Is this Ninebot Z10 a buy?

erikinuulov

11000km is a lot. But the price seems okay. 700€ is good, 700$ would be even better.

A first wheel should already have scratches and cracks, because You definitely will add some more. And the z10 is nearly undestroyable.

You should check the bearings (depending on where the wheel was ridden). Replacement bearings are really cheap, but You need to be the technical person to do the exchange. Because the wheel is no longer in production, Spare parts are not producedmany more. But they are much easier accessible than e. g. Gotway spare parts.

The most important is to check the battery. Use the app ninebattery (only for old android phones: android 4?) to check voltage differences between the cells. They should be below 0,01V. Also the 'status' should be 0.

9 minutes ago, Boris Lämpel said:

The most important is to check the battery. Use the app ninebattery (only for old android phones: android 4?) to check voltage differences between the cells. They should be below 0,01V. Also the 'status' should be 0.

Wheellog for android should be able to show the single cell values, too.

• Like 2

Before you buy the Z10, do note that it is the only EUC with a 4” wide tire. It is different enough to require a slightly different riding style, that doesn’t immediately translate to other wheels if you’ve taught yourself to ride on the Z10. One should catch up pretty quickly though.

I also believe that there are reasons why no-one else makes an EUC with a 4” tire. The one local that had a Z10, crashed several times due to wobbles or losing control at an unseen pebble. He wasn’t an advanced rider by any means, but it did seem that the wonky 4” behavior might benefit from a bit more experience on regular wheels at first.

His Z10 was riddled with the BMS issues that some units were having, so he moved on to the V12.

• Upvote 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:12 PM, Chriull said:

Wheellog for android should be able to show the single cell values, too.

Just checked with EUCW tonight (I dont have wheelog anymore) and it does indeed show all cell voltages as well as resistances, along with lots of other data on the packs. So thanks for that, I had no idea EUCW had been updated with all this! I shall be uninstalling Ninebattery now! Cheers :)

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 6:02 AM, Boris Lämpel said:

Spare parts are not produced [by] many more. But they are much easier accessible than e. g. Gotway spare parts.

Depends on where you live. Here in the US, gotway/begode parts are much easier to get because the domestic distributers stock them. 

I personally wouldn't consider buying a z10. Bought and sold 30+ used EUCs by now, none of them a z10 mainly because of low demand and difficulty of sourcing parts incase something breaks. Also they're essentially all 4-5 years old, and either way that's a long time for a wheel: whether it's been sitting forgotten or in use the entire time.

I'd consider it as a novelty buy at $500 with that kind of mileage. That'd be just to play with it, maybe teach others with, not to sell. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1