Forum personal storage full / what to do?

2 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Try deleting the attachment first, then uploading a compressed version (or better still, a hosted version). I got space back by deleting attachments.

I deleted one 3MB picture, saw that my free space slider didn't move, and was unable to proceed. Did you get past that?

8 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I deleted one 3MB picture, saw that my free space slider didn't move, and was unable to proceed. Did you get past that?

Oh that works for me - I just killed 10 MB of pics, and when I save the edited posts and refresh the attachments page their removal does indeed adjust the free space used.

It is just a bit mad in this day and age to expect people to do that on a post-by-post basis rather than en masse in the My Attachments page where they are already displayed as a helpful list.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

I was able to delete 12M of pictures and videos... but I wasn't full when I started

• 1 month later...

It took a while, but this was not forgotten and here is the latest update:

• Every "Full Member" gets 1GB of space now (formerly 42MB)! You become a "Full Member" really fast, so nearly everyone has quite a lot of space.
  • We decided against enabling attachment management for now, as we are worried about people making space by removing their oldest stuff and possibly ruining old posts. This issue might be revisited in the future, but for now let's see how the 1GB works out for everyone!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Every "Full Member" gets 1GB of space now (formerly 42MB)! You become a "Full Member" really fast, so nearly everyone has quite a lot of space.

Oh that's excellent, and much more space than free forums typically provide for attachments ! Bravo ! :)

Very glad we don't have to go back removing all the old pics from posts that could still be useful if they remained...

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Very glad we don't have to go back removing all the old pics from posts that could still be useful if they remained...

Yep that was the worry. The older this forum gets, the more it may work as an archive for older questions and stories, and it would suck if random posts were being kneecapped by missing images. (Some already are from image hosts no longer existing.)

On 11/4/2022 at 2:36 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Every time the big boss does something for us he also updates to the latest version. Unless there are different forum software tiers this should not be a problem.

Is the owner/founder/big boss of this forum someone anonymous? Or can we know who to thank for its existence?

On 12/10/2022 at 1:08 PM, meepmeepmayer said:
  • We decided against enabling attachment management for now, as we are worried about people making space by removing their oldest stuff and possibly ruining old posts. This issue might be revisited in the future, but for now let's see how the 1GB works out for everyone!
On 12/10/2022 at 1:17 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep that was the worry. The older this forum gets, the more it may work as an archive for older questions and stories, and it would suck if random posts were being kneecapped by missing images. (Some already are from image hosts no longer existing.)

:clap3:

3 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Is the owner/founder/big boss of this forum someone anonymous? Or can we know who to thank for its existence?

A thread started by the forum owner: 

Edited by Tawpie