can we have a field like "customizable speed" to enter a speed to reach which will save the time for this one, or a summary of the 50/60/70/80kph times like the Draggy app? It would avoid me to have to look at the screen during acceleration to match the one I'm aiming for  :lol:
https://ibb.co/W3dpQGK

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

May we clarify this: if Speed alert mode is set to PWM with the stock firmware (not the custom), will the Master beep based on some PWM % threshold (like 80%)?

And if the custom fw is flashed, also a PWM tiltback will be added to the above?

Speed alert PWM is what other apps call speed alerts disabled.

PWM alarm cannot be disabled though, so that's why I named it PWM. It's confusing I know.

If you flash a custom firmware then you can enable PWM tiltback and in addition to the beep, the wheel will also tiltback you.

The PWM that this will happen can be adjust in some wheels. If so, you will find a PWM limit slider to adjust it.

This value will be respected by both the PWM alarm & PWM tiltback.

If the wheel does not support PWM limit adjustment, then it's hardcoded in the firmware to a value of 75% or 80% depending on the wheel.

For PWM tiltback I hardcode the value to 5% less of the already hardcoded value. (so 75% for 80% wheels)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

PWM alarm cannot be disabled though

So speed alert PWM is actually the one happening when the wheel is free spinned in the air? Always on?

My Master actually tilts back (I think) as well as beeping on max speed free spin. Does this mean it has PWM tiltback function in the fw already (and potentially the pwm slider could work as well) and there's no need of the hacked fw?

Edited by Aztek

No, it doesn't have PWM based tiltback.

It might have a fixed speed tiltback though, so check the settings.

The PWM alarm is transmitted through the BT protocol. You can perform a free and monitor the Fault alarms field.

When you exceed the PWM limit, you will see "high power" in the fault alarms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 10:18 PM, Freestyler said:

const faultAlarms = {
 0: 'high power',
 1: 'high speed 2',
 2: 'high speed 1',
 3: 'low voltage',
 4: 'over voltage',
 5: 'high temperature',
 6: 'hall sensor error',
 7: 'transport mode'
}

According to my info, it should look like:

const faultAlarms = {
 0: 'high power',
 1: 'high speed',
 2: 'imu error',
 3: 'low voltage',
 4: 'over voltage',
 5: 'high temperature',
 6: 'hall sensor error',
 7: 'transport mode'
}

• Like 2

@Freestyler @enaon, seems that for wheels that sends "metric/imperial" bit applies only to speed and distance that is sent in 0x00 frame. Total distance value sent in frame 0x04 seems to be always metric.

• Like 2

Total distance:

Thanks. It's a mess :) 

Maybe they plan to change that on future firmware releases.

Gyro alarm:

I populated the fault alarms based on my personal mcm5 wheel and I can confirm they are 100% accurate.

Mcm5 is the ONLY wheel that has not received a firmware update since I started messing with all that stuff (almost a year ago), so it's a kinda "old" base.

I took a look at a newer firmware / wheel and I can confirm that the 3rd bit is now an IMU / gyro error.

Furthermore, "high speed" seems to be completely removed and its place was taken by some kind of an over current alarm.

I will maybe verify it with some testing (by reducing the current limit first).

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Freestyler said:

Total distance:

Thanks. It's a mess :) 

Maybe they plan to change that on future firmware releases.

It's possible. Now I'm working on T4 V2 with GW1612203 firmware and it seems that it send total distance in accordance with metric/imperial setting. So looks like a firmware-dependent thing. Definitely a mess... :eff0541f4a:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/8/2023 at 6:17 PM, b1oki said:

Bill changes his username on GitHub, so the new URL https://bill-kolokithas.github.io/euc-dash/ 

How to connect your wheel, on the link opening on my iPad , Mac, I can not connect via Bluetooth, must we an windows PC?

4 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I think that was mentioned in previous post what you need on iOS devices to use the EUC Dash.

This you mean?