Best King Song Option for Newbie

@ShanesPlanet Yeah finding the right balance is just as difficult if not more so than finding the perfect motorcycle it seems. I do really like the XL but I can't help wish it was lighter while retaining all the other features. And then I look at all the new entry's into the market and it is kind of exasperating with the ceaseless weight inflation. I'd like to see more female riders but I can't help but think that the wheels are going in the wrong direction for them despite some women being pretty quick to learn how to ride. (I think their over all lower center of gravity is a plus for them.)

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 3:10 AM, bkw said:

I own the 16X because I live in Manhattan and I wanted the maneuverability, and "off-road" capabilities for potholes, bumps, cracks, etc. From what I read, the 18XL is more comfortable riding for longer distances, but less maneuverable than the 16X. Either way, both wheels you'd get used to if you owned them. I also wanted something with good range and speed for the EUC price, but this may be different for you.

For all what I read the 16x has a good reputation between all riders! That looks like a great choose !

20 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I'd say the V10F is closest. I think the 16X is a superior wheel in many ways, but would also guess that the V10 and V10F have sold a lot more units!

And @Oshintao, you are more than welcome. There is motivation for me though, some day I might be able to visit the Caymens and if I do, you may find me knocking on your door asking to borrow a wheel and have you take me for a tour!

Why not? I arrive here almost 2 years ago 😅 beautiful place to do vacations and great beach!!! By that time I hope to still have 1 wheel and no more than 2, everyone says it’s addictive!!

18 hours ago, bkw said:

This is coming from someone who has only had one wheel and only rode one wheel before, so this is my opinion..

I honestly think the v12 is similar to the 16X. I literally bought the 16X a month or two before the V12 came out. If I had a choice between the v12 and the 16X, I'd go with the V12 because it's basically the same thing but more speed and higher battery Whs. But do you need it to go that fast? The 16X is fast enough, trust me, unless you're a speed demon. The 16X is a good wheel, but I'm all about "more" and the V12 is a little "more" to me. Tbh, you'll be happy with either or though...

that means you are a happy owner of a 16X , I think this is the best one to get …due to my size and weight.

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Waiting sucks, but I don't know if I'd switch to a second choice over it. In your situation, buying used is kind of a gamble. THere are plenty of trusting riders/sellers around, but theres also a few that arent. Being at a geographical disadvantage make the decision tough.

I think the new v12 is similar to the 16x, but I have never ridden one. Buying a wheel (even new) canbe a bit of a gamble. The euc companies arent notorious for being exactly realiable. Once you DO get a good working wheel, youll be pretty adamant about taking care of it. I shudder to think about when I'll have to buy another wheel and gamble with the companies again. If i dint have  local retailer that was so damn honest, I would REALLY be worried.

At any rate, once you get a wheel that works, youll find it was worth the wait. As mentioned before, the first step is to roll those dice and order one. Every day you put it off, is one day later one will arrive and one more day of something in the industry changing. Fwiw, I am not convinced that ANY of these euc companies are making improvement over the last cpla years. If I was in the market for my first and only wheel, I'd be looking into the 16x, 18xl, and MAYBE the Nikola. Anything 'newer' than that, and I'd be very worried of what would arrive and if it even works. CHasing new models is for rich people with lots of patience and an already working wheel. I did my stint on a cpla new wheels. One only took a little bit of work to make it passable. The other was a total shit show, from design to build. The only reason I bought into the marketing was because I had money to burn and a realible wheel already sitting around. I learned a lesson and aint in a hurry to repeat the same mistakes.

That’s why I’m keeping myself away from buying a second hand EUC , I think it’s a better idea to buy a brand new one just to be sure (well, always can come with d factory defect even iPhones come like this sometimes) but my risk is lower than a used EUC.

6 hours ago, Oshintao said:

that means you are a happy owner of a 16X , I think this is the best one to get …due to my size and weight.

The kill switch is also a nice function. Without it, you have to turn the wheel off before lifting it on curbs, steps, etc., then turn it back on to balance itself when done. It makes the convenience factor of the wheel that much better

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!!! It’s me again….. :facepalm:

I have been all this time keep watching videos and reading more , and I follow the suggestion of a mate here and I opened myself to research on others brands on the range of 2k $.

I came up with the Inmotion V12 , looks the offer a lot more than the KS16x at the same price range, the bad news it the next batch will come on late May, so I started to look the Inmotion V11 this will be overall a better choice than the KS16x?

59 minutes ago, Oshintao said:

I have been all this time keep watching videos and reading more , and I follow the suggestion of a mate here and I opened myself to research on others brands on the range of 2k $.

I came up with the Inmotion V12 , looks the offer a lot more than the KS16x at the same price range, the bad news it the next batch will come on late May, so I started to look the Inmotion V11 this will be overall a better choice than the KS16x?

Seems solid wheel. Can't go wrong with ether.  I would go 16x, just because i don't want suspension (my weight won't work great with suspension..) - another part that can break over time..

Next batch V12 have fixed their mosfet issue? Other than that V12 would be awesome wheel. I didn't need speed, range. So i went with cheaper ~600$ option, 18xl my self. Also ~5kg lighter.

In my country V12 cost 2500$, 16x/18xl cost ~1900$.

I loved how the 16x looks, but i hated it's square angled handle.. Little things, but they matter.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Oshintao said:

I came up with the Inmotion V12 , looks the offer a lot more than the KS16x at the same price range

I've not ridden a V12, but until it started having issues it was shaping up to be a very nice successor to the KS16X. The issues are not yet resolved, but they may be in May. This is the way it is buying a brand new model these days, and thusfar no brand has been immune. Even the vaunted Veteran Sherman had problems that are finally, after a year or so of production, seeming to be sorted. The thing the 16X has going for it is that it's now a very mature design, and folks basically don't have problems with it anymore.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Oshintao said:

Given the v12 issues I don't think this is the best option...The v11 is a pretty nice all around wheel and going in the high 20's (I haven't tried 30's yet) feels like nothing as it's extremely stable and solid on the road. 

On 4/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, Tawpie said:

I've not ridden a V12, but until it started having issues it was shaping up to be a very nice successor to the KS16X. The issues are not yet resolved, but they may be in May. This is the way it is buying a brand new model these days, and thusfar no brand has been immune. Even the vaunted Veteran Sherman had problems that are finally, after a year or so of production, seeming to be sorted. The thing the 16X has going for it is that it's now a very mature design, and folks basically don't have problems with it anymore.

I will wait for you here to ride on this beautiful island 😂

On 4/6/2022 at 10:18 AM, supercurio said:

On paper, once it is established for sure that they are reliable a V12 HT or V12 HS would be superior to 16X on all things, except

• 16X is lighter
  • 16X is simple and easy to work with for maintenance as a home mechanic.
    And it could be a key aspect for you.

You can't really go wrong with 18L/18XL either. From the price difference you show, the 18L would be a mistake however: 18XL all the way.

It's a classic to anticipate that you don't need the range since what you think you'd use an EUC for is only short and minor trips. In practice, it's almost guaranteed you'll ride an EUC in many more ways, to many more destinations than you thought: longer durations and longer distances. Like the day you'll decide to make a complete island tour on your wheel  @Oshintao ^_^

Coming to this , I’m also watching videos of the Begode RS19 (High Speed) difference price with the 16X is less than 200$ , but at the end it’s Begode and I’m reading ppl so happy with it and other talking about serious safe problem with the battery.

so basically come to this ones

16x (2089$)

Nikola plus ( 2175$)

Rs 19HS ( 2250$) 

……..I need to pull the trigger on one wheel this weekend , I’m becoming crazy watching videos and reviews everyday , my gf is tired of hearing everyday talking about euc’s 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oshintao said:

Coming to this , I’m also watching videos of the Begode RS19 (High Speed) difference price with the 16X is less than 200$ , but at the end it’s Begode and I’m reading ppl so happy with it and other talking about serious safe problem with the battery.

16x (2089$)

Nikola plus ( 2175$)

Rs 19HS ( 2250$) 

……..I need to pull the trigger on one wheel this weekend , I’m becoming crazy watching videos and reviews everyday , my gf is tired of hearing everyday talking about euc’s 😅

Imagine: You bought one euc  - You fall in love whit it, while riding. Then you are thinking about buying another, and then again another. GF gets sick of your talks of euc this, euc that.. At the end she dumps you, because you only think about euc's now. :D 

I simply went in store - i knew i wanted kingsong - because they are safer. And i knew i needed something bigger than regular 16incher. My options where only 18xl/16x. Loved how 16x looks, but hated it's handle. So i bought 18xl. I didn't even doo much of research. All i knew 18xl where solid option, so i bought it.

Now mine 18xl is lifted(15mm higher) with help of "hextech pedals" and has K66 80/80-14 motorcycle tire. <3

Rs 19HS has hollow bord motor, and has very poor water resistance. In my eyes shit. Other than that awesome wheel, till you get problems.. :whistling:

Disassembly video are best - you know what you have to work with inside.. When people open their wheels, you can see where have been water/dust ingress.

Go 16X + if you put over "backpack cover" in rain it will bee solid. And if you think 40kph speed is enough for you. I'm happy riding at 30kph. Time to time i get to 40kph.

Some Gotway wheels let water/dust inside from "Wheel Well" < Meaning if you ride in rain, it doesn't mater if euc is covered, the water/dust gets inside from tire..

16x/18xl wheel well has only one hole around motherboard heat sink - doh it has rubber gasket around it.. Even if water gets inside, motherboard it self is at the highest position, so less danger of water being inside.. Add thick grease around bearing/axle and it's solid.

You will love 16x i can say that 100%, because it's your first euc and powerful at that. I went with 18xl because i have very little option for offroad, mostly on pavement. And 18xl is like cruiser awesome for long rides. 16x will be like little devil - torquey. Meaning move fun to fool around.

IF you're getting 16X, get right model. They also have some versions i think, older/updated.. What not..

Now GO BUY one for Duck sake. And go start bruising your ankles. <3 (You will hate your euc at first week. Just saying..) :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oshintao said:

16x (2089$)

Nikola plus ( 2175$)

Rs 19HS ( 2250$) 

RS19 will have the most performance by a long shot, if you never intend on riding in wet conditions the RS19 HS is an amazing street wheel topping out at over 45mph, and the HT is the best offroad wheel on the market.

Nikola+ is one of the most water resistant wheels on the market, I would still avoid riding in wet conditions if possible. I personally put a "waterproof backpack rain cover" over my Nikola when riding in wet conditions to be extra safe. Will also give great torque being a 16 inch wheel, and has a top speed of around 42 on a full charge (fastest I've ever seen was 45mph on the AR+ model with a very lightweight rider)

16X/18XL are nice wheels but the performance is a bit lacking, especially on the 18XL. 16X gets some more torque vs 18XL thanks to 2x the amount of mosfets and a smaller tire, but the top speed is a little bit limiting on both if you ever ride in the street. From what I've heard the 16X isn't as water resistant as the 18XL though, but a rain cover would be a big help and I wouldn't ride any wheel without one in the rain. Being 84V doesn't help it out either against the other 2 wheels you listed which are 100V

The Begode battery problem isn't as big as people make it out to be, if you treat the wheel well and don't ride in wet conditions on any Begode wheel except the Nikola (still wouldn't recommend seeking out wet riding though) you should be fine.

If you're anything like me you'll end up upgrading from an 84V Kingsong pretty quick, I'd recommend sticking with 100V wheels (Gotway/Begode, Veteran, Inmotion V12 (if you decide to wait even longer although I doubt you will lol). Also you mentioned being on an island, if no one has said it yet don't ride on the beach as sand will kill your bearings

11 hours ago, Oshintao said:

16x (2089$)

Nikola plus ( 2175$)

Rs 19HS ( 2250$) 

This was so much easier before you discovered Begode wheels. :efeed51798:

The simple answer is the KS(16X) is a conservative, but solid choice. (The Begodes are for speedsters.)

16X = balanced

Nikola+ = speed

RS19 = more speed!

Make your choice based on how much speed you need, but do it quickly or next week you'll be saying "the Sherman (Max) looks interesting..."

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 1

They’re all good picks, just buy one (or two) already. Research is fine to a point but remember, all the time your wasting researching, you could be riding your brand new crazy fun shiny EUC! I have the 16x and outgrew the speed pretty quick not to mention a bad cutout led me to the RST and will never ride anything but a Begode wheel, no issues after over a year with it. Just my worthless 2 cents. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, RayRay said:

This was so much easier before you discovered Begode wheels. :efeed51798:

The simple answer is the KS(16X) is a conservative, but solid choice. (The Begodes are for speedsters.)

16X = balanced

Nikola+ = speed

RS19 = more speed!

Make your choice based on how much speed you need, but do it quickly or next week you'll be saying "the Sherman (Max) looks interesting..."

Ufff too late 😂 I watched all Sherman’s reviews as well 🤣….

On 4/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, Funky said:

Imagine: You bought one euc  - You fall in love whit it, while riding. Then you are thinking about buying another, and then again another. GF gets sick of your talks of euc this, euc that.. At the end she dumps you, because you only think about euc's now. :D 

Now GO BUY one for Duck sake. And go start bruising your ankles. <3 (You will hate your euc at first week. Just saying..) :D 

Actually my gf offer me to buy me the EUC so I can stop talking about which one I should get😂😂 now I add the v11 to the list….:facepalm:

• Like 1